Thread: First run today

Default First run today

today was my first run with my sv27r. after 3 min running. i brought it in, and the amount of water in the hull is ridiculous theres heaps. what do i do??

Quote Originally Posted by connorryder View Post
    today was my first run with my sv27r. after 3 min running. i brought it in, and the amount of water in the hull is ridiculous theres heaps. what do i do??
    Start fixing the leaks. The first thing to do is to get some silicon calk(clear) and pull each screw out and put a dab on it and screw it back in to seal it up. Usually that is where the leaks come from on this boat. You might even just check to see that all the screws are snug first, usually they are not.

The second thing to do is check the water cooling system.

The last thing is to focus on the drive shaft.

I have been running supervee's for a number of years and the usually the leaks you are describing are all the places where they have screws going through the hull.

Just drop in the the bath tub to ensure you have all of those type of leaks fixed.
    Last edited by electric; 08-13-2010 at 01:13 PM.

Do you tape down the hatch?
    2 SV 27's and Vac-U-Pickle UL-1 Power

no, i didnt

no, i didnt
    Good habit to get into, you should always tape the hatch and don't rely on that cowl lock system. The kintec upgrade latch is really nice. Water was getting in through the hatch without a doubt.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

ok, thanks. i just charged up 2 batteries. off for a real drive. do i have to fully dischage the nimh bateries for them not to get memory??

ok, thanks. i just charged up 2 batteries. off for a real drive. do i have to fully dischage the nimh bateries for them not to get memory??
    As far as I know, Nimh do not have memory effect like nicd batteries. With that being said when you see loss of performance in you boat bring it in.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

ive also got a tiny little chip in the prop. will that effect the runing

ive also got a tiny little chip in the prop. will that effect the runing
    Yes it can, prop can become less effecient and productive.

Are you running the stock prop currently?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

yes it is the stock prop i just had a drive then. a ton of water in the boat!!!!

yes it is the stock prop i just had a drive then. a ton of water in the boat!!!!
    Did you bathtube test it? Is the flexshaft well lubed with grimracer grease?

Try some of the CF props like a CF42 or CF45 (watch temps), they get on plane very quick, little less top end though then the stocker. Move to a 42x55 when your ready for a metal prop.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

the boats running ok. my only worys is the amount of water, and that it gets really unstable in the turns.

the boats running ok. my only worys is the amount of water, and that it gets really unstable in the turns.
    Lube that flexshaft up real good, not only does it provide lubrication it also helps stop water from being pulled in through the shaft.

Adjust the rudder negative, page 5, that should settle the transom down some and help stop hopping in the turns
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

just had a drie then with glassy conditions. AMAZING. no water at all without hatch tape. hopefully its like this all day. how long do i have to wait after running to charge the batteries. i waited like 15 mins and they were still a bit warm. but i still charged them. my batteries also have a bit of moisture in the casing. is that bad. what do i need to know about nimh??

just had a drie then with glassy conditions. AMAZING. no water at all without hatch tape. hopefully its like this all day. how long do i have to wait after running to charge the batteries. i waited like 15 mins and they were still a bit warm. but i still charged them. my batteries also have a bit of moisture in the casing. is that bad. what do i need to know about nimh??
    If your running NIMH I'd wait atleast 15m if not longer.

Tape that hatch man, your asking for problems. One bad flip and the hatch is bye bye, and if your boat is upside with a blown hatch kiss it goodbye. I run the Kintec Racing upgrade latch with the foam. If you want to play the no hatch tape game at least upgrade the locking mechanism. Those stock push latchs suck. Like i siad man, your asking for a whole slew of problems running without taping that hatch.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

how do i take care of my nimh's. do i fully run them out.

how do i take care of my nimh's. do i fully run them out.
    You don't have to run them fully out. When you see a loss of performance bring the boat to shore. Wait to the batteries have cooled before charging them. Also unlike lipo battereis Nimh get very warn during charge, so with that being said also wait until the batteries have cooled down before running them in the boat.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Tape the hatch

Quote Originally Posted by badag98 View Post
    Tape the hatch
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Just tape the hatch once i didnt tape my supervee and it sank so i had to pay i diver to go and get it !!
    Prince 25 8XL,Delta force 29 8XL, SV27,Rio 51,Mini Rio,Stock Miss Geico m445,ERBE,Baja 5B SS, Hyper ST, Castle Emaxx.