Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Kitty! Stop bouncing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Hey Darin you think my rx antenna is out of the hull far enough? You know how short the antenna on the sr's are.
    The boats I have SR's in still have the RX mounted up under the deck where the antenna exists to get it as far up as possible. Just needs to not be shielded by any major portion of the hull and it should work. I've NEVER had an RX issue with these in boats. Others have.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

I use this stuff, it has saved a tactic rx and a esc:
    Same stuff I use bro!
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    The boats I have SR's in still have the RX mounted up under the deck where the antenna exists to get it as far up as possible. Just needs to not be shielded by any major portion of the hull and it should work. I've NEVER had an RX issue with these in boats. Others have.
    Thank you for the details. It's as high as it can go, I made a different mount for it to get it as close to the antenna hole is it could.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    Same stuff I use bro!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Default Mg help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by igottalongone View Post
    Thanks Boomer...
    I'm running 45C 5000mah 2S Hyperion packs, the 642 I'm running is thinnned and cupped...
    Im running a s/b x642 and 2 7.4v 2s 45c 5400 mahOrion Carbon batteries and its not even close to running that fast. The motor is not as high pitched as in the video. I programmed it using the card even on high timing and it isnt even close to being that fast.

When i programmed it i followed the instructions, it beeped i plugged the servo lead back in and no throttle but steering only. In order for the throttle to work, i must turn off the boat, disconnect the batteries and turn it all back on and it all works.

What am i doing wrong? And one other thing, everytime i turn on the boat it beeps once, then sometimes it it beeps 2x4 beeps, not 1 beep and 5 after. I just contacted Horizon and there sending out a new esc. Can anyone help me please? Im so disappointed!!!
    Last edited by shotimes95; 09-29-2010 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shotimes95 View Post
    Im running a s/b x642 and 2 7.4v 2s 45c Orion Carbon batteries and its not even close to running that fast. The motor is not as high pitched as in the video. I programmed it using the card even on high timing and it isnt even close to being that fast.

When i programmed it i followed the instructions, it beeped i plugged the servo lead back in and no throttle but steering only. In order for the throttle to work, i must turn off the boat, disconnect the batteries and turn it all back on and it all works.

What am i doing wrong? And one other thing, everytime i turn on the boat it beeps once, then sometimes it it beeps 2x4 beeps, not 1 beep and 5 after. I just contacted Horizon and there sending out a new esc. Can anyone help me please? Im so disappointed!!!
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=18337
    After you program and it beeps you have to disconnect the batteries before you plug it directly into the rx. You shouldn't just go from the program box directly to the rx while the power is still on. That's how I don it and it works for me. I ran 36mph on 4s and 46mph on 5s without changing anything other than the prop.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

i gottalongones you tube video shows it running on 2s 5000mah and he says hes getting 46mph... is that true?

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=18337
    After you program and it beeps you have to disconnect the batteries before you plug it directly into the rx. You shouldn't just go from the program box directly to the rx while the power is still on. That's how I don it and it works for me. I ran 36mph on 4s and 46mph on 5s without changing anything other than the prop.
    I just programmed it as u stated and it after programming, initially turning the boat back on, i get the initial beep, then followed by 5x2 beeps. Any ideas?

Thanks

I just programmed it as u stated and it after programming, initially turning the boat back on, i get the initial beep, then followed by 5x2 beeps. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Did you read the link I posted about the beeps? Your not by accident plugging the lead into the rx upside down. I did that before with a SV and it just would constantly beep at me lol
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Did you read the link I posted about the beeps? Your not by accident plugging the lead into the rx upside down. I did that before with a SV and it just would constantly beep at me lol
    Nope its in the right way. It beeps only 5 double beeps then stops and seems to work ok but im unsure...

Nope its in the right way. It beeps only 5 double beeps then stops and seems to work ok but im unsure...
    If it works then its fine. If something was wrong it wouldn't work. Just my thoughts.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

its just slower than my fastech... and it doesnt seem right

its just slower than my fastech... and it doesnt seem right
    Is your throttle curve set to "LINEAR" and not "LOGARITHM"?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Is your throttle curve set to "LINEAR" and not "LOGARITHM"?
    lipo
    high cutoff
    slowdown
    brake off
    timing high
    linear curve

I read logarithm only goes 80% throttle

lipo
    high cutoff
    slowdown
    brake off
    timing high
    linear curve

I read logarithm only goes 80% throttle
    Yea it does, that's why I was asking.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Yea it does, that's why I was asking.
    it just must be a bad esc... No other reasoning. Clarification, program using card, esc beeps, disconnect batteries or turn off boat then disconnect batteries. then reconnect rx plug?

I see alot written about the MG "bouncing" most times it's just a set-up issue...
    Take your hull, loaded with packs. canopy, etc, etc and see where your CG is... Your "sweet spot" is 9" forward from the transom. That's 9" from the back of the boat, not the hardware. If your boat balances, your stylin, my guess is it ain't even close! I had to build up longer battery trays, almost to the transom to move my packs back.. Once you get it to balance, make sure the top of your strut is flat, level and flush with the top of the mount, same with the rudder. See how it run's, if your bouncing play with the strut angle, but,, do not give the stut positive angle to force the nose down, this will cause bouncing! Do just the opposite, lift the nose a little and air your kitty out... The hull wants to fly, thats what they do best... Once she's running good wide open (close... but not too close to blowing over), you can do tiny adjustments with weight, TINY adjustments...
    C-Ya at the Lake!
    ~~~~~~~***-
    Ron
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqY7NHhfPrs
    The motor sounds like its running on 5s not 4s. Is that true cause my boat is not as fast! Im running the same exact setup...

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Hey Ron,
    Very good stuff! I am going to put your intel to work on my MG right away. It appears you were running running a X642, like to know the batteries you were running.

Darin
    I am very happy with my MG. I started out with 2s 5000 30c lipos, stock prop. When ever I get my replacement flex shaft, I like to try out another prop or two. Ron was running a x642 which appeared to be a good choice, any other suggestions?

One of the first things I checked was the bottom of my boat, sure enough there are concavities on the ride pads. We used to call that a "hook" back in the day, mostly because we couldn't spell "concavity. Anyway it is not too bad and not to hard to correct. Proboat has no touch up paint. I suggested to the tech support group last week it would be a good to have some to sell to us. Could be a good source of new revenue to boot. This a popular color in the safety business, but I have not found an exact match yet.

I will be interested to see how blackcat26 runs with flat pads! I have to say my first laps on my MG were pretty darn good. I put my batteries a bit forwar of the BP as it was a bit windy, and not knowing the boat, I opted for safety. It wasn't bow heavy really. I am going to try Ron's suggestions, the video was pretty telling that whatever he had done, was working.

I was surprised at the small rooster tail on his boat. Interesting. No matter the development team did a great job on this one! Thank you.

I am in contact with a number RC FE guys and they are all either ordering one or seriously consider it. My guess is will be a winner for Proboat.

Ok here is one last question. How about trim tabs on cats in general and specifically on Miss G? I attached a few pictures of some RC boat trim tabs. I like the long ones best. Your thoughts are invited.

Thank you.
    Boomer
    I can match the paint... Im a paint and body engineer and have the ability to get the color matched using simply put, a camera attached to a paint system computer that can mix it to its closest match. But its automotive basecoat/clearcoat. Im going to repaint mine after straightening out the bottom and going to clear over the decals and block it smooth so u cant feel em, and some other personal touches. Im using the original color, once i get it, using mirror, not metallic, in the mid coat before the clear.

I dont think it took the programming. Checked my lipos and there all at 6.9v which is not good. What u think?

just got back from the lake...couldnt run stiletto as water had a small chop so mg got a shot....was just a bit too choppy for mg also but had to try the new set up....642 just back for chuck that could cut bread) no noticable bounce with the strut down and new prop with batteries back about 2/3 way on trays.....no heat problem ....just a fast little boat i love it ......

quick question ....i have the program card but dont think i did it right as i didnt disconect the batteries if i was supposed to.....it only beeps one time five times in a row.....if linier is seclected is it suposed to beep 2 times five times in a row?
    Last edited by ron1950; 10-02-2010 at 12:34 PM.
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

@ shotimes95
    Got your CG right? Got a good quality/tuned prop? How much time did you spend on the pads/hull? How much work did you do cleaning up the strut, rudder and bracket? RU running low? cause low is slow... My boat has a higher pitch because my prop is turning much faster than yours, but not because I'm running more volts than you... If you expect to see extreme performance from your RTR, your going to need to learn about RC boats... Your not going to take your RTR out of the box and compete with me, or anyone who has done the homework.. How much grease you apply to your cable can gain or lose you 1/4mph... People spend alot of time learning to tweek hulls/props/hardware... That's why places like OSE are a God send to newbies, it's a wealth of info... Search threads, soak it all in, but don't take any of it as gospel... read/read/read...
    I run a 35 year old hobby shop (RC Hobbies in Waterford Michigan) so, I have a few years head start on you...
    All the info you need is on the OSE site, you just need to do the homework...
    C-Ya on the Lake...
    ~~~~~~~***-

chill dude......whats your problem

@ron1950
    Is your comment "chill dude.... whats your problem" directed at me?

sure is....writeing doesent reflect sentament well, u may not be lecturing us all, but only saying read ..do your homework etc .....but i cant read that in your comments,,i took it as a lecture from a old fart that owns a hobby shop so he knows more that the rest of us....i am probbly wrong but i cant see that in your writing......i dont care how long u have been in the buisness....take a vacation to mississippi and we can go run the boats and u can show me how much faster your boat is then mine....oh ya ..i dont care if u got a long one either....why dont we just drop this and get back to the thread subject

He actually explained how he achieved the speeds he claims, somewhere....
    Nortavlag Bulc

@ron1950
    You are right about 1 thing... I am old as hell... I turned 44 this past month : (
    If you re-read my post, you'll notice it was addressed Directly to "shotimes95" In one of his post he asked if my claimed gps reading was "true" in a later post he asked if I was being truthfull about the number of cells I was using... I was only expressing to "shotime95" that there is far more than meets the eye when is comes to fast RC boats.. That there is a TON to learn if you want to go faster than the next guy.. I'm sorry you felt lectured, but I don't understand why, since I was speaking to someone else... I don't lie or exagerate about the equipment I use or how it performs... When your good, you don't need to lie... RC Hobbies had some of the fastest 90 riggers in the world when we were big into racing, now I'm getting the company into fast electrics... So watch your water down there in mississippi, and yer girl's ; )

UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

Today I run my MG.

stock 1500KV motor
    stock 45A ESC
    OSE upgrade flex cable
    Octura x642 prop
    2xProTek 2S5000mAh 40C Li-Poly battery (hard case)
    #I replaced stock Deans connector with XT60.

My club fellow Sadatoshi took a short vid the first run, 0:00 to 1:30 of the following:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeVBt8YM7b8

Full version of the first run:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9NPpItInog

For keeping the CG at 230mm, it needs to install the batteries slightly afterward, so I glued two 40mm x 200mm x 1.6mm ply sheets with Velcro to the original battery trays.

My MG showed porpoising and it would be better to lower the strut slightly.

cvlex
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cvlex; 10-03-2010 at 08:48 AM.
    AQ Mini Rio (BL upgraded), Reef Racer 2(BL upgraded), PB Impulse 31, Miss Geico 29BL w. OSE upgrade flex cable and x642, ShockWave 26BL w. JETI Advance 50 Navy and x435, Tenshock Mini Eco, Starship (AKA Mini-Y)

@ron1950
    You are right about 1 thing... I am old as hell... I turned 44 this past month : (
    I remember being 44 ...

I think.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

i got underware that old....wish i was 44 again .......

hey cvlex i have the same set up as yours ...same prop and battery location and with strut down just to the top of the strut level with support bar and it took out all the bounce.....i think u will have a lot of fun after bounce is out...
    Last edited by ron1950; 10-03-2010 at 06:46 PM.

Default come on down

[QUOTE=igottalongone; getting the company into fast electrics... So watch your water down there in mississippi, and yer girl's ; )[/QUOTE]

just about all the raceing down here is gas except for 4 or 5 of us...come on down.....the girls are on there own lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast