Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: www.mlboatworksrc.com Laser cut race boat kits & accessories

Hi Everyone,

This is my first installment of the "hopefully" monthly newsletter.

First, I would like to say thank you for your support of ML Boatworks. I
    recognize a lot of the names on my mailing list! The site has had over
    42,000 hits since it went online on October 28th. This has pushed the new
    domain name up to the top of Google and has eased the transition. While I
    have not mentioned it, you can also access www.mlboatworksrc.com by using
    www.woodrcboatkits.com. I am hoping that name will help guide wood boat
    builders to the site.

Second, if you have completed your build, or have cool build pics, feel free
    to email them to me at jamesmluszcz@hotmail.com, and I will try to add them
    to the website under the hull catagory.

And Finally, I would like to mention some new products on the website, and
    coming soon.

1) The 1/8th scale Hydroplane trailer is now finished and ready for cutting.
    A lot of people have asked for it for over 2 years, and its finally done.

2) I was very fortunate recently. John Finch, designer of the 32" Wild Thing
    Vee bottom Mono hull has given ML Boatworks rights to create a laser cut
    kit! This is a very well known, and tested hull, and should be a great
    addition. It will be available as the original 32" Nitro, and then I am
    adding a 32" FE, and 36" FE version.

3) I now offer raw, uncut plywood and basswood sticks so Scale Hydroplane
    kit customers can add these items to their order to ultimately save on
    shipping costs by purchasing all items though one online source.

4) I was contacted by Glenn Quarles of Nova Rossi last month and he is
    finalizing the testing on his .12 size "Texan" rigger, and plans to send the
    hull to me to make it into a kit form and will be offered on the website.

5) The GSX480 gas sport hydroplane is close to completion and initial
    testing. Dick Loeb, Dist 12 IMPBA member, and president of ODMBA in Suffolk,
    VA is doing the rigging, and testing. I am finalizing the cowling plug this
    week, and should begin the mold process next week. I hope to have this kit
    ready for release by the first of the year.

6) Anthony Marquart of Charlotte, NC worked with me on 31" Sport Hydroplane
    utilizing the ML Boatworks GP cowling/ center section shape, with his own
    spin on sponson design. This kit, and the GSX480 both share the first "Truss
    System" center section framing. It is truly revolutionary as it allows for a
    much wider engine well, and higher overall strength! This kit is now
    available in the Sport Hydroplane section, and is built specifically for .21
    nitro engines. It is called the AJM21.

I hope you all enjoy your holidays, and hope to talk to you all soon!

Mike Luszcz, ML Boatworks
    Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

Thanks to Mike's efforts people are BUILDING again letting the inner modeler get out!

These kits are superbly made and will yield a first rate model for those who build them. I recently completed my ML Boatworks 9516 Miss Elam and just finished (and tested on Sunday) an MLB P-Limited GP310 for my wife Shelly to run, she returns to toy boats after a 12+ year hiatus and the boys better watch out if she decides to race again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

The John Finch "Wild Thing" vee bottom mono lineup is now complete and available on the website. 32" Nitro, 32" FE, 34" FE, and 36" FE. John tested the 36" FE hull in white caps and 15mph winds and it radar-ed 70mph in heat trim. I would say that is pretty much getting it done! Mike

Laser cut, birch plywood rc race boat kits- WWW.MLBOATWORKSRC.COM WWW.DINOGYLIPOS.COM

OK, who is gonna be the first to make a realistic sealable hatch for the FE version that fits that weird deck cutout!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Jim, as I get time i am gonna do fiberglass hatches for each size!

Sounds like a plan!!

Quote Originally Posted by cybercrxt View Post
    Jim, as I get time i am gonna do fiberglass hatches for each size!
    Mini Cat Racing USA
    www.minicatracingusa.com

Don - The theme on your 310 is PURRFECT. Love it. The paw marks on the sponsons are very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    Don - The theme on your 310 is PURRFECT. Love it. The paw marks on the sponsons are very cool.
    Yeah she didn't know about the build until it was finished and really liked it. We are on our 4th and 5th rescue cats now, we had 2 rescues and a domesticated feral cat that all lived long lives (15-17yrs) indoors with us until a couple years ago when they each passed one by one from old age issues (kidney failure). The wife is always on Petfinders tracking various cats watching to see if they get homes, our 2 new rescues came from there and are awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Futaba Team Driver
    - IMPBA Hydro Technical Director -

Just a few things left to do till its ready for the first test. Both Dick and I are really excited to see the results! Mike

The John Finch "Wild Thing" vee bottom mono lineup is now complete and available on the website. 32" Nitro, 32" FE, 34" FE, and 36" FE. John tested the 36" FE hull in white caps and 15mph winds and it radar-ed 70mph in heat trim. I would say that is pretty much getting it done! Mike

A mono!
    very cool
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I just wanted to take the time to let everyone know that all future ML Boatworks fiberglass cowlings are now made using white gelcoat exteriors for a beautiful, pin hole free finish!

Lots of new things on the website, check them out! www.mlboatworksrc.com

Haven't posted here in a while, but all is well. Check out all the products on the website! Mike

Just posted up on the OSE forum the new GSX380 sport 40 hydro. All the gear for the build was gotten here at OSE!

https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...208#post612208

Just wanted everyone to know the website is being redone right now, and if you have trouble ordering, please contact me directly. Thanks, Mike Luszcz, jamesmluszcz@hotmail.com

Your website is not working right or is it my PC?
    Nortavlag Bulc

Works for me Ray
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Yea, it appears to be showing products from a different website after clicking around to diff categories ... bicycle products. They seem like default products that came loading into the shopping cart install though.

Yeah, the site has a bunch of default shopping cart items right now. I will be making the move as soon as Todd finishes the background setup to add the real products! Thanksand if anyone needs anything, just ask! Mike

The new website is up and running everyone! Very happy with how it turned out! Mike www.mlboatworksrc.com

10% off everything Holiday Sale at ML Boatworks starts now till January 3rd!!! Check it out @ www.mlboatworksrc.com

1/8th scale Pay N Pak Rigger kit is now available on the website. 110 is the newton number. Here is a parts sheet:

Do you guys ever make custom CF or Aluminum parts ?

Sure dont. What are you looking for? thanks, Mike

A few of the latest offerings, build threads are posted throughout OSE!

RSX310 Outrigger kit, 31" FE P powered rigger:

RSX240, 24" N power FE rigger and RSX380 38" Q power FE rigger kits. Kits are designed, working on cowling plugs now.

The 1/10th scale 164/ 9401 mhr Bud T4 twin wing kit is now available in clockwise and counterclockwise configurations!

http://woodrcboatkits.com/index.php/...-9401-kit.html

The 1/10th scale 164/ 9401 mhr Bud T4 twin wing kit is now available in clockwise and counterclockwise configurations!

http://woodrcboatkits.com/index.php/...-9401-kit.html

Mike, I am seriously starting to not like you lol. I'm so hooked on this boat thing I may have to buy this do you also make the cowl?

Lol, Im sure Hydroscale creations either has one, or can make one.

Well, it's that time of year, and the sale starts NOW. 10% off everything store wide...Including the new Thunderboat and Amps Baja fiberglass hulls! So check it out on my website, www.mlboatworksrc.com or www.woodrcboatkits.com. If you are looking for a winter build, and want something from my site, I suggest looking now, and not later..My laser guy will get backed up as always this time of year, so the time is now. Thanks! Mike

I am doing a previously unannounced sale for the fall, and its a really good one. The most I have ever offered off of my products, and it is a site wide sale. Scale, Extreme Scale, Wild Thing Mono, RSX Rigger kits, replacement cowlings, stand kits, hydro trailer kits are all at 15% off, while most everything else on the site is around 8-14% off...This includes all the Sport Hydroplane and Kneel down Hydroplane kits fiberglass hulls and outboard cowlings that I offer..Including the STV cat! Check it out. I am not disclosing the ending of the sale, so don't delay! Anything fiberglass related please understand I build to order, and I cannot judge how many things might be ordered, so please give me the time your build deserves! So check out the site, www.mlboatworksrc.com, and feel free to ask questions to my email, jamesmluszcz@hotmail.com. Thanks! Mike Luszcz, ML Boatworks

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast