Thread: Good motor for Velocity Mini Cat

Default Good motor for Velocity Mini Cat

Hey everyone! New to the forum.

I got this boat used and it came with a motor that wasn't suited well for the boat. (I fried it knowing that I shouldn't have even tried running it) I'm looking to get a new motor for it but having a hard time finding any info on what people are running in it. I seen that I can buy the motor new from the manufacturer for $60 but figured there might be more cost effective solutions out there.

Also, what batteries are you guys using? I have a Turnigy 3S 2200 but it's a bit heavy and causes the boat to sit uneven in the water? It was a 30/40C pack. I just got a 20/30C pack which is about an inch shorter. I'm hoping that weight savings will help.

Nuked motor.

Here's a video of how it ran with that motor that was to small and to high of a KV rating.

Mini Cat Test Run

buy the stock motor from minicatracing.com. Boat super fast with it. They also sell all the parts for it.

Don't worry about the boat leaning to the left sitting still. It will level out when running. Putting the battery on the left counteracts the torque roll. It's like that on purpose.

We have the motors in stock. They are 24mm motor, 3000KV. They will make your boat come alive.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com