Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scottsdale, Az Club dates for '10/'11

Our last club race of the season will be Sunday, April 3rd at McKellips Pond. We'll check for weeds that week to make sure the lake is OK. If not, we'll move over to Indian School pond.

Looks like the lake is going to be fine with regards to weeds.

Our season closer was on Sunday, April 3rd. A little thin in attendance, but the weather was fantastic. Low 80's and a nice breeze all day long. Even a little gusty at times!

Unfortunately due to Gary's recent 1/10th scale theft and Leonard's schedule, 1/10th scale didn't run today, nor did the P-Ltd Hydro's due to attendance.

But, we aim to please with P-Ltd Offshore! 4 drivers and all 4 boats are tuned very close. Scary close, really. About the only hiccup in this class was Paul forgetting about the left turn pin on the 1st lap of the 1st heat...woops. Tiny bit of carnage, but nothing earth shattering. Oh, Dave Zelinka also thought it would be fun on the last lap of the day to see how far his boat could launch off of the concrete dam. I guess he knew he had 2nd place locked! Barely.

David N: 35 1/2 laps
    Dave Zelinka: 33 1/4 laps
    Pete Wijatyk: 32 3/4 laps
    Paul Winegarner: 25 laps

OPC

Chaulk up another one for the Purple Passion Cobra. Paul is also running a Cobra and he was chasing me down in the first heat. His boat was making quite a bit more prop noise than others, so I could hear him chasing me down by lap 3. I puckered a bit, but he spun out in lap 4, giving me a little breathing room. Pete Wijatyk really has his PS 295 smoking fast on the water and the handling is impressive...for a few laps. Dave Zelinka is still getting some consistent runs with his VS-1. It was good to have him out on the water again as he's been busy the last few races.

David N: 1200
    Dave Zelinka: 625
    Paul Winegarner: 350
    Pete Wijatyk: 275

LSH

Gary was able to put together a BBY 31" shovel that he had running very well, and Ted and I were running Insane hulls. Ted had to shake a few gremlins in the first heat, but pulled it together for 2 heat wins in rounds 2 and 3. Ted was also working with a few different props and getting more aquainted w/FE tuning. By round 3, he had a very consistent and reliable setup. He and I actually had a great heat going for a few laps...good driving, close in speed, but I tripped up after turn 3...for the 2nd time that day. But, the class win goes to Gary! (3) Second place finishes! Nice and steady. Nice work, Gary!

Gary Rose: 900
    Ted McKay: 800
    David N: 450

In the 9 years I've been club racing, this was by far the best season of racing we have experienced in Az. We may not have the numbers, but we've got a great group of guys. High caliber. Dare I say world class?? Here's how the season points ended up:

P-Ltd Offshore:

Paul Winegarner: 232 3/4 laps
    David Newland: 222 3/4 laps
    Pete Wijatyk: 197 1/4 laps
    Dave Zelinka: 49 1/4 laps
    Ted McKay: 33 laps
    Gary Rose: 17 1/4 laps

LSH:

David Newland: 6300 pts
    Gary Rose: 3719 pts
    Pete Wijatyk: 2530 pts
    Paul Winegarner: 1900 pts
    Dick Roberts: 1682 pts
    Ted McKay: 800 pts

P-Ltd OPC

David Newland: 6350 pts
    Dick Roberts: 2944 pts
    Paul Winegarner: 2593 pts
    Pete Wijatyk: 2150 pts
    Dave Zelinka: 1075 pts
    Gary Rose: 825 pts
    Pat McDonald: 25 pts

P-Ltd Hydro

Paul Winegarner: 3550 pts
    Pete Wijatyk: 2975 pts
    Dick Roberts: 1200 pts
    Gary Rose: 925 pts
    David Newland: 700 pts

1/10th Scale:

Gary Rose: 2900 pts
    Paul Winegarner: 2300 pts
    Leonard Feeback: 2200 pts
    Ted McKay: 2000 pts
    Dick Roberts: 950 pts

Man, I wish Arizona was closer ! Sounds like some good racing; congrat's to all who ran & especially for keeping things alive & rockin.

My FE 30 P-Sport is going to Tucson for the race this weekend in Steve's "Team Insane" hands. Some more IC & FE events to come in D 19. Good Stuff !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

I'll give it some good racin'...and no rubbin'. Promise.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    I'll give it some good racin'...and no rubbin'. Promise.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12