Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stiletto First Run w/New Boat

Default Stiletto First Run w/New Boat

Received my new Stiletto yesterday. Assembled everything according to Manual. First Test run on (two) 2s 5300mah 25c hardcase today. My first impression of this boat is FANTASTIC. Drives better than I expected. In stock form runs pretty fast. Boat has alot of potential. It turns in both directions equaly great and it feels like it on rails at speed. I would like to thank Darin for designing such a beautiful boat. I still need to trim and tweak, but out of the box very impressive. My first boat out of the box that didn't break on the first run. Pro Boat got it right!

sounds good to me i agree with ya about the boat looks and all...planning on getting mine on the water today hope i have as good a first run as u had. three of us all got them the same day here in mississippi and they are all waiting for me to test mine first lol.....i havent run a boat in 30 years !....

get some vids up guys

Talking

Just got mine! She's beautiful!

I can't wait to get it wet now!

Are you gonna leave that sticker over the cockpit?

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy
    Uugh!! That would be the first thing I'd pull off!!
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Mine will be painted by the idiot Scotsman and will include decals with the "more go than show prop company" and the "mangled prop company".
    You have to be in the know to understand this epistle.

Douggie

What props are working on this hull. lift, no lift, size etc?? Douggie what is motor KV, esc rating etc

Quote Originally Posted by andym View Post
    What props are working on this hull. lift, no lift, size etc?? Douggie what is motor KV, esc rating etc
    Andy,

Motor is an 1800KV version of the BJ26 motor. More RPM, a little less torque. ESC is a 60A.

Which props are best is still up in the air for me at this point. I'm liking what I saw from and X440/3, that's been backcut slightly and pitched up a little, but I'm still playing with it.

Looking forward to reports of what you guys think work.

MM is the esc under rated,a 1716-10-50/2 round eared and 1.5m back cut. The 440/3 would get out the hole but get run down in the straights?? 1616-10-50/3 with same treatment would be worth a try

MM is the esc under rated,a 1716-10-50/2 round eared and 1.5m back cut. The 440/3 would get out the hole but get run down in the straights?? 1616-10-50/3 with same treatment would be worth a try
    Interesting... I have those props setting on my bench, getting prepped! Can't wait to try them.

Is this hull going to be available without the leg, esc, radio. Something like a pro package steering set up included but add your own esc, leg, motor, radio ??? This would be great as a lot of us would like to try the hull out but do not want the expense of gear we would not use with full on race set ups?? I think this would be a valid and profitable exercise

If the hull does not like a lot of lift I have found rounding the ears with some spoon/cup at the tip with a back cut very beneficial.

Ran my Stileltto today, stock with (2) 2s 5300mah 25c and notice after the run of 4min everything was warm except the deans were real hot. What would cause that? Stock setup.

You just answered your own question "deans" get rid of them, run 5.5mm bullet couplers.

Thanks, I will do that!!!!!!!!!

Is this hull going to be available without the leg, esc, radio. Something like a pro package steering set up included but add your own esc, leg, motor, radio ??? This would be great as a lot of us would like to try the hull out but do not want the expense of gear we would not use with full on race set ups?? I think this would be a valid and profitable exercise
    Typical Aussie moron, there is no radio just an RX..read the specs. I doubt that it will be offered as a hull only, but you never know...the copycats will be all over this hull.

Douggie

Great to see you can lower the class of any thread, rx is part of the radio system last time I thought about it. the Tx does not do much with out one.

And perhaps this will defeat the splashers as well

i beleave the bare hull is available

Hull only: Stiletto

$134.99 [PRB4001]

Great to see you can lower the class of any thread, rx is part of the radio system last time I thought about it. the Tx does not do much with out one.
    Damn it Andy, how many beverages did you consume yesterday my Aussie mate...LOOK AT THE SPECS.

Douggie

After running my new Stiletto, I have found that the throttle between 3/4 and full makes no change to speed. Using a spektum 3S. Does the Throttle Travel need to be at 0 and trim at B25 to get 100% throttle? I'm running with B100%. Batts are new 2s 5300 25c.

Quote Originally Posted by ALD View Post
    After running my new Stiletto, I have found that the throttle between 3/4 and full makes no change to speed. Using a spektum 3S. Does the Throttle Travel need to be at 0 and trim at B25 to get 100% throttle? I'm running with B100%. Batts are new 2s 5300 25c.
    perhaps the manual details 'calibrating the throttle' ?
    Wayne Schutte PhdCSE BaSE BaEE. Australian, & damn proud of it YOUTUBE
    @ 36" H&M Maritmo twin1512/1800 6S1P 88mph @ 40" drag hydro#1 twin 5692 12S1P .....always for fun @

DX3s manual of no help. Pro boat manual states program transmitter or ESC but no info. Ordered Programing card for boat but looking for info on the forum first.

Quote Originally Posted by ALD View Post
    DX3s manual of no help. Pro boat manual states program transmitter or ESC but no info. Ordered Programing card for boat but looking for info on the forum first.
    The throttle might need to be "calibrated" by:
    holding the trigger at full throttle, plugging in the ESC, waiting for the beeps and then releasing the throttle.

Thanks for the info! I'm sure thats the problem.

What sticker?

BTW, I took her to the pond last evening...

...I need a bigger pond now.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post

Andy

New Stilleto-I just love the looks of this boat/quality is excellent. Little programing is all it needs, I think!

I tried calibrating the transmitter. Same 3/4 throttle. I ordered a programing card. Feels like the boat was programed to the Logarithm mode described below? When set to Logarithm mode, the ESC
    delivers 45% power at half throttle and
    80% power at full throttle. The Logarithm
    mode is suggested for first-time boaters.

Question? The hatch attaches with two dowels in the front. After a run when I remove the drain plug some water comes out (not alot but enough) is this normal ?

Can the Stilleto handle a grimracer 42x55 metal prop?

I wonder if you adjust your EPA on your radio to 120% if that would help? If it is how you mentioned, I see that as an error on Proboat's behalf...Most people who have purchased this boat would have experience & proboat are making you purchase a module that would only be used once to change the one setting, the throttle curve.
    Last edited by simo71; 09-06-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Not sure what EPA is on a radio. I have a Dx3s surface radio. I'm thinking adjust the throttle travel to 120%. Correct ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast