Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outrunners in the EKOS?

Default Outrunners in the EKOS?

These strong little 450 heli motors rip in my Villain with no trouble at all.

I'm wondering if they are worth a try in the EKOS?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...trunner_1860KV

They are a 19mm bolt pattern and are setup for 60a ESC... 3mm- 130 couplers are available... I'm sure they would turn a 440 prop and are much more efficient than stock... rated a 500watts.

The stock motor mounts are water cooled... just might make an efficient little setup. Less weight, lower amps, lower RPM and bigger props... cheaper smaller lipos... and who knows... maybe more run time.

It's not like the KOS is a competitive hull anyway... Might just make it a fun one that is reliable.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

I say try em.I hear outrunners make more torque than inrunners.How are the motor temps in your Villain?

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    I say try em.I hear outrunners make more torque than inrunners.How are the motor temps in your Villain?
    They get warm and sometimes hot after a few back to back runs... There's no water cooling though, so I think with a water cooled mount, theres some room to push them...
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Im ready to see someone put out runners in this huill. other than venoms. I hear scorpion makes good outrunnner motors. I think hyperion brushless outrunners are made by scorpion too.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

I have 2 Align 1650kv outrunners that could be run on 6s in a twin.Tried fitting them in the EKOS but theyre too big.Now Im trading one and a esc for a tractor.

I have two 2200kv 1500 watt outrunners in a 32" cat, similar to the EKOS and am currently exploring it's capability. So far so good.

You have a video of it?

You have a video of it?
    Yep. Post #107
    https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...t=15099&page=4

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    Those twin outrunners give it a Formula 1 sound
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

So if outrunners make more torque. Why would you run lower kv ratings than what you are using like in the inrunners example the 9xl's. Seems u would stay closer to that kv rating or even slightly more like 2700kv since you have the advantage of more torque from the outrunners. Thus making your prop spin more rpm or even turning a little larger prop.
    Last edited by JPriami; 08-25-2010 at 05:12 PM.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

These strong little 450 heli motors rip in my Villain with no trouble at all.

I'm wondering if they are worth a try in the EKOS?

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/s...trunner_1860KV

They are a 19mm bolt pattern and are setup for 60a ESC... 3mm- 130 couplers are available... I'm sure they would turn a 440 prop and are much more efficient than stock... rated a 500watts.

The stock motor mounts are water cooled... just might make an efficient little setup. Less weight, lower amps, lower RPM and bigger props... cheaper smaller lipos... and who knows... maybe more run time.

It's not like the KOS is a competitive hull anyway... Might just make it a fun one that is reliable.

I have a 4400 Kv one for a wood rigger that isn't built yet.... Nice motors, great quality like Scorpion!
    Nortavlag Bulc

I found a pic of the new ekos w/outrunners....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice find. I wonder why they have changed the outdrives?

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    I found a pic of the new ekos w/outrunners....
    You've got one in hand (outrunner)

can you get some measurements? shaft size, diameter, length?

I think theres a thread on the new venom outrunners here in the ekos section.If I remember right,its gives the info your looking for.They have an oddball shaft size.

I think theres a thread on the new venom outrunners here in the ekos section.If I remember right,its gives the info your looking for.They have an oddball shaft size.
    Yeah, that's right. Venom media posted it.

I'm just wondering if the $12 outrunners at HK will outperform them.

May be a crapshoot.Id try the HK motors.Theyre prob cheaper than the Venom motors.If they dont last,your out $24 plus shipping.I bet the Venom motors cost more.Plus the wierd shaft size too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bug777 View Post
    Nice find. I wonder why they have changed the outdrives?
    Same drive, just black now instead of silver w/adjustment marks.

Mines the bigger 2000kv can. Ekos has the little 2700 cans.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Mines the bigger 2000kv can. Ekos has the little 2700 cans.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats hilarious!!

Nice. LMAO!

Guess it serves me right for asking him to measure his shaft.

I'm really thinking that the H2223 2900Kv outrunners would work great in the EKOS. I just don't feel like messing with that pile of junk. Seems every time I run it something fails... or breaks... or needs something... I have the motors in hand though..

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the $12 HK motors ran better?

Nice. LMAO!

Guess it serves me right for asking him to measure his shaft.

I'm really thinking that the H2223 2900Kv outrunners would work great in the EKOS. I just don't feel like messing with that pile of junk. Seems every time I run it something fails... or breaks... or needs something... I have the motors in hand though..

Wouldn't it be a hoot if the $12 HK motors ran better?
    I had to do it lol

Wouldn't shock me. Anything runs better than venom lol
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Id run em.Venoms junk can suck it.Although,it is the same as a lot of the parts we buy at HK.Maybe HK can suck it?

You guys are pervs! But really, the 2000kv outrunner is pretty impressive so far. Only time will tell for the long run.

I need a hull for my EKOS.Anyone have any suggestions?Id like to run my Align outrunners in it for a twin.They wont fit in the EKOS.No blackjack please.Im thinking about buying the $12 outrunners from HK also.

Id run em.Venoms junk can suck it.Although,it is the same as a lot of the parts we buy at HK.Maybe HK can suck it?
    Sometimes. Definitely have to weed through the junk... and weed through the reviews...

I need a hull for my EKOS.Anyone have any suggestions?Id like to run my Align outrunners in it for a twin.They wont fit in the EKOS.No blackjack please.Im thinking about buying the $12 outrunners from HK also.
    Don't laugh too hard, but I was thinking about twin outrunners in a surge crusher.

Nice small hull.
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 08-21-2010 at 09:41 PM.

How bout a proboat thundercat nitro. I have a single castle motor in mine. The hull is 31-inches and there is lots of room in the sponsons for twins. You can pick em up on flea-bay all the time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast