Thread: Lipo Wiring Question

Default Lipo Wiring Question

I have a question about running 4s2p. I run 4s2p in a couple of my boats using two 4s packs in parallel. One of my boats I can't fit two 4s packs, could I run one 4s pack connected in parallel to two 2s packs wired in series for 4s2p? The 4s and 2s packs would be the same brand, c-rating, mah, etc. Just wondering if this is ok to do, didn't know if the resistance would be more on the 2s side because of the packs and extra wire length to make connections.

I'm asking because I think it would be easier on my packs to run 4s2p instead of 4s1p. The pack get a bit puffed after a run, nothing bad at all and it goes back to normal after it cools.

Thanks
    Kevin
    Rico 29, Sprintcat 34, Insane FE 30 Hydro, 43'' Aeromarine Conquest

Yeah, no problem. The difference in resistance between the 4s pack and the 2-2s packs wouldn't be any more than QC would allow in two given 4s packs in my opinion. That is as long as you are using a decent gauge wire to series them.

You were puffing the packs running them 4s1p, not 4s2p, right?

Yes the pack would puff a bit running 4s1p. I'm not over discharging the packs either, I haven't put more than 4000 mah into a 5500 pack after a run. I usually put 3200-3800 mah back in them and temp are 120s-130s on the pack. I thought running 4s2p would solve the puffing problem, what do you think?

Yeah I've had packs puff up like that from running too little mah. I wouldnt be surprised if your esc runs a little cooler as well. That really heats the caps up when the esc cant get the current it needs.

Thanks for the help