Thread: Ampba " ea outboard " question

Default Ampba " ea outboard " question

Hi Guy's ,

Currently i am building a 32 inch tunnel hulled boat , that has an Outboard powered leg , i have 2x 2s 40c batts & 120 amp ESC . just trying to ascertain what motor is used in the " EA- Outboard Class " , i have my eye on an Ammo 36-50-2300 or UL1 36-56-2030 ...

Any advice appreciated ,

Brad
    Last edited by rcboatmanwithkids2880; 08-19-2010 at 08:43 AM.
    Roy Cooper's www.fastonwater.co.uk - Where Brittish Raceboat History Comes To Life !!!

Brad, EA allows any motor. However, you might want to check with your local club to see if they have any restrictions. What's the hull?

Hey Brad,

Most are going with the UL1 Motor, plenty good enough!

Kris

Hi Guy's ,

The hull is a Vantex that i have changed to outboard configuration , gave the guts of the original set up to my brother so he could put it into a project boat he sharing with his son . So i may buy the Ammo as it seems on specs it's a touch more powerful than the ul1 unit ( 60 amps ammo - 50 amps ul1 ?? ) , plus ammo has higher kv rating or would you still suggest the ul1 . The props i have are Octura x642 n x640

Thanks Muchly ,

Brad
    Roy Cooper's www.fastonwater.co.uk - Where Brittish Raceboat History Comes To Life !!!

Default pics

Hi Guy's ,

Attached a couple of pics of what state the project is at , just waiting for warmer months to finish painting ....
    Attached Images Attached Images