Thread: Motor fried out of the blue on me!!!!

Default Motor fried out of the blue on me!!!!

Okay me any my friend went to run the boats today... i put mine in thw water... got like 100 feet out made u uturn and came back... got like 100feet out and it stoped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im like are you serious!!! luckly whare i run thier was a guy on a jetski who got my boat....

Well i got my boat back looked at it... and went to spin the prop... the motors froze!!!!!! like the motor will NOT turn over... the boat had no water in it or anything.... and when i give it throttle it just twithcs like the motor wants to spin but wont... so idk...

it was on the water a MAX of 1 1/2 mins... and water WAS going threw it and comeing out the side....

sooo i guess time to buy a upgraded merine motor.... what do you guys have in mind?

Oh i havent pulled the motor out of the boat yet either (tomarrows project)

so... what do u guys think happend to it? (it didntover head the motor was cold)...

Also does Aquacraft have a warentee on thier motors?
    Super-Vee 27 on 4s lipo's (new motor in, and Back on the water!)

How old is it and have you ever done any maintenance on it?
    "Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone except God.
    Billy Graham

Hi check to see if the end bells of the motor came lose this was a problem they had for a while and AQ would replace it for you.
    2 SV 27's and Vac-U-Pickle UL-1 Power

What setup were you running? Cells/prop?

Sounds like the speed controller to me. When my stock SV speed controller gave out it did the same thing. The motor would just twitch and would not turn.

Do you have another SC to try?

What did you do for Maintinence on the motor?

Jim

Hey guys. Yes i have kept the whole boat maintnenced (spelt that wrong)

well i pulled the motor out and im looking at it... it looks like a bareing inside the motor flew apart. you can see the little balls from a bareing spread threwout the motor...

but dang!!! now i need a new motor!!!!

oh by the way... i had my SV27 for aout 4 months now...

anyways....

do i save up money for a new motor?.... or can i send it to AQ and get a new one sent back?
    Last edited by JimClark; 08-18-2010 at 02:29 PM.

I would buy the Ammo motor and forget about it.
    Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

Quote Originally Posted by z400 View Post
    I would buy the Ammo motor and forget about it.

What do those cost? and what KV?

Z
    KBB34" Mono - Fast
    ToySport Triton- Not as fast

Quote Originally Posted by 88cr250 View Post
    What do those cost? and what KV?
    Where in California are you? I wouldn't just go out and start buying new stuff before you know what the real problem is otherwise you will end up with an expensive boat that still doesn't run. It shouldn't have broke a bearing if it was just running normally on 14.8v If it is just a bearing it's a 5 minute job to replace them and they are only a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by v-spec View Post
    Where in California are you? I wouldn't just go out and start buying new stuff before you know what the real problem is otherwise you will end up with an expensive boat that still doesn't run. It shouldn't have broke a bearing if it was just running normally on 14.8v If it is just a bearing it's a 5 minute job to replace them and they are only a few bucks.
    Im in Nor-Cal... SFbay area...

How do u replace the bareing in the motr? the motor is presed together...

Also i did buy the boat used... so it did have time on the motor wen i got it...

Quote Originally Posted by 88cr250 View Post
    Im in Nor-Cal... SFbay area...

How do u replace the bareing in the motr? the motor is presed together...

Also i did buy the boat used... so it did have time on the motor wen i got it...
    Three comments:
    1. Send the motor back to Aquacraft. We had the same thing happen and they replaced it.
    2. Do NOT get the Ammo motor. It is way to much for the SV-27 and the boat will be uncontrollable. Did that.
    3. If you want to go fast and enjoy the boat, drop in a UL-1 motor. Did that too...It rocks.
    JMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    Three comments:
    1. Send the motor back to Aquacraft. We had the same thing happen and they replaced it.
    2. Do NOT get the Ammo motor. It is way to much for the SV-27 and the boat will be uncontrollable. Did that.
    3. If you want to go fast and enjoy the boat, drop in a UL-1 motor. Did that too...It rocks.
    JMHO...

Hmh... il keep the UL1 in mind :D . but the AMMO is more me lol. i have a slash 2wd thats uncontrolable fast/ a losi mini latemodel brushless thet i still yet to get full throttle on and yea lol.

But then again... its a boat and it flips it means time for swimming (ben thare done that)

Will keep the UL1 in mind :)

Wink

... its a boat and it flips it means time for swimming (ben thare done that....
    Oh oh, here we go again......

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

You could go with one of these Feigao motors like I did - I have the XL11 (Got if from Diesel). I'm getting consistent 55mph with a x642 prop running 2 3S 5000Mah 25c Lipos.

It's cheaper than the Ammo. Either way you'll need a better speed controller like a 120 amp or something. Diesel recommended the Seaking 120A ($89.00 or something) and I love my SV now. Now, it's all about weight distribution to keep this thing on the water. I still have not truly got to full top end yet since it keeps trying to fly!

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...-540XL&cat=116

Quote Originally Posted by ms71171 View Post
    You could go with one of these Feigao motors like I did - I have the XL11 (Got if from Diesel). I'm getting consistent 55mph with a x642 prop running 2 3S 5000Mah 25c Lipos.

It's cheaper than the Ammo. Either way you'll need a better speed controller like a 120 amp or something. Diesel recommended the Seaking 120A ($89.00 or something) and I love my SV now. Now, it's all about weight distribution to keep this thing on the water. I still have not truly got to full top end yet since it keeps trying to fly!

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...-540XL&cat=116
    Hmh... going to have to check that motor out as well. hopefully sometime soon my boat will be back on the water!