Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom Outrunners

Default Venom Outrunners

I just saw these on Venom's website. TBA for when they are due out.
    http://www.venom-group.com/itemdesc.asp?ic=1365

Id stay away from them.Unless you want to learn the hard way about venom and theyre "quality" parts.People usually spend around $500 on venom junk before learning.You might as well be next in line.If you want and EKOS,just buy the bare hull or another China equivalent.But,by no means,stuff it with venom parts.

Larry said it right.

There's plenty of guys here that can help you pick out decent outrunners, just ask. =)
    FighterCatRacing Team CHING BLING - Ching Bling. Brilliant, Advanced Sparkle for your hull.

Fightercat57 has a few motors for sale in the swap shop that would be very good upgrades for the EKOS.Check em out.Priced right too.

its not that the quality sucks I've been running my motors on 4s for some time now..but outrunners need to be air cooled and where are you going to get cool air in a sealed hatch..sure lil air gets in but not enough to cool the motors..maybe water/air might be the trick for these motors..but for the price you could get quality aftermarket motors that will last. Wish nemesis made 380 xl motors...looking at buying a mean machine or KOS 55 converted t obrushless soon once the boat is set up and running 50+ all day...or after the wire drive and esc conversion...

Cool

Wish nemesis made 380 xl motors...
    same motor, different color:

http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...380-xL&cat=116

BTW a lot of FE boaters are using outrunners in their race boats without all that "special cooling"........

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
    looking at buying a mean machine or KOS 55 converted t obrushless soon once the boat is set up and running 50+ all day...or after the wire drive and esc conversion...
    OOOH! Youve been reading my mind. I've been itching to find a gas KOS and running a set of these!! http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=leo-5692

55 Inch Cats

Freshly converted gasoline hogs to lipo powered brushless!!!

Motors Featured NEU with Castle 240
    This boat is designed to run on 3-6S With our 4 Horsepower Electric Combo. Fine Design has completed these models to run Electric Power safely and dry. Airports in the boat have been sealed, triple flotation has been put in, radio has come completely dialed in RTR.

These are beautiful pieces of work from overseas and would take any decent hobbyist over 50 hours to duplicate paint and decal work!!

If you are lucky enough to own one of these boats already, and would just like to purchase this conversion it is only $764.00. If you choose to have us pre-assemble and pre-wire this above price is $844.00

Fine Design has recently given new attention to the outrunner motors and the torque and horsepower they can produce at a LESSER COST and a MORE EFFICIENT usage of our lipo power. This new Option #2 consists of a 130amp ESC watercooled with a 7hp high efficiency outrunner motor. This new combination will excite and expand the motors used in marine applications today. The new Option 2 system, fully ready to run, less lipo batteries will be $1595 plus shipping. If you wish to purchase this power system for a 50-60" Cat the price is $688 complete with mounting hardware, coupler, motor and speed control. Prop recommendations at time of sale.

Looks like a fairly simple conversion to me. 50hrs seems a bit exaggerated. The single looks pretty straight forward. A twin would me more time consuming.

Either way I want it rtr trim though. Gona take some time to get funds but shouldn't take a year or nothing.

I would run the little screamers outrunner on this guy if you wanna stick with the stock hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    I would run the little screamers outrunner on this guy if you wanna stick with the stock hardware.
    I have a BIG Little Screamers motor waiting for a big hull.Maybe I should retire my twin EKOS and get the big boy and put the outrunner in it.Anybody know where I can get a 55" bare hull?

I would also consider a blackjack 55 for that motor. A lot deeper inside than the KOS. Not as pretty though.

blackjack 55 you will be disappointed...friend of mine has it and is reallt only good for WOT runs..turns like crap even flips on turns. The KOS is a much better design. He just upgraded to a zanoa 7 hp motor but I can tell you that 4hp brushless will smoke it like nothing else. Stick with the seagad or KOS hull you won't be disappointed. Speaking of power..anyone really know how much HP these lil motors of ours are pushing cause I constalty see people tlaknig bout HP. They do with the Nitro boats so why not these...

Quote Originally Posted by VIKOS View Post
    blackjack 55 you will be disappointed...friend of mine has it and is reallt only good for WOT runs..turns like crap even flips on turns. The KOS is a much better design. He just upgraded to a zanoa 7 hp motor but I can tell you that 4hp brushless will smoke it like nothing else. Stick with the seagad or KOS hull you won't be disappointed. Speaking of power..anyone really know how much HP these lil motors of ours are pushing cause I constalty see people tlaknig bout HP. They do with the Nitro boats so why not these...
    Hmmmm. The blackjack might be too tall and narrow. The segad would be sweet.

None of those hulls handle any good at all.

Handling isn't a big issue for me. We know how much you love the sprintcat rum... I just think it would be fun to have a large twin brushless fast electric cat with the scale appearance of the KOS or Segad paint scheme. Not looking to win any races.

Neither hull can handle much more speed than the stock gas setup. Handling will be more of an issue for you when you flip that huge hull in a turn and it takes a high speed tumble.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumdog View Post
    Neither hull can handle much more speed than the stock gas setup. Handling will be more of an issue for you when you flip that huge hull in a turn and it takes a high speed tumble.
    What cat hull would you recomend for a LittleScreamers motor?Im not going to offically race it in any sanctioning body.Just for play.Of course I want reliability and a strong hull.

Do you need scale looks? What is your budget for hull only?

Scale isnt that important.I just want something that will handle this motor and batteries.I talked to Phil Thomas about on of his 1/8 hydros,but there $575 and I dont think the tub would suit a LS and the required batteries and the Monster esc.

Budget would prob be about $500.

Here ya go. $490.00 for the hull and hardware version. This hull will EASILY handle the power and size of the LS outrunner. Handles chop excellent, and will turn like you wouldn't believe!
    http://www.aeromarinerc.com/index.ph...d=36&Itemid=53

Thats not bad lookin.Ill have to think about that one.Thanks.

I have the smaller 34" version. It is by FAR the best handling boat I've ever run.

So how do you know this?? Not trying to be an ass, but you're making some pretty bold statements. I respect your opinion. Just want to know how you're soo sure these hulls are no good at all. What is your source?

A friend of the family used to have the big gas KOS. It's OK going 35mph in a straight lin, but they don't like to turn at speed. Narrow tunnel, scale looks give scale handling. With even more weight, (FE) it would probably be even worse in the turns. Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIsoOf70I1U

Rum,do you know if that tunnel cat can occomodate 4" rails?I have a mount made by Pete.

Are you thinking of fabbing some rails for the mount? My 34" sprintcat had 5" rails, and I used one of Pete's 1527 mounts. I'd think that the bigger one would have the rails set at just over 5" or so to accomodate a 26cc gasser. You may be able to order w/o rails also. When I converted mine to a twin, I cut out a lot of both rails to get the motors in the sponsons. There's always a way to make it work!
    Last edited by Rumdog; 08-11-2010 at 09:55 PM.

A friend of the family used to have the big gas KOS. It's OK going 35mph in a straight lin, but they don't like to turn at speed. Narrow tunnel, scale looks give scale handling. With even more weight, (FE) it would probably be even worse in the turns. Here is an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIsoOf70I1U
    yah, I guess scale hull=scale speeds. I have seen that vid. The water is a little rough, but it does look pretty tipsy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast