Thread: Miss Geico Race Prep

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default bounce gone......

Miss G was flying today !!!! Love that X642 prop (I think it makes all the difference in battery placement). Just floating on air and air finally got me with a blow out, up, up and away. A wind gust (10 to 15mph today) blew her out and up but she was running just great. All bounce was GONE !!!. Probably in lower 40's but may go with 5s if stock ESC can handle it. Can anyone tell me ?

Some pics of my set up. The rear of the 5000 cased 2s lipos (9.6 ounces,274 grams) right now are 6 1/4" in front of the back of the transom. Just even with the rear of the right battery tray. (left tray is further back). Strut is 3/32 above bracket, level. Rudder bracket is basically flush with top of transom/strut brakets.

Note on the drive strut. I put a straight edge on the rear ride pad (my pads have VERY slight dips or recesses in them so they are really pretty nice and flat, I lucked out I guess) and sight the straight drive shaft. With my strut above the bracket (3/32) the drive shaft is 0 degress up or down inline with the rear ride pad.

I'm still a newbe with all this set up stuff so any comments are welcome but Miss G is working great now.

Stringfly <>+++++
    Attached Images Attached Images