Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: www.mlboatworksrc.com Laser cut race boat kits & accessories

WR, I do not know if a cowling is available, I would check rcboatcompany for you, but I am working from my phone as I am out of town this weekend. I will check when I get back home and see, Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by tharmer View Post
    I hear you about all the different sized and classes. Some of the 1/6ths use the same Scorpion motor the 1/7ths do and we've invited them to race with us but so far, none have done so.

Here's a pic of my 1/7th Miss Technicolor

very nice boat thanks for sharing

I checked with rcboatcompany and they do not have a cowl for the Renault.
    Maybe someone out there knows where information is to scratch build one.
    An Apple a day keeps the PC away

Mike, 171-D frame kit came in today, 7 days to Canada, not bad.
    Pretty stoked to get started. Just need to figure out the assembly.
    I may need to ask you questions later.

Glad it got there safe! Keep us updated, Mike
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Here are some pics of Danny and Jasons 9516 frames. I am half way there. Hope to finish very soon:

Mike, As you know I'm building the same 9516 kit. I now have it taped together to see what I'm working with.
    Few questions:
    1. Does the 1/4" strips come with the kit?
    2. What do I do with the two forward inner walls?
    3. Bulkheads #6L & R, how are they attached?
    4. Same with #1L & R.
    Looks like I still need to buy the plans in order to finish the framing of the canopy area etc.
    Otherwise the frames are a HUGE timesaver.

Very nice work Mike!!
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

yup yup cant wait danny if we are going to go before the 6th we are gonna have to go next weekend

Can't, working. it's either Sun, Mon, Tue, or the 6th or the 7th for me.
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I talked to Jason, if you guys want to meet up in Elizabeth City I could probably bring them with me. I just need to get these stupid batten sticks in! They JUST shipped them out today. Once they arrive, I hope to finish up the other frame. Mike

mike take as long as you need I am in no hurry for it.

I can pick them both up in e-city. When will you be there Mike?

Just wanted let those know that have a kit ordered with me, they just arrived to my office today! Mike

Boat is great Mike wish we could have stayed longer hope you did well at the SAW event

Hey Mike, Was wondering if balsa or birch is better for the 1/4" stringers that link the bulheads.
    Since birch doesn't bend as easily I thought it would put unnecessary stress, but is better for durability.
    Your thoughts lease.

Hey, I use basswood sticks from nationalbalsa.com. Balsa sticks are so soft and can shatter with the stress these hulls will see. If the basswood doesn't bend, slot the underside so it can bend to the radius you need. Hope that helps! Mike

Thriftway Too in 1/6th scale and '95-96 T3 Budweiser 1/8th scale now finished. List updated on first page, Mike

Some pics of the T6 (Albert Lee Appliance) build. Build thread in the Scale forum on intlwaters. Mike

I also got the 8255 and Dominos Pizza cowl mold done this weekend, and got the first part pulled from it yesterday. As you can see with the first pic of my Executone, the cockpit is to far back and sloped to low so I had to come up with something better. With the new cowl, you can see the cockpit is more forward, and has a better front slope. Turned out really good! This cowling will be available for purchase as well for $70 shipped if anyone needs one. Enjoy, Mike

'77 Atlas Van Lines "Blueblaster" is done!

Default '66 Cabover Bardahl

Do you have a 10th scale (for FE) kit for the Bardahl Cabover?
    Better yet, a 6th scale for Gas?

This is my ultimate fantasy boat!

Also, who could you recommend to build ARTR?

Thanks!

Hi Mike. I still have the 1/10th scale 8255 kit that I got from you and decided not to build. If you run across anyone needing one, I would like to sell mine! Not trying to highjack your thread, just thought I'd make you aware of it.
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Duckbum, I do not have a 1/10th scale Bardahl or GAS scale at this time. The 1/10th scales and GAS scales available are listed in the first post next to where it says 1/8th scale.

The sale is in full effect if anyone needs a kit! Mike

Been Hangin out for that 164-A, 9401, ‘94 Miss Bud T4 kit of yours Mike. Hows that coming along?

Hey, Well, I have started on that kit, but not finished yet. I honestly have not been able to get anything drawn for a couple weeks. Been busy in the evenings with the holidays arriving and my own builds. Just keep your eyes on the thread as it WILL get done! Thanks, Mike

Winston Lobster added to the list!

16 HOURS OF DESIGN TIME, and the T4 '94 Budweiser is complete. This is by far the most complex kit yet, but very very complete. I honestly, do not recommend a first time builder even consider this kit! Mike

Dammit now I'm pissed off. Im reading this 2mins after I just blew my money on a arowana 2 hull and hardware.
    Ill pm you to get a quote on one of these T4's Mike.

PM replied

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast