Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Attn: New Geico Owners

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    i think i'll wait for the"Hull only" to be available, then build it myself hehe
    G-Freak has some good cats for sale, hehe
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

this is why I don't order/buy anything that has just been released to the market.

This isn't a holiday weekend for everybody on the planet.

We'll be making good on this. If you can't wait, the drive is standard .150" cable with a 3/16" stub. We wanted to make sure everybody could use standard parts, and it looks like that will pan out for you die-hards.

Details will be out next week.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Looks like OSE is coming to your rescue already! Way to go, Steve!

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...304#post225304

Have fun testing!

Andy

Steve, once again, you are the man!!

This is a minor issue compared to the, first GEN UL1 with the turn fin problem , but we all still brought them !!! i own a few Pro boats & think they are well made , looks like steven flex sales will go thru the roof LOL . Like a few others i like to make my own shafts with the ends Loctited on cause they dont fall off like the solder ones !!!

Good catch !! but i think this wont put me off buying a Geico, just my 2 cents worth
    Last edited by scoota; 09-03-2010 at 11:32 PM.
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

The hull is a beautiful yellow and is a lot better built than the BJ26. I have tons of counter rotation props too......I can still run her either way!!!!
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

For someone that can glue a cable, cut the flex and solder. Its a cheap $10.99 fix.

A regular Octura .150 cable with 3/16" shaft will fit
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...oct-oc150L-24c
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Please let us know... I would like to see how widespread this issue is. Stupid mistake!
    Darin,

The HH technician I talked to tonight was extremely sheepish and felt very bad. I agree that it is a bonehead mistake but on balance it is a very minor thing compared to how awesome the boat is. I will order a new one from Steveo and wait for my stock replacement as well. Heck, if something was going to happen to the boat I would rather have this happen instead of the ESC exploding and marring that beautiful hull!

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    Thanks, man. I really didn't want to intrude where I don't belong, but the Geico has me wondering if I could fit one in my fleet , it looks so promising for a Spec LSO boat! The last time I raced a Cat in LSO was WWIII in AZ and I really sucked - this boat could be a winner, I'm thinking, and I'd love to see how it'll do - methinks very well.

Oh, speaking of intruding, got any vids of that fine Intruder in your avatar ?
    I think it would make a very worthy addition to your naval armada!

yup mine is reversed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Steve, once again, you are the man!!
    Pressing the "LIKE" button....
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

For those of you thinking of installing dual motors, there is going to be a large supply of counter-rotating cables.

I will give all the details of getting replacement parts form ProBoat as soon as they have it all solidified. They are working on it as I type, and the manufacturer is working on getting a supply of replacements.

I was told that the new boats in stock, once the replacement is available, will be packaged with the replacement shaft and instructions/tech note inside the box.

The bad news is that it's likely going to a few weeks at least before they have them ready and here to distribute.

Sign me up, my flex is clockwise instead of counter-clock. I will shot HH a email tomorrow. Looks like this went viral, O well this isn't a major deal for us guys. Maybe new boaters who have no clue, that could be an issue. I had a extra hyperformence cable laying around .150 3/16. It is about 1/8 inch shorter than the stock flex, hopefully it works.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I contacted HH this morning. The person I spoke to wasn't aware of the issue, but they put a flexshaft on order for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Sign me up, my flex is clockwise instead of counter-clock. I will shot HH a email tomorrow. Looks like this went viral, O well this isn't a major deal for us guys. Maybe new boaters who have no clue, that could be an issue. I had a extra hyperformence cable laying around .150 3/16. It is about 1/8 inch shorter than the stock flex, hopefully it works.
    If you have an extra Octura 5mm to .150" coupler laying around, throw that on while you are at it. Has a little longer grip length and should make up for the shorter cable length. Plus, it's just a better coupler....

Quote Originally Posted by tman52804 View Post
    I contacted HH this morning. The person I spoke to wasn't aware of the issue, but they put a flexshaft on order for me.
    Hopefully they were clear that their stock of replacements are all right-hand shafts as well. They need to wait for the new replacements to show up.

If this is the only issue then not too bad but a silly mistake on their part. Sounds like the stub may be a bit longer than an Octura 2.25" If the Octura will work as Steven says then not a problem. If the stubs need to be longer then we can make those as well.

Sucks but worse thigns can happen so hang in there.

What are the specs...total length and stub length only?

Wonder how the 078 wire drive will work in this? Should be easy.

Mine is also backwards.
    Also got from HH

We're pretty sure they're ALL backwards. They put a hold on everything so nothing more will ship wrong.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    If you have an extra Octura 5mm to .150" coupler laying around, throw that on while you are at it. Has a little longer grip length and should make up for the shorter cable length. Plus, it's just a better coupler....
    Actually I think I may have one laying around as well. Thanks.

To add the pictures on the website do this boat no justice. It truly is a awesome looking boat, can't wait to get this thing on the water.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I just picked one up today at my local HS today. WHY DID'NT HH TELL THEM THERE WAS A PROBLEM. I'll fly heli's tomorrow. Next time before I by a new boat I'll go to OSE first. It does look good.

You are assuming they know about the problem. Most likely they don't know yet

Quote Originally Posted by aftermx View Post
    I just picked one up today at my local HS today. WHY DID'NT HH TELL THEM THERE WAS A PROBLEM. I'll fly heli's tomorrow. Next time before I by a new boat I'll go to OSE first. It does look good.
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

I cut down a UL-1 cable, took 10 minutes and works perfect....

Quote Originally Posted by aftermx View Post
    Maybe because it was just found out Friday night.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I just want to thank everyone for the warning and the info on the UL-1 shaft .

Andy,

Any word on when we can expect the new "warrantied" flex shafts?

As of about 9:00 today we didn't have a ship date.

Andy

Andy,

Were you expecting them to ship already this week? That would be a quick turnaround.

I ran into a interesting thing the other day when I was going to remove and change out the motor couple. The set screw had loc-tite on it (good), but was stripped (bad). I tried both metric & stanard keys, but no luck. I even tried some valve grinding compound which we use in aviation to help grip semi-stripped screws planes, but nothing. O well, it's on their good and works so I'll leave it. I will drill it out if I ever want to change it. Just thought I would mention that. All in all I LOVE THIS BOAT!!!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast