Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bad Kitty! Stop bouncing!!!

Andy! The ESC Guru!!!
    I'm a huge fan of your work...
    I hoard your ESC's like a Squirrel hoards nuts....
    I run them on everything from "Spot", my retieval boat, to an "ole skool" Graupner Systems Cat running a worked over Graupner Ultra 1600...
    I love punnishing my buddies with 80's technolgy, lol!
    Your work is that of Legend, Congrats...
    C-Ya on the Lake....
    ~~~~~~***-
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by ron1950 View Post
    i got underware that old....wish i was 44 again .......

hey cvlex i have the same set up as yours ...same prop and battery location and with strut down just to the top of the strut level with support bar and it took out all the bounce.....i think u will have a lot of fun after bounce is out...
    Hi Ron1950,

Thank you so much for your help.
    I wish to adjust the strut.

Thanks again,

cvlex
    AQ Mini Rio (BL upgraded), Reef Racer 2(BL upgraded), PB Impulse 31, Miss Geico 29BL w. OSE upgrade flex cable and x642, ShockWave 26BL w. JETI Advance 50 Navy and x435, Tenshock Mini Eco, Starship (AKA Mini-Y)

Quote Originally Posted by igottalongone View Post
    Andy! The ESC Guru!!!
    I'm a huge fan of your work...
    I hoard your ESC's like a Squirrel hoards nuts....
    I run them on everything from "Spot", my retieval boat, to an "ole skool" Graupner Systems Cat running a worked over Graupner Ultra 1600...
    I love punnishing my buddies with 80's technolgy, lol!
    Your work is that of Legend, Congrats...
    C-Ya on the Lake....
    ~~~~~~***-
    Ron
    Glad to be of service. I still have a few left if you ever need any.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Well, I took my Cat out today and NO MORE BOUNCING! all gone! I offset the rudder to the right hand side using Octura offset rudder mounts ( two of them, one for each bolt ) moved the rudder arm to the other side and everything fit Great! Cut a piece of plastic to take up the thickness of the original rudder mount so when you tighten the screws for the Octura standoffs you do not collapse the strut brackets. The only thing I had to do was to slot the holes for the rudder arm. The cat runs much better! faster in the corners and also in the straights! You have to do this! It is worth it for the extra speed you get!

Quote Originally Posted by 7500RPM View Post
    Well, I took my Cat out today and NO MORE BOUNCING! all gone! I offset the rudder to the right hand side using Octura offset rudder mounts ( two of them, one for each bolt ) moved the rudder arm to the other side and everything fit Great! Cut a piece of plastic to take up the thickness of the original rudder mount so when you tighten the screws for the Octura standoffs you do not collapse the strut brackets. The only thing I had to do was to slot the holes for the rudder arm. The cat runs much better! faster in the corners and also in the straights! You have to do this! It is worth it for the extra speed you get!
    Any pictures??
    Nortavlag Bulc

I did the same thing today... Definitely the way to go. Takes a little more steering input to make left hand turns, but still turns on a dime, and carries lots of speed in the turns. SIMPLE to make happen too.

My next experiment is going to be adding a second rudder on the left... same mounting idea as how I did it in my Raceprep thread, but using all-thread all the way through instead of bolts.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Dual rudders huh? Neat!
    Nortavlag Bulc

So did the bouncing stop for you also Darin? Btw, I finally got to see an mg in person today. You should be proud! Awesome boat.
    Catching Air!

I will get some pictures for tomorrow, it's the Cat's @ss.
    Darin, not sure about the dual rudders as mine turns Great both ways, could be the difference in offset you used compaired to the Octura mounts,

Darin, not sure about the dual rudders as mine turns Great both ways, could be the difference in offset you used compaired to the Octura mounts,
    Perhaps... mine turns great both ways too, but takes more input to turn to the left. Might be something that can be dialed up using the radios expo or travel/steering rate adjustments...

Dual rudders.... maybe... but only because it would look cool. If they slow me down, they're gone!

I am, however, gathering the pieces to do one with DUAL OUTBOARDS!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

At the second run, we heard some hard snap and my MG suddenly stopped. The electric motor still worked but did not bring thrust to the boat at all.

Our club fellow Sadatoshi retrieved her with his RC tugboat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFlK8HzMWuI

I checked my MG. The flex cable was came off from the coupler and the strut was moved upward about 5mm.

It may be inferred from these fact that the prop might hit something under the water, a fish, a turtle or ???, and the flex cable was pulled out.

cvlex
    Last edited by cvlex; 10-04-2010 at 07:48 AM.
    AQ Mini Rio (BL upgraded), Reef Racer 2(BL upgraded), PB Impulse 31, Miss Geico 29BL w. OSE upgrade flex cable and x642, ShockWave 26BL w. JETI Advance 50 Navy and x435, Tenshock Mini Eco, Starship (AKA Mini-Y)

I had a proboat replacement flex cable snap on me this weekend. Don't know why, but it twisted off about 1/8" about the solder joint.

How long are the Octura offset rudder mounts?
    Last edited by tman52804; 10-04-2010 at 10:00 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234