Thread: swordfish 240hv users

Default swordfish 240hv users

I bought the program box, figured it out, set to auto lvc it will beep 10 times , running 10-s so I guess that means 10 cells . when I hit throttle nothing, hit brake it starts and revs to the moon, I switched servo (reverse) via transmitter still does the same thing will not shutdown, thank goodness for that little switch . help please I want to go out and play today joe

ok I went back printed up the sequence, restored esc to default settings, tried transmitter calibration hooked it all back up, motor does not run all I get is different tones ...... this is crazy, at least with castle I could call tech hotline. I know its a holiday, maybe no hv240 users on today. this is supposed to be enjoyable.NOT

Try holding full forward throttle, then plugging in. Hold throttle thru the first seies of beeps, the let off to neutral.

I know my 120 would not work right until I turned the throttle trim all the way to the clockwise position (Tactic Radio).
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

ok so we might be getting somewhere here, now the motor revs and slows down but only by forward motion of throttle== brake

What radio are you using?

Douggie

futaba 3pk 2.4 module 603fs reciever

I do not own that ESC but this sounds like a program problem...remove all auto settings and see what happens.

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by boatinjoe View Post
    ok so we might be getting somewhere here, now the motor revs and slows down but only by forward motion of throttle== brake
    Now try adjusting the throttle trim until it stops when trigger is in neutral. Leave the trigger in neutral if the motor slowly turns keep adjusting trim til it stops. Your radio should save the position I know my spektrum does.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

the only real auto setting it has is lvc, and its not beeping twice then counting/beeping 10 times anymore. I will try thanks

I know it took me a while to get my 120 to play nice. After that it was fine.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Also set all your radio trims to their default positions, and then reprogram the ESC
    Douggie

I took out braking, also known as boat mode, nothing then removed 3wire form esc and hooked up a servo , and I do have throttle. servo works fine ,so power is being sent to esc , I did fail to mention that I am using a littlescreamer , what next

well still no luck, my brain is frazzeled over this, gonna sleep on it ,try my scorpion 5035 on it tommorrow and see if its the motor or what. I will say this when it ran was pretty impressive

I managed to set mine in the following way with Futaba 2PL
    a) transmitter, throttle REV, trim B 25,
    b) esc, switch OFF, connect main battery and rx bat, hold full throttle then switch on the esc ON
    c) while the 4 beeps sound, move throttle to neutral

it should work. to check again, turn the esc off and then on with the throttle in neutral
    Last edited by DISAR; 09-08-2010 at 04:48 AM.
    Twin Cat 135, Sprintcat40 (single-twin), DF 35", Maritimo, Mean Machine, SV 27
    http://www.rcfastboats.com/

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thankyou disar I did exactly what you said .. now I can compare the two big outrunners, from what I can tell on the bench this littlescreamer might be better. thanks to all that replied with suggestions............

nice thread, thanks for info.
    Nortavlag Bulc

Can I ask a question about this ESC (rather than start another thread)....

why is it that: "OSE recommends not using a external bec and to use a 4AA rx pack or 5cell Nimh rx pack." for this ESC?

I was going to use one of OSE's http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...portbec&cat=72 but then read the above.

Is it because the BEC can only take up to 8s and the ESC can take up to 12s?

Cheers