Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Geico Race Prep

Default Miss Geico Race Prep

Yup... got mine tonight!

Pretty exciting. Race prep is going to be pretty easy... Looks to me like it's just going to take some blue-printing of the bottom, which is decent, but, like will ALL composite boats, can be improved upon. Flatten, sharpen, true...

Other than that, looks like a P-Limited Offshore ready race-boat to me!!

Going to run it straight out of the box for the first tests, to get a baseline and see how it does in bone-stock trim. Won't stay that way long, though...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Some shots of the bottom....

I am pretty jealous!!

What a sweet looking cat! Great job Darin!
    Catching Air!

if u had to guess what kinda speeds to you think it will handle before becoming unstable with the hull and layout fairly stock. 60+???
    i build race cars, and play w fast boats, i think the boats are less of a headache
    http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/h...amaro/scc4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by boogeyman View Post
    if u had to guess what kinda speeds to you think it will handle before becoming unstable with the hull and layout fairly stock. 60+???
    I don't know... what do you say we find out!?

My goal in designing this was to make it very raceable in the 45-50mph range, because that's what I think is possible with the P-Limited power system in this hull. Beyond that, I really don't know. I would suspect that it should be stable for awhile, but it's going to have to be tried to know for sure.

I think someone like Jay Turner, if he had one on his bench, would have a better idea.

When I scoop one up I'm gonna make a trip to Texas to have Jay wave his magical fe hands over the hull and perform the hotmbc turn on rails / accelerate like missile blessing he must do to all of his personal boats.
    Catching Air!

im just thinking that since the hull is much larger and has a better design that since people have ran nearly 80 w a bj26 that a larger hull w better design should be able to maintain a stable stance in the water at a fairly good clip.

im planning on picking one up tomorrow if my local hobby shop has one and putting my good power system in it and a m642 prop and see what it acts like on 4s and 6s power
    i build race cars, and play w fast boats, i think the boats are less of a headache
    http://i545.photobucket.com/albums/h...amaro/scc4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by johnf View Post
    When I scoop one up I'm gonna make a trip to Texas to have Jay wave his magical fe hands over the hull and perform the hotmbc turn on rails / accelerate like missile blessing he must do to all of his personal boats.

''Dang'' just bault a used sv now no money bummer,,,,,

The best part about this boat is I'm going to be able to see it all over my lake. I tend to lose my other boats when they're all the way across

Cant wait for someone to do a vid of one,,,better than the Proboat vid...

One more thing that I'm not sure many people have noticed... The Miss Geico comes with a new DIGITAL steering servo!

Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    One more thing that I'm not sure many people have noticed... The Miss Geico comes with a new DIGITAL steering servo!
    Whoa! This boat keeps surprising me!

Just got mine today Darin and I must say you have made me very happy! This is a killer boat for the money for sure. All the upgrades for just $40 more than a BJ26! Great job man.
    FE BOATING: Less like a hobby and more like an addiction!

Darin,

My paint job is alittle light in some areas and the tips of the sponsons are white and not neon green. What paint did they use and can we buy touch up paint?

Quote Originally Posted by tman52804 View Post
    Darin,

My paint job is alittle light in some areas and the tips of the sponsons are white and not neon green. What paint did they use and can we buy touch up paint?

I wish I knew... I didn't have anything to do with that part. I would contact ProBoat or Horizon. Sorry...

My paints fine, but I think I'm going to paint the sponson tips neon Orange, like the real boats sometimes have... just for fun.

Darin,

Are you using the battery trays or removing and setting them lower in the sponsons. I know it was a must to do on the BJ, just curious how this boat is? Thanks.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    Darin,

Are you using the battery trays or removing and setting them lower in the sponsons. I know it was a must to do on the BJ, just curious how this boat is? Thanks.
    This boat will handle great with the batteries up on the trays... It's WAY wider than the BJ, and the geometry isn't anywhere near the same. The trays add rigidity to the hull as well.

I'm planning on trying it straight up and only changing what must be changed to perfect the package for racing. I have a feeling the changes will be minor.

This boat will handle great with the batteries up on the trays... It's WAY wider than the BJ, and the geometry isn't anywhere near the same. The trays add rigidity to the hull as well.

I'm planning on trying it straight up and only changing what must be changed to perfect the package for racing. I have a feeling the changes will be minor.
    Thanks for the info
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

hey i got lucky and found a flex shaft rotating the right direction, so i went and ran it today. but i ran into a different problem. when i turned the boat on and tested the steering, it was weird. it shook around after i let off steering one direction. i tried it for a second and the steering was delayed and sticking for a second when id let off. any ideas on this one??

Looking forward to the setups in this thread..
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Onething I found when checking the direction of my flexshaft is their was not a good amount of grease on the shaft. I also found a couple of the bolts on the hardware mount loose. I really REALLY like how the nuts are inserted into the transom the way they are. Well thought out. I'll start soldering tomorrow, got to replace the deans and the motor/esc connectors with some 5.5's. So pumped to get this thing in the water, just don't want to rush it.

Darin do you feel it neccessary to round the lower leading edge of the rudder? I did this on my SV and it made a world of difference. Not sure the effects it would have on this cat.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Darin do you feel it neccessary to round the lower leading edge of the rudder? I did this on my SV and it made a world of difference. Not sure the effects it would have on this cat.
    Ummmm... well... Not sure it's "necessary", but I do this on all my wedge rudders, and turn fins, for that matter, so feel free if you think it will help. Certainly will assure you don't have unwanted lift at the back of the boat.

Ummmm... well... Not sure it's "necessary", but I do this on all my wedge rudders, and turn fins, for that matter, so feel free if you think it will help. Certainly will assure you don't have unwanted lift at the back of the boat.
    I rounded mine, after the stock run. WOW what a great run. Ran 4s & 5s today.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Great pics diesel. I'm loving this boat!
    Catching Air!

I'm just looking at the pictures again.... man what a sharp looking boat. Proboat really hit a homerun with how clean and scaled down this model looks

Very sharp, glad I got a hull on the way
    Nortavlag Bulc

Yes this boat is truely amazing, and pictures really dont do it justice. I am in the process of setting up the telemetry in this badboy.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I rounded mine, after the stock run. WOW what a great run. Ran 4s & 5s today.
    Was that speed on 5s or 4s?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast