Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seems "G-Freak" has Freaked Out

That is some funny stuff...

Wow, that is hilarious. The end got well beyond ridiculous. Sounds like a bunch of children run that place.
    Catching Air!

He's 100% on target there! It's not funny - it's sad. It needs to be said. The smallest dealers are the one who are hurt the most by the Asian customer-support-less sellers.

If you guys want to keep good people supporting your hobby, BUY FROM THEM!

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

It would be sad if it had a professional tone. That sounded like a childish rant.
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    He's 100% on target there! It's not funny - it's sad. It needs to be said. The smallest dealers are the one who are hurt the most by the Asian customer-support-less sellers.

If you guys want to keep good people supporting your hobby, BUY FROM THEM!

Andy
    Huh?? Drinking so early

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    It would be sad if it had a professional tone. That sounded like a childish rant.
    I completely agree. And dude needs to find his cap locks button...it's apparently not working.

Man, what was I thinking taking advice from all you forum guys for so long?! I need to get on the phone with Mr GFreak of I want a REAL boat! what a d bag.

Is this guy serious?

He pretty much calls people on forums offering advice out as idiots and no-nothings. Then the next breathe admits they havent won any races- therefore no more credible than their word of boats being "fast".

Are these not the same tools that used a CAR GPS taped to a boat?

lol

The best!

This guy is a stubbie short of a six pack !!!! & what a rip off , Stage 5 ESC whitch is a seaking 180 with his label for $ 199 , 4074 Leopard motors for $179 , how is this guy in business still , ripping people off like he is doing ??? He must pray on all the newbies to the hobby !!!

WE NEVER WON ANY NAMBA RACES ...BUT OUR *!***!***!***!** IS FAST AND PRETTY SO WHO CARES? ~
    Last edited by scoota; 09-01-2010 at 10:42 AM.
    UL1- 1515 castle/neu / 240 swordfish
    SV27- with UL1 running gear
    33 Delta Force - 1521-1.5D/Neu/ 240 swordfish/4S2P

Come on guys. Surely some of you realize how abrasive the internet can be. Even here on Steve's forum where we're supposed to be of like minds most disscusions are reduced to "I don't care what your expereience is, I'm right". Defense of each persons "I'm right" is filled with words you would never say in person.

I'm not defending GF. Don't know them at all. But I gaurantee they've gotten the same BS attitude through emails that gets splattered on here from time to time.....and RR.....and IW....and Jim's....and RCgroups....and Ezone. Everybody knows everything about everything on every forum. All experts. I can only imagine the venom they get.

First off I do not endorse G-Freaks company or have anything to do with them.

But I would like to say this. G-Freak feels their service and time in testing has a value. He places that time and value into his pricing. Consumers have a choice. The world is a big place, I don't see G-Freak holding a gun to peoples heads to buy stuff. If they feel the need to shop there so be it.

There are many companies like this that thrive all over the country.

Some examples.
    I drive Chevy, my buddy drives a Mercedes. Our cars are comparable in size and power, but he paid about 1 1/2 times what I paid for the car. Also I pay $20 for an oil change, he pays close to $100.

I own a Jewelry store. I sell an item for about $900, that Tiffany sells for $1999. The difference is the fancy store they have.
    Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

My buddy let them work on his new boat, against my advice, and ended up having to drive to Orlando twice to have to deal with their BS. I wouldnt even let them build a NQD boat for me. As for the rant someone forgot their meds that day. Most beginners start as I did, buying a RTR at the LHS and then going from there. Beginners don't need 200A setups anyway.

I think we have to see both ends of the "biz" here, I feel for them as people trying to break into an already tough market, there are great stores around, like OSE for one... the Chinese are definitely capitalizing on it cause of the prices only they can offer, which in turn makes it even more difficult for someone to break into the hobby... BUT, acting like a hurt teenager is not going to give them any props (pun intended). They need to suck it up, get down from their pedestal and realize that people will ALWAYS bad mouth something new and different, regardless if it's good or not... just look what happened to Jeff M. and his new P hydro... he is known for making winning hulls and yet people still bashed it.
    G-Freaks, if you are reading this, thicken your skin and be more humble, there are people out there that know, much... MUCH more then you about boats... listen, learned it... maybe then you will be able to have a group of loyal customers. Your attitude is not taking you anywhere.
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Somebody ought to tell the G-Fraud guy's mother that he's trying to use his brain again...

And just remember : Never criticize anyone until you walk a mile in their shoes ; this way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

They could bring on someone with a reputation to help them in some way. Worked for Aquacraft. Proboat finally got some help. Why not GF?

An even better way to shut up the haters is to put it on the pond. Show up at some races. Throw down some hot laps. Go fast, turn right, repeat. Heck, find a driver to do it for ya if need be. Drivers win races more than speed ever will.

Terry, you are right, if you talk the talk, you gotta walk the walk.

Tony, good analogy, don't criticize until you walked in their shoes for a mile...
    :::::::::::::::. It's NEVER fast enough! .:::::::::::::::

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post

And just remember : Never criticize anyone until you walk a mile in their shoes ; this way when you criticize them you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.

Steven Vaccaro

Where Racing on a Budget is a Reality!

I remember some of those early promo vids. They made it sound like their stuff was the fastest, greatest builds, nothing to compare. Best thing since air. There were a buunch of guys on a first name basis with reps from competing companies seeing those vids and thinking "say what?"

Just rubbed people wrong. We've still not seen anything at any event anywhere to back up the claims. That's the ultimate "in your FACE" when you bring out your wares and they do exactly what you said they would.

I'm not sure if this is the forum he's most aggitated by but to say that our boats are slow and ugly? Well, I'll take that challenge any day.

I'll put my slow ugly boats up against their junk any day of the week !!! In fact a guy at the pond runs their stuff. He leaves every week scratching his head wondering how I could possibly beat his GF setups... Here is my KUNG FU and it is strong
    (DF33 1521 1Y SF240 6s Nano 5000 45c)

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the forum he's most aggitated by but to say that our boats are slow and ugly? Well, I'll take that challenge any day.
    G-freak has gotten some bad publicity on OSE but I think its been worse on RC Universe. Either way to earn a reputation one needs to perform in a manner supportive of your cutomer base. That way you let them go to bat for you. Customer satisfaction will win any arguement. Look at FDM. Some say hell no, no way. Others still buy from Chris and like his services. He is still doing something right other wise he couldnt make his bills right?

Tony, you are in a class all by yourself.

John
    Change is the one Constant

I posted in another thread how they stole or "copied" my idea with the Monster 2000ESC.

I had modified mine in the winter and posted pics of it here and there on forums.

So they read forums get good ideas from them and charge for this knowledge that is readily available?

Caveat Emptor

In their videos they say "it's normal for about an ounce or two water to come in the hull".

No it's not. WTH???!!

Yes, we've got choice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Nortavlag Bulc

well that was a good LOL for the day... what a douchenozzle
    Matt.
    FE, Nitro and Gas racing in Auckland
    www.rcboats.co.nz

They seem to be getting a bit better but, would they be this way by now if they didn't get pressure from the forums? I dunno but, $300 for a RTR 32' cat sounds not bad at all.

Of course, its hard to tell exactly what I'm getting for $300??? Their web site is a tad confusing.
    Nortavlag Bulc

I'm looking at buying one of their hydroplanes. If I don't buy it from them, who else sells the hulls?

Read their blog as in the first post up top.

Search the chinese listings as far as i know?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    They could bring on someone with a reputation to help them in some way. Worked for Aquacraft. Proboat finally got some help.
    Really? Who?!?!? Darin?!?!

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

I think people have a right to feel the way they do. However, when you are running a business and make sales, You try to portray a positive sales pitch. This rant on their business site is a definite N0-No! He is scaring away new and potential customers who, prior to this rant had little to no questions. Now they will question his products and services. Do research, and see things that they probably didn't want new or existing customers to see. A business site is no place to unleash your personal beefs. Isn't the primary purpose of a (business) website is to introduce a business and entice new customers? It's a virtual representation of a brick and mortar building and this rant just threw rocks thru the windows...
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

andy these are there rtr and there packed with hobbycity parts probably just dropshipped
    http://www.gfreakracing.com/collecti...plete-packages

Quote Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
    Really? Who?!?!? Darin?!?!

Andy
    looks like all the new guys get bashed at first ... seems like a right of passage.. they are freaking out tho on that blog tho... . if you ask me he is pretty funny tho...

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast