Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SV27 Props

Thanks for the quick reply Steve,

I have yet to run my boat yet. I should be receiving it tomorrow, but I wanted to pick up acouple of props from my LHS to sharpen and balance tonight. I also need to remove spot weld tabs off of the packs I bought and reassemble using the batterybars. I want everything to run nice and cool. I will be running a SV27 for the first time this weekend.

Thanks
    Mike

good luck man its a blast
    60% of the time... it works every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    ... I run a 45mm carbon prop. Its faster out of the hole but around 27-30mph top speed.
    Really??? 30mph??? That seems slow, because we are getting 35-38mph on NiMH cells using out of the package Grimracer 42x55 props with decent batteries...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Really??? 30mph??? That seems slow, because we are getting 35-38mph on NiMH cells using out of the package Grimracer 42x55 props with decent batteries...
    My kids run these in 4-10" chop. The setup I recommended isnt for speed. Its for staying upright with longer runtimes.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Vaccaro View Post
    Slow the boat down. We run on a huge lake in New Hampshire. If we tried to run a 40mph boat on this lake it would be upside down 90% of the time. I run a 45mm carbon prop. Its faster out of the hole but around 27-30mph top speed.
    I was helping a friend tonight, set up his 2 SV's and on an x 445s we got them trimed out to 31mph. Steve what was the speed on a 642?
    has anyone tried a 447 on this boat?

As the diameter increases the torque roll will also increase. The pitch increases when using the x642 but the diameter is still small, so its faster than the x445. The x445 and 45mm carbon are very similar, thats the reason the speeds are almost the same.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

If you are looking for a little more speed and still want to retain some stability try 14 cells. I have had good luck on the cf45 on 14 IB3600 cells. I do run a spektrum system...I have herd the stock & fm radio systems do not like 14 cells.

well its my friends boats and he wants to keep them on 12 cells, and he has a very limited prop selection. I know what Darin Jordan runs on his SV's on lipos. so I guess i am wondering what is a good selection of props for the SV, so that he can order them, what is the speed and temps on the 642 and 4200s?
    Last edited by Jeepers; 06-30-2007 at 03:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJFE View Post
    I do run a spektrum system...I have herd the stock & fm radio systems do not like 14 cells.
    curious is this just on the SV? cause I have ran 18 cells using an Airtronics FM MX3 with no problems. But I now have Spektrum in all my boats.

I also have an MX3 FM...on 27mhz....Never had a glitch. I am just going by what I have read.

so im getting a supervee with out a prop..x642 or x645? im gonna be running 14cells. looking to go fast maybe?

X642 or a CF45 is a good choice.

14 cells.... your looking for trouble.

im thinking about a octura 1740 3 blade prop. is that too much pitch?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12