Thread: to keep or not to keep

Default to keep or not to keep

so has anyone really have this hull running really well i have played with mine and i can can't really seem to get it right it has mad hop and just short or adding trim tabs i am not sure it's a fine hull for about 1/4 throttle but any faster it seems to be not very tame

any info for something to try would be great

well it think i am going to scrap the boat and move the hardware to something that can use it maybe my rio ep cause the hull in my opinion is that it blows and of the video i have seen is really not cool it hops a lot and can't turn with speed i think for a boat it's not very nice and way over priced .... now to try and get rid of the hull

Have you tried other props? Ive tried a couple and got mine running smooth... And what kind of lake/water are you running it on? This deep v hull LOVES some chop... the boat doesn't like flat (although I do have mine running smooth full tilt on calm water). Did you try lowering the stern drive/prop? I think these boats get a bad rep, they're great if you want a boat that will handle some chop but not necessarily be the fastest boat out there... But yes I totally see how its rough when its completely on plane it doesn't like to turn or stay in the water. Try a prop change.. Ive also moved my battery almost right on the motor.

yeah i thought about alot of that and have tried a few things but not a lot of places have boating stuff where i live so i don't get a lot of choices for props but i have tried cog movements and props and nothing seems to help it even did the drive adjustments and in chop the think runs like a jumping dulphin which is not really cool and the turning well just remember to slow right down

Hmm interesting I'm not sure where the about of distress is coming from in your boat.. My boat runs great through chop.. try a Octura M435, I havent tried this out (ive got a grim racer 43 55) on it now but I have tried a few other props... the one on now gives it decent speed and the esc and motor stays cool all day long