Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to loose an 2000$ boat in 2 seconds :(

Default Saw

Yes Indeed. So just tell your boss you are going to LA for some mechanical engineering project reconnasaince. Send them my business card, make up a little story and next thing you know you are here shooting to break the 111 mph mark.

Simple right?

The problem is that i´m "one" of the 2 bosses....Mine responsabilty doesn´t end at 6Pm....at least here in Portugal...I will see!

tha´s mine new nickname..

As a newer boater this might be kinda amateurish for you guys but I've only had to use this once and it worked great... In the even of a downed (sunk) boat I have a small bobber tucked in under the cowl, with the cowl tied into the boat frame.... In the event of a crash the cowl stays with the boat no matter what.... and if it sinks the bobber goes up, I know exactly where my boat is. I've only had to use this once and that was awhile ago on my mini v (I run on a deep lake so if my boats go down... I'm screwed).

I sunk a $1600.00 boat because of inadiquit floatation. It was under 25 min. and i could not find it. I was using my ice chest as a float and would rest then go under, repeated untill I found my hatch. I was looking in circles not realizing the Mean Machine actually turned into a sub-marine and was powering its self under water in the general area that it went down. I wish my friend had been videoing to catch what happend next......It surfaced and made a sharp right at me....into my arms
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    --Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by gerardobrandao View Post

The problem is that i´m "one" of the 2 bosses....Mine responsabilty doesn´t end at 6Pm....at least here in Portugal...I will see!

tha´s mine new nickname..

Haha, yeah same with me. Hard to get away, but sometimes you have to.

TG

Quote Originally Posted by RaceMechaniX View Post
    Yes Indeed. So just tell your boss you are going to LA for some mechanical engineering project reconnasaince. Send them my business card, make up a little story and next thing you know you are here shooting to break the 111 mph mark.

Simple right?

sent you an email too
    I live close to the airport in L.A. Complementary "limo" service will be provided !
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Gerardo, eu tambem posso ajudar, eu moro a 30 minutos do Legg Lake... fala para o teu socio que vc vai ampliar o negocio e vai a America achar clientes... ou so diz que voce vai passar uns dias aqui
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by Ub Hauled View Post
    Gerardo, eu tambem posso ajudar, eu moro a 30 minutos do Legg Lake... fala para o teu socio que vc vai ampliar o negocio e vai a America achar clientes... ou so diz que voce vai passar uns dias aqui
    Show Off !!
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

LMAO... ...
    there is german and spanish as well... LOL
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

I learned the weakness of the Phil Thomas hatch as well. It is now taped, and has 5 screw nuts with washers incerted into the cowl ,reinforced with fiberglass and carbon fiber and spray foamed aswell. I have had the nuts go right through the hatch during impact but no more with this set up. I also learned to positivly atatch all parts in the boat including the batterys. They are straped down with 3 straps each and velcroed on the bottom. Anything that comes loose at 80mph becomes a missle in the hull.

Gary could you pm me pics of your modified hatch? Or maybe post some in your PT thread. I've got a PT ss45 also and would like to see what you have done.
    Catching Air!

I am going to try some speed runs with the guys at work tomorrow at lunch time if there is no wind so mabe i can video the boat up close on some details. I will see what i can do for you. What is your combination and how fast are you looking to go?

Thanks bud. Gonna shoot you a pm.
    Catching Air!

first off that is a great running boat, i am glad to read you found it and stuff is still working, i cant imagine how you felt with the money invested, i almost lost a boat i was running my bby om 26 that i just finished it everything was going fine for a split second i could not see the boat because of some tall weeds and the boat never appeared on the other side, it was like the bermuda triangle, i waited , went back to the house and blew up my raft it was getting dark grabbed a flash light, could not find it, went to walmart that night got a steel rake then made a long extension so i could scrape the bottom of the lake the next day. got up early and when i arrived i noticed a very small yellow triangle floating on the water a 100 feet out and there it was, only fried an rc-hydros esc

well thats my story, looks like i had enough flotation that time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12