Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad Kitty! Stop bouncing!!!

So, to run a 2s and 3s pack, you need the batteries to be the same mah and c rating, plus disable the BEC?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
    Mr. D (Diesel6401)
    What is a good price for a x642 prop? Do they all have the same shaft size, or do you have to specify the shaft size? Last one, suggestion on where to buy a x642 to fit Miss G?
    (New guy questions. Sorry)

I really enjoyed your videos. In particular the Crash 1 vid. Your boats all seem to be exceptionally fast, so I am wondering if the reason or one reason, for all the flips might be due, at least in part, to your boats running on the "bleeding edge" of the hulls capability? I am sure wind and water conditions are major factors, but the Genesis flip was curious. I was not able to detect any obvious reasons for the boat's "short flight". I have seen other vids of this boat where they looked to be very stable at high speeds. They did show a propensity for torque lift or pitch.

Since I will have mine next week, I would be very interested in your thoughts on correcting torque lift on this boat. My Miss G doesn't exhibit this trait, maybe ever so slightly, but not much.

Don't want to high jack the thread, perhaps you could respond via PM, so as not to disturb the continuity of the thread. Great stuff
    Boomer
    You have a PM
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by tman52804 View Post
    So, to run a 2s and 3s pack, you need the batteries to be the same mah and c rating, plus disable the BEC?
    Bingo, I try to use the same brand as well. And try and make sure the packs are around the same number of cycles.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

What brand packs do you typically run?

What brand packs do you typically run?
    Turnigy & zippy packs from hobbycity.com

I also have a pair of 4000mah 25c tenergy packs that I really like because their so small compared to the turnigy/zippy packs. Also nice thing about the turnigy packs is you can buy them at amazon.com and quick shipping and they are nicely priced. The tenergy packs I have are on sale for $39.99ea at amazon right now. For a vid in action I used them in my h&m because of their size. Check my H&m no step video in my signature,
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

cool thing about diesels crash vid is only diesel survived the boat drivers involved had to be put away lol

Default Batteries

I am running a pair of 2s 5000 30c GForce that were $33.00 each + shipping and sales tax the same place has GForce 30C 4000mAh 2S 7.4V LiPO •146mm X 50mm X 15mm, 230 grams •30C discharge @ $27.50 each

Are the ones you are buying 2 cells, or 4 cells. I can't tell?
    The place I got my batteries from is near Chicago. valuehobby.com

Thanks for all your help
    Boomer

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    cool thing about diesels crash vid is only diesel survived the boat drivers involved had to be put away lol
    Nobody seen nothin' lol

I am running a pair of 2s 5000 30c GForce that were $33.00 each + shipping and sales tax the same place has GForce 30C 4000mAh 2S 7.4V LiPO •146mm X 50mm X 15mm, 230 grams •30C discharge @ $27.50 each

Thanks for all your help
    Boomer
    I have 2s, 3s & 4s packs. In the geico I run 2s+ 2s or 2s + 3s. All my set-ups at this time are 4s or 5s set-ups I haven't moved higher up the food chain just yet.
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 09-15-2010 at 11:29 PM.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

That's not a bad price, are the Gforce batteries holding up good?

Thanks for all your help
    Boomer

i bought a set of gforce and they were good at first...but i only had them for about 3 months at the most and they have definetly got slower....and last weekend i had a cell go bad so now im trying to decide between more cheapos or some expensive ones.

So far, I've had good luck with Venom lipos.

Hyperion!!!!!!

Default GForce - Holding up? Too soon to tell

Guys
    I haven't had the batteries long enough to make any kind of a judgement. They were priced right and were recommended by a knowledgeable RC buddy. That is the extent of it.
    Time will tell. I have to buy more batteries for my Genesis, and the EKOS I just purchased, so I am open for good suggestions and any ideas on the best place to get um.
    There are so many different brands, and places to buy them, to a newbie it can be a little confusing.
    The batteries I listed above look good, and took a charge with no issues, so far so good.
    Boomer

Well made some battery extension trays and also added a small rx mount to the tray. I switched my rx over to a sr3300t, which I water-proofed and installed the telemetry heat sensor to my esc. Only thing that sucks is with the short wire on the rx the antenna is only about an inch out of the hull. I was able to walk about 20yards away on a radio check and it still worked so I hope i get enough range out of it. I still need to change the flex cable back over to the stock replacment I have. I have a hyperformence one in their now, but it's my backup emergency cable so no need to use it. I also need to drop the strut.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Did you make new trays or just move your old ones I thought I'd use some floatation material to fit the battery into and leave the trays in place. Not sure yet. What everyone else doing ?
    MY RETIREMENT PLAN?????.....POWERBALL
    74 vintage kirby clasic hydro, pursuit mono, mg, 47'' mono, popeye hydro...

Default Servo mounting brackets - cowl locks

Dale
    I just ordered some aluminum servo mounting brackets/frames, and some aluminum push locking type cowl locks. I originally thought of these for my Genesis, because it has no latching devise built into it, but thought hey, if the magnets on the Miss G didn't hold in flip, it wouldn't be good, so I ordered them for both boats.

I think I saw the cowl locks on one of the guys Genesis on a Youtube video. I started a search for them and found them both on E-bay.
    Boomer
    Last edited by Boomer; 09-25-2010 at 10:52 PM. Reason: typo

Did you make new trays or just move your old ones I thought I'd use some floatation material to fit the battery into and leave the trays in place. Not sure yet. What everyone else doing ?
    I left the original trays in place and made extenders that butt up against the stock ones and just made them a little longer and the I tacked them in place with ca glue in all 4 corners with a shot of ca accelerator then I used some 2 part epoxy on them to keep them in place for a long time. Came out pretty good I think.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Dale
    I just ordered some aluminum servo mounting brackets/frames, and some aluminum push locking type cowl locks. I originally thought of these for my Genesis, because it has no latching devise built into it, but thought hey, if the magnets on the Miss G didn't hold in flip, it wouldn't be good, so I ordered them for both boats.

I think I saw the cowl locks on one of the guys Genesis on a Youtube video. I started a search for them and found them both on E-bay.
    Boomer
    Yea i've seen those cowl locks on a few boats they look cool as hell. That servo mount looks bada$$ as well.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

With some prop testing on miss-g , i found running a M445 prop took the bounce out of the hull with the batteries in there standard position .... I should add im running a 1515/1y cc/neu
    Last edited by scoota; 09-26-2010 at 07:37 AM.
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

thanks scoota now i have to put out another 50 bucks for a worked over m445 lol

thanks scoota now i have to put out another 50 bucks for a worked over m445 lol
    Or you could sit for hours on end working / sharpening & balancing a 14 buck M445 like i do LOL
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

naa ill let you spend countless hours working/ sharpening and balancing a m445 for me lol

just ran the mg for the first time....wow.....seems much faster then the stiletto but may just be the excitment talking......haD stilletto prop on it......i had the bateries about 2/3 of the way back in the trays but didnt lower the strut...just wanted a base line to go from.....hoped like a bunnie lol but was really fun to run on glass water.....at about 2/3 throttle......did the 5 min lowering of the strut and got the rudder back stright( looks as if i tapped something with rudder)...ready for the next run tomorrow if i can get up that early...retirement is tough i tell ya!

Ok some more pics. You can see the telemetry heat sensor wrapped around the caps on the esc. I choose the esc over the motor although I could quickly move the heat sensor over to the motor if I chose. I tried to wire 2 heat sensors into the 1 telemetry port using a "y" harness but that didn't work to good. The temp jumped up about 30 degrees with both hooked up then when I would disconnect 1 it would red room temperature. It was worth a shot I guess. Here's the issue I had with the super short antenna on the sr3300t rx, 2" out of the hull is the highest I could get it. I hope it's enough. Radio check was good for about 20yds.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

What did you do to waterproof that RX?

I thought darin said the rx was already waterproofed

No, not the telementry receiver that diesel put in his boat.

Only the MR-series are "water resistant"... The SR series aren't...
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

What did you do to waterproof that RX?
    No, not the telementry receiver that diesel put in his boat.
    I use this stuff, it has saved a tactic rx and a esc:
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 09-29-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Only the MR-series are "water resistant"... The SR series aren't...
    Hey Darin you think my rx antenna is out of the hull far enough? You know how short the antenna on the sr's are.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast