Thread: Miss Geico run time

Default Miss Geico run time

I ran my Miss Geico for the first time today with flightmax 5800mah batteries. I got about 7 minutes runtime before hitting lvc. Is this about right?

Quote Originally Posted by kevink View Post
    I ran my Miss Geico for the first time today with flightmax 5800mah batteries. I got about 7 minutes runtime before hitting lvc. Is this about right?
    7 minutes is a VERY long time. Cut your run time down and avoid hitting the LVC. It is not good on the batteries to rely on the lvc every time. Aim for 3-5 minute runs times. Your electronics and batteries will last a longer if you time your runs, monitor your tempertures and always grease the flex shaft every 3-5 runs at a minium. Happy boating.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

sounds like you ran it too long to me unless you like to replace gear or batteries fairly frequently
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Default Runtime

Thanks a bunch guys. I'm learning a lot on this site. Learning that fast electrics are much tougher on electronics and more sensitive to setup than cars or helis. I'm now addicted to RC boats.

Cool

That's around 55 amps average draw, which can create a lot of heat over seven minutes. Get a IR meter and measure the heat of the motor, ESC and cells.

Even if the temperatures are not excessive - over 140F on the cells - hitting a 3 volt LVC is not good for the cells. The 80% rule is a good guideline - use no more than 80% of cell capacity. This means you want to use no more than 4500 mAh to bring the cells back to full charge after a run.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for