Thread: P1 King Of Shaves Set Up

Default P1 King Of Shaves Set Up

Share what you are running for your set up..
    Mine is stock besides...
    Octura X640 sharpened and balanced prop
    I installed OSE small turn fins
    I am running the battery vertical in the boat which is an spc 8000 mah 20c 3s lipo

everything else is stock. I don't have a GPS on it but i would guess it is running in the upper 30's to around 40 and is very stable on calm or chop.

The strut is slightly below neutral which runs a lot better than above neutral with this propeller. I tried neutral and my roost was way too high. I lowered it and it allowed the prop to get better bite, better control, and it runs faster. By the way the turn fins mad a HUGE difference.

Hi,
    I copied Forscotts setup with an X442 and 4S in the normal location -2 degrees on the drive, Tabs down slightly. It was a little choppy but ran 44mph on radar with low temps.

Its so light and gets airborn pretty easy. I ordered some different motors and props to try. I might have to buy another one for extra parts because of Venoms poor customer service.
    Jerry
    Fountain KOS P1, Formula Fastech, 37 Fightercat Daytona CF twin
    Pulled by Slash 4x4 tow vehical

it seems like the octura X442 seems to be a pretty common prop with this boat. I have not tried one yet but do like the performance of the X640. What are the major differences between the 2? Would i assume correctly that by running the x442 i would be going up to a "42" and therefore run a bit faster? This whole propellar thing is somewhat confusing to me and I am only going to be running a 3s for now and am trying to achieve the best setup without spending an arm and a leg on props. Any advice would be appreciated!

Just had my first run on 2x 2s and an x640 prop, man this boat is fast, I couldn't give it full throttle as it was a bit jumpy. I need to play around with it and get it set up right. I did manage to flip it though! That was me getting a bit cocky with it. It really needs some turn fins though. I couldn't belive how easy it span out even at low throttle. Hopefuly I havnt got anything too wet as it was upside down for a few mins!

Quote Originally Posted by jamespl View Post
    Just had my first run on 2x 2s and an x640 prop, man this boat is fast, I couldn't give it full throttle as it was a bit jumpy. I need to play around with it and get it set up right. I did manage to flip it though! That was me getting a bit cocky with it. It really needs some turn fins though. I couldn't belive how easy it span out even at low throttle. Hopefuly I havnt got anything too wet as it was upside down for a few mins!
    Mine is the same....spins out real easy. Waiting for the small turn fins to come back in stock @ OSE.

No wonder I thought the boat was really fast I accidentally ran it on 5s! I thought I had picked up 2x2s not 1 2s and 1 3s!