Thread: Delta Force 40 (copy)

Default Delta Force 40 (copy)

Took some vid of the DF40 copy today. We kept this one short. My cameraman is only 9 but he does a pretty good job and works for a very cheap wage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL-Xkxk6q9k

I tried embedding the vid but it didnt work.

Oh, by the way, here's the GPS after the run... Anybody believe it?

Duuuuude! I wish I knew you were getting vid of this! awesome!

You need a bigger pond!

She looks nice Keith. I ran mine for the first time today. I went conservative on the prop until I get familiar with it.
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Nice!
    Catching Air!

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    You need a bigger pond!
    Yeah, I know. This one is just so close to home! It is a little intense driving it in that small of an area though.

If you ever get the chance to, run that little x452 on some big water. I ran it on the lake once, following our 22' pontoon. It was a blast! jumping the wake, and waves is too much fun! Plus runtime is awesome with the small prop. With 10ooo mah, I was prob getting around 10 minutes! I miss her already!

Ohh and no i dont believe the gps, anybody else

Quote Originally Posted by 6S HYDRO View Post
    Ohh and no i dont believe the gps, anybody else
    I saw the 7 and I was happy...then I saw the 8 after it and said "Aww... crap!" I dont know what happened. The GPS was cleared for top speed and I didnt crash while running with it.

I would like to get 75+ out of it, but I think it will take a better prop and a little more voltage. I plan on doing some SAW style runs eventually on 10s...

By the way, setup in the vid was 9s2p, Neu 2215 1.5Y, SF240HV, x457 prop.

So keith what were your temps with the x457?How would you rate your 2215? What was you rtr weight?

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPackage View Post
    So keith what were your temps with the x457?How would you rate your 2215? What was you rtr weight?
    Ive never weighed it. Feels like a tank with all those batteries in it though!

Temps were (after full run, not just the vid)

Batts- 117F
    ESC- 124F on the hottest spot other than caps, 149F the hottest spot on the caps.
    2215- 106F.

I love the 2215. It seems to laugh off whatever I throw at it. Temps are often in the high 90's with my x452.

I run a similar setup in a DF41 on 10s2p with a Lehner 3060/10. RTR weight is 16lbs
    * BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

keith thats awsome congrats
    THUNDER TIGER OUTLAW,THUNDER TIGER BANDIT
    CARBON FIBER MINICAT HYDRO,MINICAT HYDRO,PROBOAT MISS GEICO,SKUNKWORKS 32" CAT TWIN, H@M VIPER TURBINE ---JEFF WOHLT WIRE DRIVES

Quote Originally Posted by tth View Post
    I run a similar setup in a DF41 on 10s2p with a Lehner 3060/10. RTR weight is 16lbs
    Yess Ive seen your steup TT a bonafide screamer as well. I dont have you guys cash flow but im considering a 17 series caslte for my prather 40 on 6 s .Those df hulls are really nice .TT I simply cant afford a 3060 and if i did it would go in my 1/8th scale. The prather is a light expoxyglass hull with 6 s it barely 7 pounds. Im kinda loss with prop selection on these monos they pull alot more amps than the hydros in my experience.I just burned a whole down with a 645.I want 10s but i need a real motor but 300.00 is about my limit and I really dont want to spend that ont this hull.I got the boat in a straight trade for a fox 40 airplane motor.So a castle 1717 or a neu 22 series seems to be my area?Im really interested in the 17 series castle i see not too many have brought one so i might help steve lighten his inventory a little. Theres a devil in my head saying "arent you getting tired of this" "just got get you a pletti, a lehner,or a neu and be done with all the guesswork".After logic returns that castle/nue 17 series on 6 s might not be to bad. What do you all think?
    That prather 40 hull is light.Even with 4 6s packs the boat is still under 10 pounds.So i dont want to over do it cause it has outer strakes that come all the way to the back(high lift). I dont know at what point she just gonna be too unstable?Keith you may need to just have that 457 cupped and I love the handling but she could co a tad drier for your saw endeavors.no matter shes a big missle now. I love you and tt's roosters. Tell the truth thats why we love boats so much; nothing is as exciting as a 20 foot rooster tail.
    Last edited by TotalPackage; 08-27-2010 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPackage View Post
    Yess Ive seen your steup TT a bonafide screamer as well. I dont have you guys cash flow but im considering a 17 series caslte for my prather 40 on 6 s .Those df hulls are really nice .TT I simply cant afford a 3060 and if i did it would go in my 1/8th scale. The prather is a light expoxyglass hull with 6 s it barely 7 pounds. Im kinda loss with prop selection on these monos they pull alot more amps than the hydros in my experience.I just burned a whole down with a 645.I want 10s but i need a real motor but 300.00 is about my limit and I really dont want to spend that ont this hull.I got the boat in a straight trade for a fox 40 airplane motor.So a castle 1717 or a neu 22 series seems to be my area?Im really interested in the 17 series castle i see not too many have brought one so i might help steve lighten his inventory a little. Theres a devil in my head saying "arent you getting tired of this" "just got get you a pletti, a lehner,or a neu and be done with all the guesswork".After logic returns that castle/nue 17 series on 6 s might not be to bad. What do you all think?
    That prather 40 hull is light.Even with 4 6s packs the boat is still under 10 pounds.So i dont want to over do it cause it has outer strakes that come all the way to the back(high lift). I dont know at what point she just gonna be too unstable?Keith you may need to just have that 457 cupped and I love the handling but she could co a tad drier for your saw endeavors.no matter shes a big missle now. I love you and tt's roosters. Tell the truth thats why we love boats so much; nothing is as exciting as a 20 foot rooster tail.
    Yeah I thought she was a little wet so I moved the CG back a hair just to see how she ran and I flipped her for the first time after being in the throttle hard for a bout 1 second, so I ruled that out.

I have a s240 here I need to work...I think that might help in the speed area a bit...also a couple high pitch ABC props just to try.

Im not sure about the castle motor...is that similar to the 1521 Neu's or is it like the 17xx Neu's? I'm not really sure how the Castle #'s cross over...

I have a brand new 1300kv Leopard 4082 in the swap shop for $100 shipped if you're interested. I would think it would be a tad small for a 40" boat but I prefer overkill on everything so I don't know...it would be a good "budget" motor though...Steve has the Leopard 5692's as well, they would probably do quite well in your boat and the price would be hard to beat.

I agree with Keith. Go with the Leopard for a budget setup. These motors are getting a good reputation and fast too. I have a Leopard 5692/730kv on order right now. Should be in any day now. If you want to run 6s go with the 1340kv and you should be fine. Just might be me but I would run 6s2p.

yes i know the 2 p setups are best like making sure you have a big alternator when you have a big car amp. You can only get out "watt" you put in.You boyz have some nice 40 inch plus hulls .

Here's another vid I took a week or so before that one. In this one everything is the same except I'm running a x452 prop and Im a little heavier on the throttle in this run (especially in the turns)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG5G1uPIIXw

I plan on running with a s240 prop, maybe tomorrow. I might get some video and will post if so.
    I also just got a waterproof micro cam and I'm going to take some POV videos with it but I have to figure out mounting/floatation first. I think I'm going to put it in a piece of pool noodle and then mount it. I have to expect no matter how I mount it, it will eventually get knocked off during a dunk, flip, ect. If I make it float at least I will be able to retreive it!

How to embed a youtube vid;

Just strip off the vid number at the end and surround with YT /YT tags in brackets.

Youtube instructions.jpg

Hey, please do not take me wrong. This is my opinion.
    There is not enough room for your GPS to read proper speed at this poddle... In such a short time your GPS has virtually no time to calculate proper speed and that is why this reading may be wrong. Your runs are short back and forward, very confusing for GPS.
    This non precission system needs few longer seconds to get the right numbers.
    I had this going on with my GPS once testing it at very short distance... It was reading wrong. This GPS systems are not as accurate as we think and few runs are need it to make sure they will read the average properly.
    I am not saying that your set up is not capable of doing this speed, it certainly does, but on this video I personally can not see 70MPH speed.
    You should try this at longer pond going at least few seconds longer at full throttle straight run for couple of times to make sure you get proper GPS reading. This systems are set up with delay on speed and accuracy in purpuse. Otherwise it would be scarry....
    I was at the race recently where one guy was running rigger at anywhere between 70-80MPH and I will tell you, for this kind of speed you need room! This thing was like a jet passing by... Following boat at this speed with your camera would also be a little challenging.
    My 3 C
    Robert
    DJI Drone Advanced Pilot
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by LiPo Power View Post
    Hey, please do not take me wrong. This is my opinion.
    There is not enough room for your GPS to read proper speed at this poddle... In such a short time your GPS has virtually no time to calculate proper speed and that is why this reading may be wrong. Your runs are short back and forward, very confusing for GPS.
    This non precission system needs few longer seconds to get the right numbers.
    I had this going on with my GPS once testing it at very short distance... It was reading wrong. This GPS systems are not as accurate as we think and few runs are need it to make sure they will read the average properly.
    I am not saying that your set up is not capable of doing this speed, it certainly does, but on this video I personally can not see 70MPH speed.
    You should try this at longer pond going at least few seconds longer at full throttle straight run for couple of times to make sure you get proper GPS reading. This systems are set up with delay on speed and accuracy in purpuse. Otherwise it would be scarry....
    I was at the race recently where one guy was running rigger at anywhere between 70-80MPH and I will tell you, for this kind of speed you need room! This thing was like a jet passing by... Following boat at this speed with your camera would also be a little challenging.
    My 3 C
    Robert
    Yeah I stated in the thread earlier that the GPS reading was wrong. I GPSed this boat enough times (In other places as well with straight long runs) to know how fast it is, and it never went close to 78mph with this setup. With the setup in the vid it regularly ran in the 60s but that was it. It took 10s and a better prop to do that.
    Aside from this one faulty reading, GPS normally read a little slow on this pond, mainly because there isnt enough room to maintain speed long enough to get an accurate reading via standard GPS refresh rates. Whatever speed number I could get on this pond would always be lower than what I could get on longer runs.

I will say this though, the faster (and bigger, of course) a boat is, the smaller it makes an area look. The same pond looks a lot bigger in video with a 25" boat running 35-40mph It looks like an ocean to my son's rio ep (10-ish mph?)
    I was also able to run a lot faster with this mono than some of my other boats because of how well it handled and the fact that it slows down a little quicker than a hydro or cat. With my cat I end up lifting on the throttle before or at the halfway point just to make the turn

Oh yeah, I wasnt GPSing the boat in this vid either. I never did GPS runs in circles like that. They always come back slow.