Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone in NYC?

Default Anyone in NYC?

I can't seem to find anything about r/c boat clubs in the NYC area. Does anyone know of one, or are there a bunch of guys that meet up somewhere with their supervees? Thanks!

i am not in the city but am out here on long island in suffolk if you are ever out this way. have a sv27 and the new miss geico. i have been wondering myself if there is anyone out here on the island that runs boats as well.

I was thinking of going to Meadow Lake, which is where the LIE and Grand Central intersect. I've never used my SV27 there, but it's a huge lake and it'd be great for it. Where do you run your boats?

over at stonybrook pond. not a super big pond, more of a duck pond but I have fun entertaining the kids that are there feeding the ducks.

A friend of mine told me he went to Eisenhower Park, and he ran his SV27 in that pond. Said it was pretty big and there were no people to bother him. Ever been there? It's in East Meadow. Maybe we should all meet up there one day.

sounds good just kinda busy the next few weeks with wedding plans.

Quote Originally Posted by domp444 View Post
    I was thinking of going to Meadow Lake, which is where the LIE and Grand Central intersect. I've never used my SV27 there, but it's a huge lake and it'd be great for it. Where do you run your boats?
    Hey Dom, i have been running my boats for years in Flushing Meadows lake, sank a Fastech last year and is currently running my mod. Shockwave 55 gas ..have not run in the last 2 months, been very busy at work.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Quote Originally Posted by onegreenray View Post
    sounds good just kinda busy the next few weeks with wedding plans.
    Alright well let me know when you're not busy. I'd love to see the Geico boat and how your SV27 runs. I'm usually free on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by mappo View Post
    Hey Dom, i have been running my boats for years in Flushing Meadows lake, sank a Fastech last year and is currently running my mod. Shockwave 55 gas ..have not run in the last 2 months, been very busy at work.
    That's why I was scared of such a big lake. Maybe if I run it with the current against me, then if I flip it'll bring it back to me. So far haven't had any flips though with the new LiPos. Oh and I just took a look at the boat on YouTube and it looks pretty awesome (the 55).

Alright well let me know when you're not busy. I'd love to see the Geico boat and how your SV27 runs. I'm usually free on the weekends.

That's why I was scared of such a big lake. Maybe if I run it with the current against me, then if I flip it'll bring it back to me. So far haven't had any flips though with the new LiPos. Oh and I just took a look at the boat on YouTube and it looks pretty awesome (the 55).
    I carry a wader with me to do p/u"s and if its too deep i wait for the wind to bring it back to shore, there is no current to speak about.
    Do you know what the biggest problem with the world is?
    That the Smartest people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence.::tt2

Oh I see. A friend of mine has those and he uses them to get my SV27 out of the boat pond at Central Park when it flips. I was bit nervous since he hasn't been there the past few days while I ran it.

And I thought there would at least be a way the water is heading, from the wind or something.

don't worry i have the same setup diesel has with the Rio ep rescue boat:

Yeah that looked familiar, haha, it's an awesome rescue boat.

If you're available next Saturday maybe we can meet up at a pond somewhere with a friend of mine as well? He's got an SV27 also. We can race!

i usually work Saturdays, but next sunday should be good.

Alright! We'll discuss more details towards the end of the week, gotta make sure he can go.

ok sounds good i have to check with my brother in law as well.

Alright so I asked my bud and he's up for it. If you can go, I think we should meet up at Eisenhower Park if that's alright with you. It's a pretty big pond according to my friend.

i just Googled it and it looks like a nice lake. I'll call him tomorrow and get back to you, around what time are you looking at meeting?

Yup, looks good to me. I was thinking about going around 1 or 2. Gotta confirm that with him but he should be alright with it. And okay, sounds good!

my brother in law Tommy is game for next Sunday the 3rd. 1 or 2 is cool with us.

Oh alright so not this weekend, right? I might check it out myself this weekend then. Alright, so Sunday the 3rd at 1. See ya then!

ya that's what i figured, have the wife's bridal shower this weekend. trust me i would rather be at the pond...lol. but i'll see you on the 3rd at 1:00.

Haha I could imagine! And yup, see you then. Does your brother in law also have a boat?

Na he will once he gets his tax return this year. i usually have him drive the miss geico.

Oh alright. Haha sounds good. I'll talk to you soon, see you next Sunday!

I can't seem to find anything about r/c boat clubs in the NYC area. Does anyone know of one, or are there a bunch of guys that meet up somewhere with their supervees? Thanks!
    If you are interested in some formal club racing, That is NAMBA district 1 They have a very active race schedule in the NY / NJ area, they have a lot of Electric racing . You also have some of the best racers in the country from that club.
    You can get with the district director for club information. It is Dave Rychalsky.
    Here is his contact information.
    dave.rychalsky@namba.com
    Web Site: www.namba-1.com

That's what I was looking for! Thanks, I'll look into it.

That's what I was looking for! Thanks, I'll look into it.
    You Bet, I'm sure you'll find them to be a great bunch with a ton of Fast Electric knowledge.

once again wedding plans win, i can make it this Sunday either the 3rd.

So you can't make it the 3rd? Haha, it's alright. Let me know when you wanna go.

will do, thx.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast