Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buyers beware !!!!!

Thumbs down buyers beware !!!!!

Jan will not warrant all of his products........buy from offshore...

Interesting 1st post care to explain?

Cool Don't know what you are talking about

Really you need to back that up with something because I have dealt with Jan on many occasions and never had a problem. He has always been very help full and fare we me.

Eh...Ah...Welcome to the forum?
    Government Moto:
    "Why fix it? Blame someone else for breaking it."

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    Jan will not warrant all of his products........buy from offshore...
    apparently your really new to this hobby.......

I have ordered tons from Jan at Kintec Racing excellent service all the time. My favorite place besides Offshore Electrics.

Um,,,,, Bruce, when making accusational statements like that, you should provide some facts about your comments, otherwise it sounds like a 12 year old whining for no reason.

I am new to Boats. I bought a SV-27 and wanted to upgrade for more speed. I bought a cooling part, motor, props, servo, flex cable etc exceeding $500.00 in parts. Just went crazy ! Upgraded to Seaking 90 amp. esc. Plugged speed control in and ran it for about 5 seconds and it shut off. I returned the part back to Jan. HE returned the part back to me un-opened. After several e-mails back and forth he made it clear that he would not warranty it and that I needed to return it to Seaking in China. His last e-mail response to me said to sell all of my stuff and collect stamps instead. I started out having a good rapoor with Jan, and being new to boats that he would have at least tested the defaulty part

What was your "upgrade" setup? Motor, cells, prop?

ive used kintech multiple times n the worst thing they did is forget to ship my bullet nut but i got an emediat refund, ur set up was prolly all wrong, give em another chance

Sounds like a 12yr old to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce View Post
    I am new to Boats. I bought a SV-27 and wanted to upgrade for more speed. I bought a cooling part, motor, props, servo, flex cable etc exceeding $500.00 in parts. Just went crazy ! Upgraded to Seaking 90 amp. esc. Plugged speed control in and ran it for about 5 seconds and it shut off. I returned the part back to Jan. HE returned the part back to me un-opened. After several e-mails back and forth he made it clear that he would not warranty it and that I needed to return it to Seaking in China. His last e-mail response to me said to sell all of my stuff and collect stamps instead. I started out having a good rapoor with Jan, and being new to boats that he would have at least tested the defaulty part
    What voltage were you running the SeaKing 90 at? It shouldnt have smoked right away. Not sure if you were using the BEC function but using the BEC with more then 3S can lead to problems. As far as buying a bunch of "make my SV27 better" parts you need to be carefull in selections. If you bought a water cooling mount its wasted money no matter who makes the claim to its usefullness. The amount of heat it can remove is so small its not even worth bothering with. A fan blowing thru the motor removes more btu's.

The stock servo is weak but its not so weak as to not work effectively. 44 inch oz. is still plently. If anything buy a Traxxas 2075. Its digital, its water proof and has almost 3 times the torque. Plus its $18.

At least you know where you stand now with Kinetic. Dont bother going back. Stick with Steve here at OSE. And ask questions now that you are here on OSE. There are many experienced FE boaters to get your information from. And it wont cost you a cent. Just take the time to explain what you need and what you have. You will find this place worth your time.

John
    Change is the one Constant

I have worked with Jan (RiverRat) for many years since 2007. My first communication with him is with this post...
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat View Post
    WOW what a great thing. I can only dream of such a good score.
    Just for that I offer any free machining Diegboy wants.
    I also offer any machine work to any board ops at a rate of $1500 per hour, and thats damn special.
    With that, I asked Jan to modify 2 SV27 stingers, He did so very well & fast and not once aske me for anything, not even shipping. During this time, I was not a moderator, I was an OSE member like the rest so don't think he did this because of Board status.
    Recently, I sent him my Baby Freya hull and 2 stingers I got from Germany. These stingers don't fit the hull without serious modification. Jan machined the struts as requested, including boring the 4mm struts to 3/16", and shipped them back to me (including the hull) with absolutely NO CHARGE! Again, not even the charge for shipping her back to me. That transaction costed him money, and not once did he ask for anything. Almost 3 years had past between these events, and he is still the same kind person as before.
    Jan is a another great person I have had the pleasure of knowing on this forum, and never had the pleasure of meeting in person.

Thank you 1000 times Jan!

I suggest you change the tone of this thread to the issues you have and not the character of the other OSE member. (Please see the MEMBER BASHING rule)
    Last edited by Diegoboy; 08-09-2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

He built a motor mount for my 1/8th hydro for free about 2 years ago........good guy to deal with as far as I'm concerned.

As far as your controller lasting about 5 seconds.....while that can happen sometimes, usually its a result of user interface.

I have bought from Jan, very good service.

Did you contact him prior to returning the ESC, as a return authorisation number is required by almost all companies.

Douggie

Hello to all the OSE members.
    A big THANK YOU to the members for your support. A special thank you for the members that e-mailed me about this thread.
    I must apoligize for not stopping in to often but with all the great info an knowledge in here there is not much more I could offer.
    Before I respond, fogive me this could get long but I will do my best to keep it short.
    So grab a coffee, beer or soda and sit back and read some untold FACTS. Just the truth nothing but the truth. From the beginning.

As most of us that have been bitten by the bug do when first getting into this, we all want to go faster. Its only natural. I always try to recommend to the new guys to run the stock equipment first and learn how to drive the boat.
    At one time we all were the newbie so I always try to help those that are.
    I have spent not minutes, but hours with customer bruce. Both on the phone and an untold number of e-mails. No problem there at all,, was it?

The first thing I am going to recommend is a LVC if one is running lipos.
    bruce getts one. A few days later I get an e-mail titled "Faulty Lipo Shield" and as I am about to read it I get a call from bruce. He tells me its bad and it fried as soon as he plugged it in. So I ask do you have the boat there? Response "YES". I said look at the red wire from the lvc. Do you see how you have it going to the black wire on the esc? Response "YES". I tell him thats why it fried you sent power to the ground side of the unit. Response "I didn think it mattered" No problem I tell him. Nothing got hurt thats why they use such small wire. All you have to do is take the burnt wire off and resolder a new one on. No need to spend more money.

A few hours go by and he orders another one. No problem not everyone can solder or even wants to. Out the door that same day another one goes. Lets call it #2lvc.
    A week later another e-mail called "Faulity Lipo Shield" I respond what is the problem?
    It is making the motor stutter on top end. I reply make sure your motor bullets are soldered correctly. If all your connections are good then send it back. He sends it back and I replace it even though I have never seen a bad one. No problem just more shipping. I then send him paypal cash for the shipping he paid to get it to me along with a few dollars for gas to go to the post office. I get it and put it in the junk box.

Just an FYI, he also posted this on RCU..

Then he buys another motor. The flags start flying. I wonder "now did he just make me send him another lvc without checking any connections?"
    A few more weeks go by. Another complaint comes in about a faulity lipo shied. I explain that they are very solid units and you need to start checking all connections. It cant be the motor since you have changed that, which I did not recommend.
    Normally the esc's are a pretty good unit but since this boat was wet I started thinking the esc was on the way out.
    Then he tells me his buddy put another esc in and the boat ran fine. Now this is a key statment "his buddy". You see after 30 e-mails you can tell when someone is to lazy to do anything for there self and they get "thier buddy" to do it.
    I ask him if there is a local shop that can check the esc since it sounds like its on the way out and not a lvc problem. No response.

I think this thread starter should stand in the corner with a pointy hat and the D letter.

Douggie

More time goes by and he buys a Seaking 90amp. The following day after I sent the esc I get #3lvc back in the mail. I check #3lvc and it is perfect. Then I go to the junk box and get #2lvc. It also is perfect. If I new this I would never have sent a programable esc to this guy. I refund him for #3lvc even though I should not have. The wires were pinched and grushed and it looked horrible.

Then out of know where with no e-mail no warning no nothing I get the seaking back. This was 3 days before Labor Day. For all you southern guys our public lakes dont even open till Labor Day. I have 6 boats on the bench that need to be done for the first race of the year. In thoses boats were #2lvc and #3lvc. Just a little busy that week.
    Then the phone calls and e-mails start up. I explain to him I got the unit but it will have to sit till the following week. I also explain the boy is home on leave and I will be spending some time with the grandkids I never see.

This was totally unexceptable because he spent $500. Must be one smoking sv. Not only did he get $500 dollars worth of goods he also bought a slave that I was unaware off. When I returned to the shop after 3 days off in probably a year. My message machine is full, my e-mail box is over flowing and I now know the world rotates around bruce.
    3 times I asked what he tried with the Seaking. "What settings did you use" I was begging for input. Finally he tells me he installed it and it ran for 2 seconds and shutoff so he just put it back in the box a sent it off to me for me to figure out. You see in bruces world my time is worth nothing. He does not need to do anything for himself. Not even try a second setting. Not even 2 minutes of his time will be waisted on his own toy.

End of short version.

My experience with Kintec has been the best of any RC company I have dealt with.
    Orders are usually shipped the same day, I have 3 orders on the way right now.
    I guess I'm "the buddy"
    Namba District 16
    1/8 Miss U.S., 1/8 59 Maverick, 1/8 Executone, 1/8 Smokin Joe, 1/8 Bud, MLGSX380, AC Pro40II Q Sport, AC Pro40II nitro,Twincraft mono 10s, Vision AOPC, VS1 FE, M34.

Bottom Line:

Kintec (Jan's) products, services, and especially customer service has always been outstanding. I'd recommend them to any hobby enthusiast, looking for quality products/services and exceptional customer service.
    - I'm new, and promise to pay forward all help received

Unreal. Someone's in the wrong hobby. Someone also has a bad attitude.

Thumbs down

The very first post on OSE was the giveaway.

BTW, his bio says: "outgoing, funny, smart". At least he got the "funny" part right.....

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

My set up was the ammo brushless motor from kintec, 42x55 grim prop,2 turnigy 30c 5000 mah. batterys, and his seaking 90 amp. esc. I did not know so many of you worshipped jan at kintec. OK you have run me out of this hobby.. Anyone want to buy a sv-27 with all of kintecs upgrades !!!!!! If he said the thing to you that he said to me you would have a bad attitude to. sorry for upsetting everyone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast