Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone in NYC?

I actually went down to Eisenhower Park yesterday and it was pretty cool. It was a bit windy so it was choppy, and I flipped my boat once. It took like 20 minutes for it to get back, haha talk about patience. And somehow, after ALL my hard work waterproofing it, there was quite a bit of water in it. Also, when I took the boat out, the propellor shaft came out about 1/4". Hmm, I guess I have to work on my boat a bit more.

we had the boats out by me this past Saturday at stony brook duck pond. my brother in law was able to flip the miss geico...lol. we got to try out the rescue boat (diesels design). it worked great took two minutes to setup and get the boats back to shore.

did you tape the hatch? I have changed the motor coupler to an octura from kintec. i also have had to use thread lock on all my motor mount screws and the motor coupler. i have had the drive shaft come free spinning twice this summer before i did that.

Haha, nice. The rescue boat sounds like a good idea, and I saw the picture of it you posted earlier in the thread. I gotta get myself one.

I taped the hatch, and I had silicone all over the rear screws. Before going out with it, I submerged the whole boat under water in my tub, both right side up and upside down. There were a couple of drops of water, which I suspect came from the water cooling which was not replaced at the time.

I ordered a new coupler from OSE that was suggested to me, and I have the upgrade shaft from Kintec. I'm hesitant towards putting loctite on those small screws in the coupler. I did put loctite on my bullet nut though. I don't know where all that water came from, beats me!

should be free this Sunday if you are around?

Hey! Yup, Sunday sounds good. If anything I'll let ya know.

Alright, my friend said okay and we'll drive there together. Wanna meet at 1? We're gonna leave at around 12 so we'll be there by 1.

i'll see if my brother in law can come but if not i'll come by myself. going to try and get the new castle 1512 1.5 motor i bought in the miss geico for this weekend.

Sounds cool! I will PM you my contact info.

See you later!

Hey, nice meeting you Sunday! So how did your Miss Geico boat go?

was nice meeting you to. wasn't to bad kept flipping into when driving into the wind though, was to choppy. still hit 40 on the gps though.

Oh gotcha. It was a lot less windy on the other side. We tried out my friends new Delta Force copy 29" (at least that's what we think it is, haha), and it ran pretty well, just needs some tweaking. Now I'm waiting on my Pursuit from Kintec, it should come in like 2 weeks I was told :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12