Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: www.mlboatworksrc.com Laser cut race boat kits & accessories

Yeah, That is my boat, it was an outboard tunnel record for IMPBA 2s lipo class. I currently do not hold that record as it was pushed up to 53mph and I have not pursued it. I also hold the P, Q, S, and T with my teammate in Outboard tunnel. So what of it?

7 Current IMPBA Records, 11 IMPBA Records Held
    Current IMPBA N-O/B Tunnel 1/3 mile World Record Holder (Luszcz)
    Current IMPBA P-O/B Tunnel- SAW 68.99mph (Team Loeb/Luszcz)
    Current IMPBA Q-O/B Tunnel- SAW 68.80mph, 1/3 & 1/4 mile World Record Holder (Team Loeb/Luszcz)
    Current IMPBA S-O/B Tunnel- SAW 57.79mph (Team Loeb/Luszcz)
    Current IMPBA T-O/B Tunnel- SAW 67.12mph (Team Loeb/Luszcz)
    IMPBA 70 MPH TUNNEL CLUB, P-O/B tunnel One way pass 71.29mph
    IMPBA 70 MPH TUNNEL CLUB, Q-O/B Tunnel One way pass 72.47mph
    IMPBA 70 MPH TUNNEL CLUB, T-O/B Tunnel One way pass 73.289mph
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Vasek,
    If you wanted the newton plans verbatim, why did you even order a kit that was clearly modified to run properly?
    It is obvious that you were NOT mislead by Mike, rather in your excitement of getting the kit laser cut, you failed to read the details of what you were getting. Remember that an error on YOUR part does not make a fault of someone else, so there is no call for attacking a member of OSE for the sake of YOUR mistake.
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ok, so I am seeing this guy is posting slander everywhere about this kit. Found it in Cyberhoops thread on RC Groups (Thanks for letting me know Jim C.), and on RC Universe. I also just found this from 2007 where he ragged on Roger Newton publicly. This guy has an anger problem obviously.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_67...tm.htm#6787288
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Yet another thread. He obvious HATES Rc, so I wonder why does he even involve himself with it?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_87...m.htm#10906706

Quote Originally Posted by vasek View Post
    Mike, I'm not going to argue with you, because it seems like a waste of my time . I will mention thought that in the definition of "riding surfaces" you would have hard time finding the bottom of a Hydro hull.... now modding riding pads, I would understand. But beyond that...

Also switching offset sides for a scale boat is NOT standard either, you would have a hard time finding "reversed" scale graphics for it.

If you were such an expert as you pretend to be, you would offer a choice of heavily modded/ non modded sets. With the CAD files it would be so easy to do. And yes the batteries are a pain to fit in the original design, but that's what separates the man from the boys in this hobby

I wish you luck with your business, but you won't get any more orders from me or other club members over here.

Oh one more thing, I would love to see that boat in the vid close up & underneath

V.
    Are you for real?????? First off you DO realize that all of the plans that Roger Newton drew up are NOT exact scale duplication of the real boats. Roger, rest his soul, made changes to the plans to make the models work better with the available power when those drawings were made. Second, most of the drawings Roger did are 20 or 30 years old and with the power we now have available if you build to those plans the boat WILL NOT RUN RIGHT!!! Roger's son David along with other EXPERIENCED SCALE RACERS have been working closely with Mike to make the changes to Roger's plans to make the kits perform correctly with today's greatly improved motors. And BTW- "reversed" graphics have been done FOR YEARS because we race in the OPPOSITE DIRECTION from the real boats and mirror image the models to reflect that fact.

Here's a suggestion for YOU- build the boat and RUN it before shooting off your pie hole telling Mike how "wrong" his boats are.
    Last edited by don ferrette; 01-16-2012 at 11:04 AM. Reason: spelling
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Mike, stop screaming left & right. Just post here some pictures & a vid of YOUR RENAULT '83 prototype and I'll eat my words.

I'm sure you have some documentation about your Renault boat doing a 70 m/h run, RIGHT?

Mike is a straight up guy and it isn't his fault you didn't pay attention to what you were buying, couldn't be any clearer that these kits have been modified over the original Newton plans, Big assed disclaimer about it.
    I've built 3 boats from the Newton plans, with todays power as many, many people have pointed out you have to make some changes to the hull if you want it to run well.
    My next one will be one of Mikes kits. I've seen enough video of his designs running to KNOW they run better than 30 year old converted nitro plans.
    Maybe in the future you should actually pay attention to what you are buying instead of trying to blame somebody else for your issues that you yourself caused.
    If you had paid attention you would have realized some kits are offered for both clockwise and counter clockwise running and not in your opinion "wrong"
    I must say in 16 posts you've created quite the name for yourself. Good luck, I think you'll need it!
    You've had some of the best racers around trying to explain why the changes were made to the kits and yet you're convinced you know better. Don't think there is much hope, you have already decided EVERYBODY but you is wrong.
    If my boats upside down then who owns the one I thought I was driving the last two laps?

Great post Siberianhusky, I have met crack heads that make more sence than this guy. He is looking for a free kit is what he is doing. I have seen his type before. He went around on multiple sites badmouthing before even awaiting my email reply. That, to me, proves he is looking for something free. Takes one to ruin the positive things these kits do. What a shame. Mike

I thought it was just me this guy was hassling! This guy is a real piece of work. I think he lives to complain. He orders a set of graphics from me for this boat and is upset because I don't send them out practically the day he orders them. I told him right from the get go that I had to rework some elements and that it was going to take a while. I have a 2-3 week backlog usually anyway and that is without having to stop down and draw for a while. So during the holidays when I and the rest of the world pretty much shut down he is still emailing me wanting to know when I wil ship. Now I see he didn't even have the boat kit yet?! Are you kidding me?! He emails me on 1/3 and threatens to file a PayPal dispute if I didn't ship by 1/9. So rather than put up with his garbage anymore I refunded his money THAT DAY! I won't be threatened by a guy like this especially when he doesn't even have the boat yet! Now I see he is hassling Mike too? Have a nice day George....

Mike sorry to hear about these dramas you are having with this clown. Just remember empty vessels make the most noise.

On another note do you do a scale version of a 26' Lauterbach. I would like to put together a scale of a boat in Qld called Midnight Miss.

Here is a couple vids of the pretty lady running. Sadly the driver Graham lost his brother recently in a hydro accident and has given up hydro racing. Be nice to see a little miss run around.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFvZp...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAt0eypsf7Q

Cheers Andrew
    Andrew
    Find it + Buy it + Twin it + Run it = WOOHOO

Hey Andrew,

I actually have a great set of Lauterbach plans I am working off of so I can off a kit. Right now, it is kinda on hold as I finish up some other CAD drawings there were ahead of this one. I will put you on my list of contacts so when I do get it done, I can get you one! Thanks, talk soon, Mike

Cheers Mike thanks very much mate.
    Andrew

I finished up the T6 Bud 1/10th scale kit today. This kit makes most of the modern hulls running today. Its offered in counterclockwise and clockwise. Mike

First page post fully updated! www.ml-boatworks.com

got my other t6 from you the other day . in a timely mannor i might add . so far this is my third and see no end in sight . never mind the one who complains so much ,anyone who has dealt with you knows your product is good . i`m a return customer for a reason and will remain that for some time . i`m sure many on here and on other sites will remain that way no matter what one individual complains about .
    jay

i know it was a while ago but i fealt i had to say something , plus this thread needed to wake up
    Last edited by magnum500sw; 09-18-2012 at 08:19 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks Jay, Glad you are a happy customer. It is very nice to hear that every once in a while! Take care! Mike

Hi question would u have a kit 1/10 miss cuircuss similar to the 1/8 circus circus as I like the t6 or t4 but like the cowl from circus. Guess im asling if u would have 1/10 kit that has the tabs guess it called on rear sides ( pads) but use the dumas shaped circus cowl if so how much went to site say under construction tks

Paul read post number 163

Quote Originally Posted by Paul21 View Post
    Hi question would u have a kit 1/10 miss cuircuss similar to the 1/8 circus circus as I like the t6 or t4 but like the cowl from circus. Guess im asling if u would have 1/10 kit that has the tabs guess it called on rear sides ( pads) but use the dumas shaped circus cowl if so how much went to site say under construction tks
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Paul, I have the T6 in 1/10th scale. It makes most of the modern hydros, however the true Circus Circus frame I do not have in 1/10th scale yet. Let me know if the T6 will suit your needs. Mike

Hey Mike when you get the Lauterbach done let me know also. i love that hull style
    Billy Graham

Jim you going to build a gas boat?
    Or scale it down?

I'm loving the big scale gas boats!
    OSE GIFTING ELF
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

definately not gas just love the hull
    Billy Graham

OK, Its sale time again, and this year, I am doing all I can to get people into scale boating. The gas scale class is growing, and I want to get more people into it, so I am doing a very special price on the gas class framing kits. The below items are what I am offering for sale this year from November 5th until December 25th. I am doing this a month early as I realize in the past, most people want to get their builds started now, not after Thanksgiving! So, here is what we have:
    All prices below are for continental USA purchases. If you are outside of the USA, or in Hawaii/Alaska, you will need to contact me for shipping quotes.

1/10th scale hydro kits (clockwise and counter clockwise) $105 shipped
    1/8th scale hydro kits (clockwise) $130 shipped
    Gas scale hydro kits (clockwise) $160 shipped

Please contact me via jamesmluszcz@hotmail.com. Some of you may still have my madaccord@hotmail.com email, please just email me at the first as that is my dedicated ML Boatworks account now. This sale does not apply for any of the Sport hydroplane kits. Please visit my website, www.ml-boatworks.com to see what kits are currently available. I do not have the time at the moment to draw up new designs, so please choose from the available kits on the list! Thanks, Mike Luszcz, ML Boatworks

Just pushing this up to the top. Its been a while. Check out www.ml-boatworks.com to see all that is now offered. There is something for everyone! Mike

OK, so I have decided I am going to attempt building for customers again. I am willing to build the GP series sport hydros, SX sport hydro, The PX/NX300, PX335, QX400 tunnels, and the KL350 kneeler o/b hydroplane. Just contact me with questions or prices and I will see what I can do! Thanks, Mike, www.ml-boatworks.com

Here is some footage of a Lauterbach in action at Bundaberg, Queensland, Australia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFvZpjEVuIM

The team is racing in the US at the moment. If you see them say hello they are great people.
    Andrew

Hi Mike, been thinking here lately about building one of your 1/10 scale hydro's. I really like the Newton 164-A/MHR 9401, '94 Miss Bud T4 U-1 and seen where you only offer it in the 1/8 scale on your site. Is it also available in the 1/10 scale?

Thanks
    Mike
    ROLL TIDE ROLL!
    ML Boatworks PS295, Dumas Hot Shot Sprint 3.5, JAE 21FE, Yellow Jacket Outrigger,

Mike, just noticed this post. I do not have the T4 in 1/10th scale. Sorry! Mike

Lots of new items on the new website. Check them out! www.mlboatworksrc.com

NEW ITEM!!!

1/8th Scale Hydroplane kit!

Pic of prototype kit...Final kit has toy tabing, and uses layered plywood for the tilt part of the trailer!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast