Thread: Vid Of P1

Default Vid Of P1

Here is the new vid i took today with the new P1. its running about 42 MPH

Where????

Whoops!
    Sorry, new to this forum stuff. I posted it on you tube. Here is the link.
    I will figure this out sooner or later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NK2-J8m-pg

What kind of set up are you running to get those speeds?

I am all stock except the prop. It's a octura X640. 1 degree of pitch up. My battery is a 4200 mAh 4S, 45C Hyperion. Oh, and I threw a Tactic 2.4 reciever. But I'm pretty sure that's not helping it go any faster! Lol.
    Speed control temped out at 86. Motor was 119 degrees. Battery was about 85 as well. Runs great.

Awesome boat.

Nice! That is the prop that I was planning on trying next. Where did you get the shim for the prop to fit onto the prop shaft?

I bought a piece of 3/16 tubing. Inside diameter is .14 or .014. Can't remember that number. It's the usual stuff at the LHS.
    I also have seen them in the store on this site.
    There is also an adapter that's supposed to fit the cog of the 3/16 props, and thread right on to the 4mm shaft. It's on it's way.

Quote Originally Posted by matthj72 View Post
    Nice! That is the prop that I was planning on trying next. Where did you get the shim for the prop to fit onto the prop shaft?

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=ose-1030
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Here is a short vid of mine on 3s, x442. Steering rate is turned down, but still spins out real easy. Needs a couple of turn fins!

I love the sound of outrunners. Has potential that's for sure, some nice turn fins would def help.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    I love the sound of outrunners. Has potential that's for sure, some nice turn fins would def help.
    It sounds like the stock sv motor to me. Temps were really hot after about 6min. on 3s. Right around 160 degrees with the 442. I'm gonna prop it as small as I can on 4s and hope it runs cooler. Kinda weird, seems to run hotter on 3s than 4??

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    It sounds like the stock sv motor to me. Temps were really hot after about 6min. on 3s. Right around 160 degrees with the 442. I'm gonna prop it as small as I can on 4s and hope it runs cooler. Kinda weird, seems to run hotter on 3s than 4??
    I think it sounds a little better than a SV. Yea that's pretty hot, maybe cut the runtime to 4ms may help. I am sure propping smaller will help.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

That looks awesome, can't wait to get mine. Going to try running it on 2x 2s and I've ordered an octura x640 prop. Anyone got a water jacket for the outrunners yet, if so what size fits? Deffo needs turn fins I think.

Default Venom P1

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    Here is the new vid i took today with the new P1. its running about 42 MPH
    Does the P1 run off of one battery or two? Is your's an outrunner motor or inrunner. I remember old pics of it with the green inrunner.

This has the new outrunner motor. I'm running both, 1 and 2 pack configurations. I have 2 5000mAh 7.4 volt packs at 20C. I also just picked up a 4 cell 14.8 volt 4200 mAh 45C pack. That's where I got the 42. But now after 5 or 6 charges, I'm down to about 39.7 mph. Must have been just the new pack?? Either way it costs about the same. The single pack at 45C is a nicer battery.

This has the new outrunner motor. I'm running both, 1 and 2 pack configurations. I have 2 5000mAh 7.4 volt packs at 20C. I also just picked up a 4 cell 14.8 volt 4200 mAh 45C pack. That's where I got the 42. But now after 5 or 6 charges, I'm down to about 39.7 mph. Must have been just the new pack?? Either way it costs about the same. The single pack at 45C is a nicer battery.
    It's easy to loose or gain 3mph depending on water current. You may have had a nice current when you hit 39.7 a didn't realize it. I've hit 47mph in my SV before, but it averaged 44mph with ul-1 power. It's in the low 50s now with a 7xl, also if your lipos are a little warm prior to your run you can gain some extra mph's that way as well, that's why some racers pre-heat the packs...
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 09-12-2010 at 03:11 PM.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

they look like they handle well
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Default Newbie question

Someone asked you about being able to fit the prop you changed to. What tubing is needed. I'm a newb, I want to get that boat but I am clueless with what props are right for boat. What type and size of tubing to I ask for?

If you use a 3/16 prop, then the 3/16 brass tubing will work as the adapter. I do believe it .14 or .15 in thickness.
    I also used a small price of aluminum as a shim for the rudder strut. It raised it up about a 1/8-1/4 of an inch. I can now use the octura x640, and angle the stut all the way up without hitting. Before my adapter piece, I could only have it a 0 degrees.

I really really like this boat. The setup is sweet.
    Hope this helps.
    I have a thread titled rudder placement question with a pic there. I extended as well as lifting it, the extension was BAD!! Lost 9 mph with it extended. Just need to lift it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcracken View Post
    Someone asked you about being able to fit the prop you changed to. What tubing is needed. I'm a newb, I want to get that boat but I am clueless with what props are right for boat. What type and size of tubing to I ask for?
    READ ME, stock is 4mm so you need to go to 3/16. Read the first part.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet