Thread: BJ Flex cable size

Default BJ Flex cable size

What size is the flex cable on this thing? Im gonna order some hardware from a club member of mine to install and he needs to know!!!!! Thanks!!!

(PS - I Think it's .150)
    Fast Electric and Fast Ford's / V8 Mustang Enthusiast

I just put in a .150 kit from octura for $8.50...sweet
    Samuel Johnson - “An injustice anywhere is an injustice everywhere.” William Cooper "listen to everything, read everything, and believe nothing unless you can prove it in your own research!"

I am assuming that with a new flex cable, the cable has to be cut to length. Is there anything special I need to know about doing that, or am I wrong?
    I want to put a strut and rudder stet up on mine with a full cable so I can get rid of the universal setup.

I use a separating disk fitted to a dremel tool. Smooth the edges gently with fine sand paper. Melt solder circumferentially onto the terminal 1/2" where it enters the coupler. You may have to file off the extra solder to ensure a passive cable fit into the coupler.

If you're deviating from the stock Hardware, Get rid of the Turn fins. I recommend the Speedmaster 0.21 Round Bottom Strut and Hydro Rudder with 1.5" length. I have this set up in a Mean Machine and the boat runs bone dry.

I would'nt ditch the fins....I wish I would have left them on. The boat turns like crap without them. IMO from seeing other people vid's and seeing my own run. I say leave them on! This is not a mean machine....Although I wish it was...

Chris are you still running the stock drive or have you upgraded?

I have partially installed the Mach5 6-12 cell cat hardware (It' OK)...But i have not ran it....I still have to fill some holes and ajust some things.

I'll take some pics sooner or later....with the cold weather I have not been much into the boat latley....or RC for that matter...

where can I get some more info on the Mach 5 hardware? What is the cost on it?