Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outrunners in the EKOS?

I'm thinking about doing a set of twin 540's on mine. Or maybe buying another castle motor for twin 1515's

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    I'm thinking about doing a set of twin 540's on mine. Or maybe buying another castle motor for twin 1515's
    I was thinking about twin 1515's, but ended up with a 13lb boat when I installed all the stuff and batteries... It didn't float well.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    I was thinking about twin 1515's, but ended up with a 13lb boat when I installed all the stuff and batteries... It didn't float well.
    I actually meant twin 1515's in my tc 31, not the ekos.

FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

FighterCat,you wanna sell your EKOS?

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    FighterCat,you wanna sell your EKOS?
    Sure. I still have the box for it too! Here's the info; https://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/...ad.php?t=14252

BTW- I did some RPM calculations and...

3s 2900Kv = 32190
    4s 2900Kv = 42920

I'm thinking 4s, 32mm props and spin it up wicked! The motor is rated for 4s, so why not?

.NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

I just need a hull.Is there a chance you can sell without electronics and motors?I can find an in stock EKOS hull anywhere.

Sorry,meant CANT in previous post.

Are you a Tower member? if so, backorder an EKOS hull, they should be in next week. If you use a discount #, they are like $120.

You don't want my hull. It's all messed up from paint coming off and ply separation.

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I don't know what a tc31 is. But... if it is a 31" hull, that's a little insane!

Smile

Your right-I dont want it.I think I am a member.I get their catalog in the mail.Ill do order one in a few.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FighterCat57 View Post
    I don't know what a tc31 is. But... if it is a 31" hull, that's a little insane!
    I'm sure youve seen the proboat thundercat. Its actually a really big hull for 31-inches. really wide with lots of room inside.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by forescott; 08-22-2010 at 11:30 AM.

I'm sure youve seen the proboat thundercat. Its actually a really big hull for 31-inches. really wide with lots of room inside.
    heh... That's awesome. Duuuuu eeeeet!

I back ordered a new EKOS hull from Tower.Hope they get them soon.Cant wait to get my cat back on the water.This one is gonna get re-inforced for top speed running.(Not 66mph though).Ill let someone else go faster and ruin thier hull.

OK, I ordered two of the 2900kv outrunners and two couplers.

I checked the spec's and the motors I'm running now (upgraded from stock) are max 475watt.

The little outrunners are rated at 600 watts. So they will be an "upgrade" and the $11 motors are in fact more powerful than the stockers. Wow. We'll see if they are an improvement. =)

link to what you ordered? I just want to see what they are. thanks
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

cool beans. cant wait to see what they do.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

Steve still has some 3mm-130 couplers (they work with the stock cables) and Jeff has some too and can also make the 3mm-062 couplers for the wire drives. Cool, less weight, less cost, more power. I like it already!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12