Thread: New P1!!

Smile New P1!!

Just picked up the new P1 with the new brushless outrunner.... Very very impressed!!! Need to get on the throttle to get it up on plane, but once it's up and the rooster tail start.... NICE!!
    Much happier than and impressed than I was with C1.
    I will say this, great job on this to the boys at Venom.

I read the thread about the turn fins, I think it wouldn't hurt either. But I'm very new to this, and I'm not sure what that would do.

I'm running everything stock, with 2 2 cell lipo. Tenergy 5000mAh, 20C.
    Motor temper out at 26.5C and the speed control was 25. Very cool after the whole run.
    GREAT BOAT!!!!!!

You HAVE to get rid of that 36mm prop and get a 40mm. 36 is too small for a 35-inch hull and the reason for the cavitation and the big roost is the prop isn't hooking up! I switched to a 42mm on mine, and what a difference!! I think a 440 or 640 would be perfect.

Ok cool, thanks man. Now I was playing around a bit today and tried the 1440, not good. Then I tried the x447, planed right away, and had good speed, but I was afraid to hammer the throttle for fear of rolling it over. Just was being lazy and didn't want to have to get the kayak out! I have to have the pitch at full down just to clear. So a 42mm or 40 would be better. Bow still rides high tho??
    Now are you using a 3 blade on yours? Should I bother with 3 blade or go to a 2 blade?

Quote Originally Posted by hobie View Post
    Ok cool, thanks man. Now I was playing around a bit today and tried the 1440, not good. Then I tried the x447, planed right away, and had good speed, but I was afraid to hammer the throttle for fear of rolling it over. Just was being lazy and didn't want to have to get the kayak out! I have to have the pitch at full down just to clear. So a 42mm or 40 would be better. Bow still rides high tho??
    Now are you using a 3 blade on yours? Should I bother with 3 blade or go to a 2 blade?
    wow a x447 I'd imagine is going to be to big. May have some torque roll issues and prop walk. Also running half throttle for an exteneded period of time will heat the esc up real quick. The fet's will be working to hard. Try the 40mm and tuck the rudder forward that will make the transom sit down in the water more and may settle the boat down a little. If the boat still runs to loose and flightly add a few oz of weight in the nose. Maybe 1/4oz at a time until you find the happy spot. JMO
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Okay, I've tried a few things.... 44mm prop, to big. 40mm seems a bit weak. Loving the 42mm, the stock prop from the Rio Ep. Threw a gps in and it was running at 34.8 MPH. Boat is great. I didn't gps the octura x640 yet. That's tomorrow morning. I'm wanting to try the x642, since the 42frp prop seems to be my favorite. I'm very happy with this boat. It rocks.
    Thanks for all the great info guys!

Just so everyone knows, I will try to get some vids tomorrow. But right now, I'm running a x640, and with about 1 degree of pitch up, trim tabs at 0, I'm getting about 35.8 mph. Very impressed with this machine! (Even tho its only my third boat)
    going to try a 4200 4s 35C lipo tomorrow. Right now I'm running 2 7.4 volt lipos. 5000 mAh, but only 20C. I'm told it should have a fair bit more punch. Will post results tomorrow night.

Ok, results... 39.8 MPH. The C rating makes a big difference. I guess you get what you pay for.
    4200 mAh 14.8 4s lipo. Stock hardware except prop, and that's a x440.

Whoops, sorry, that prop should have said x640.
    And the battery is a 35C.