Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: EKOS clone and upgrade questions.

Quote Originally Posted by richt View Post
    thanks for your help .i just have the hull what is the best stinger i have some sv27
    I have two different kinds of 4mm drive sets that will work on that hull. The 70mm stingers and a pair of 80mm stingers. I'll reply to your email with info.

Actually, for a new bare hull, I have a complete set packaged
    The mounts are 540 sized, so you can use larger motors. I suggest the 3126 outrunners. Great for 4s2p/2200kv or 6s1p/1600kv.
    Last edited by FighterCat57; 01-11-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Your best option is to walk with the hull in hand to the nearest dumspter and throw it in!!
    But,if you must build this money pit,www.kintecracing.com has the stock stingers that ll bolt right up.
    Or you can PM FighterCat57,he has alot of parts to get your boat going.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrysDrifter View Post
    Your best option is to walk with the hull in hand to the nearest dumspter and throw it in!!
    But,if you must build this money pit,www.kintecracing.com has the stock stingers that ll bolt right up.
    Or you can PM FighterCat57,he has alot of parts to get your boat going.
    LMAO!! How true!
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

ok thanks

Rich,you dont have to not build the EKOS,just take the time to read all the threads and posts you can about it.This boat does not have a good reputation.It will need re-inforcing as well as replacing the stock electronics and flex shafts with higher quality components.My opinion is 60mph is max speed for this hull or to be safe,55mph.I recently bought a hull from FighterCat and used all the EKOS hard parts inside and out.It has been a reliable boat so far even thought its only been ran once.I did re-inforce it for my speed goals though.You should do the same.Keep the questions coming and we will be happy to help you.Maybe start your own thread questions thread,that way you can always refer back to get some answers and you wont have to search all over the place.

thanks for all your help. i will all my components from fightercat he send me the situp.

Is the saga bacically the same built hull as the kos?, as far as construction, or is it better built?

about the same I guess. Ive never owned a EKOS or seen one so thats where I am on it lol.. Ive been running my boat at 62mph on 4S & 40mm props and its been holding up fine so far. i could change props and get more but im comfortable with where it is for now.
    Land, Sea & Air, A true RC Addict.

The hulls are the same. The same company makes them. They have different electronics (motors, ESC )and some minor hardware differences. HobbyKing offers one as well.
    Boomer

Default Ekos clone?

Quote Originally Posted by JPriami View Post
    Thanks. I will inspect the flex cables when get it. I have a pair of counter rotating 36 mm props for it that came the other day
    Did the boat come with counter-rotating props? Or did it come as pictured? I'm thinking of ordering one of these boats. Thanks

Hey guys i brought this hull mid last year and ran it stock with 3s,3700mah,25C batts and 36mm props and it ran great nearly every weekend since iv had it,till today the motors finally gave up but i knew they would eventually and to be honest i didnt expect them to last this long.
    So now im taking out the wooden piece out the centre of the inside of the hull and upgrading the ESC to 120amp and a pr of leopards,may even change to wire drives aswell,but this boat has been a good buy and certainly fun to run
    Ill keep you posted on how i get on

Quote Originally Posted by mylehigh View Post
    Did the boat come with counter-rotating props? Or did it come as pictured? I'm thinking of ordering one of these boats. Thanks
    Yes it came with the counter rotating props.

Here is a video from today I did. Onboard with the GoPro camera. Fun Stuff

Hi,

New here, has more or less decided to order a Saga from UK, I have been reading a lot here so i think i know what im getting in to, troubble:) But I do like the look of it.

Some one knows the battery size that will fit?

Peter

Default Dragon SAGA Leopard motors

Hi,

after burning one original ESC through first plug together,today i start with Roxxy 9100-6 ESC,Leopard 2860 and 40mm Alu prop at 4s 4500 and alt. 42mm Alu prop.
    Have tested the original motors with 40mm Graupner prop at 4s 39860rpm under load(4s)-with 40mm Alu prop at 4s 36580 rpm
    Hope to reach the 65mph

michael

Quote Originally Posted by SweP View Post
    Hi,

New here, has more or less decided to order a Saga from UK, I have been reading a lot here so i think i know what im getting in to, troubble:) But I do like the look of it.

Some one knows the battery size that will fit?

Peter
    I use turnigy nano tech 4S 4500mah packs

Thanks,

I ordered Turnigy 4S 4000 30c, just a little bit shorter. Just awaiting for the boat to arrive now.

Peter

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910