Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Diego

Default San Diego

any boat clubs/groups in San Diego?

Im curious also, if there's any clubs in San Diego also...

NAMBA Dist 19 usually holds an annual race here, but it is salt water and they had to cancel this years event due to a steep increase in park fees.

We're seeing the increase in park fees here in Az, too.

I'm not aware of any current organized FE running in San Diego, or any fresh water access. But, if you guys find something or organize something, keep us posted.

Anyone run FE's in San Diego??

There are a few. But the pond sometimes gets taken over by the sailboat guys.
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

dom.. do you run at the mission bay pond??

anyone run boats at Otay lakes or santee lakes?

I used to run my scale subs at Santee, but now i run my FE at mission bay pond.. I would run my boat at Santee. Do they care about speed boats there? i know they don't care about scale boats,like military boats.

i just took my boat out they are cool with it. i guess you can run boats only at lake 2 in santee. tomorrow im gonna check out Otay lakes.

Ever go to the pond in mission bay??? Plus you gotta pay to get into Santee right??

yea its cool. i went out and watched the sail boats. i want to get out there soon

Well... i'll probably go down there this sunday, hopefully to run my boat... if my new ESC comes in. I smoked it last time i was there..

im waiting for my BL system as well. good times

What are they charging at Santee to get in??

if you walk in its free but if you drive in its 3 bux

Not bad.... might have to go out there, saltwater at the bay is a killer on stuff....

I think there is a sink large enough to rinse your boat at the bathrooms.
    Government Moto:

Hey, just caught this thread. Brad [V-Spec] runs FE in SD ; give him a shout (PM).

How about a road trip up to Legg Lake in L.A. sometime? Or maybe an event at Questtek Joe's private lake in Lake Forest - half way {or so}. To run at Legg must have NAMBA card - $ 45 / year, sign up after October & it's good for 2011. Just a thought to get more of us together.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Hey that sounds great Chopper... I sent V-Spec a PM but haven't heard back from him yet.. As soon as i get my esc, i'd be up for cruzin up there...

Quote Originally Posted by Krowbar69 View Post
    Hey that sounds great Chopper... I sent V-Spec a PM but haven't heard back from him yet.. As soon as i get my esc, i'd be up for cruzin up there...
    Oops, it's Brent, not Brad. I talked to him yesterday & He may come up one day this weekend for the Straightline races at Legg. Be fun to watch if you can make it.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Straight-line race??? sound right down my ally... lol

What day Chopper???

Quote Originally Posted by Krowbar69 View Post
    What day Chopper???
    Sunup to sundown Sat & Sun.

Hey, I am also in San Diego county, I run a FE cat dual brushless (EKOS). I have ran it at Lake Poway, Hodges, and once in Santee (far of drive for me) I am located in Ramona. I was also wondering where every other rc boaters are, theres alot of lakes out here!

Im in SD, I run at Mission Bay Model Yacht Pond in the spring and summer. Just ran there yesterday with my new Motley Crew and it's on rails in the mid 50's! If I'm not working I'm up for meeting up there and or just helping with questions, setups etc anytime.

Brent

Where is the Model Yacht Pond?? theres so many ponds there and bay is big.. is there membership required?

Quote Originally Posted by RivRat34 View Post
    Where is the Model Yacht Pond?? theres so many ponds there and bay is big.. is there membership required?
    It's on vacation island, http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-rec...ilities1.shtml

No membership and no fees. Just make sure you bring some fresh water and rinse and clean your boats well (Before) you pack up and go home as it's salt water.

Quote Originally Posted by v-spec View Post
    It's on vacation island, http://www.sandiego.gov/park-and-rec...ilities1.shtml

No membership and no fees. Just make sure you bring some fresh water and rinse and clean your boats well (Before) you pack up and go home as it's salt water.
    bring fresh water to salt water? i don't understand why'd i should bring? i always wash n water thru cool lines then air blow it out by mouth.

The water there is very salty. You will need a bottle of fresh water to rinse at the end of the day. Things corrode real fast. But it is a very quiet relaxing place.
    Government Moto:

ohso thered no public sink there?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast