Thread: Today the GPS was Happy !

Default Today the GPS was Happy !

Did some GPS truth-o-meter runs on the Drifter in LSO tune today in prep to defend my record next month at the LA SAW's. Things are looking good there. Figured, oh well, I'll put it in the Delta Force to see how fast she runs. Yikes !!
    Oddly enough this is the same exact speed to the tenth of a mph I was clocked in the Drifter [in P-Offshore trim] last month at the gas/nitro SAW's. Now wait till the SAW's are over & I drop the Neu from the DF in the Drifter !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Dude thats screamin!1

lookin good buddy

dont think I will be able to make it

Quote Originally Posted by wickedgmc View Post

dont think I will be able to make it
    You have a p.m.
    2008 NAMBA P-Mono & P-Offshore Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder; '15 P-Cat, P-Ltd Cat 2-Lap
    2009/2010 NAMBA P-Sport Hydro Nat'l 2-Lap Record Holder, '13 SCSTA P-Ltd Cat High Points
    '11 NAMBA [P-Ltd] : Mono, Offshore, OPC, Sport Hydro; '06 LSO, '12,'13,'14 P Ltd Cat /Mono

Cool

Hey Tony, what classes are you running at the SAWs next month? Other than LSO of course!

Just LSO ! I look forward to meeting you again, & hope some more of your expertise rubs off as it did last time. I'm getting [slightly] better at driving a straight line but your guidance on the driver's stand would again be welcome, for sure !!

Just LSO Tony?

Come out Sunday (10-28), your gonna flip when you see my formally Gray Drifter.

Default re :

I figured to leave p-mono to you-know-who ! :D I'll see you Sunday !

Cool

Just LSO ! I look forward to meeting you again...
    I'll be glad to see all my friends there, the old ones and a few I haven't even met yet! FWIW I think that anyone racing SAWs should plan on running more than a single class - from experience I always run at least two classes at a multi-day SAW event. Remember that you don't have to plan on setting a record with every boat - just getting practice setting up a boat to get through the traps is highly valuable. Bring that P Mono and learn from the best how to set it up...60+ mph monos rock!

Thats a fast boat props, Nice speeds!!!! Good luck racing!
    Fast Electric and Fast Ford's / V8 Mustang Enthusiast

Thanks for the positive comments I'll have the Delta at the SAWS but my main focus is keeping the LSO record, but anything can happen I hope I represent you all well :)

Quote Originally Posted by properchopper View Post
    I figured to leave p-mono to you-know-who ! :D I'll see you Sunday !
    I hope to take down that p mono record!!!! You know who!

Look out for the Q too!!!
    NAMBA #581
    Q mono NAMBA record holder
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

Cool

The NAMBA Mono records are pretty 'soft' compared to the IMPBA records set in Valdosta recently. The IMPBA P Mono record is now 65.65 mph. Q Mono is 66.39 mph. But - N2 is 61 mph! With what I believe to be faster water in LA, can the NAMBA mono records be taken above those set in Georgia? .

This will be the first Namba LA SAWS that will permit the use of Lipo. I fore see many records falling.
    NAMBA #581
    Q mono NAMBA record holder
    'REMEMBER SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE SIMPLY BECAUSE IT IS ILLEGAL TO SHOOT THEM'

Quote Originally Posted by hkusp45 View Post
    This will be the first Namba LA SAWS that will permit the use of Lipo. I fore see many records falling.
    Records will fall , boats will get broken, or equipment will fail .
    Probably a combination of all of the above.
    One thing is for sure, it will be fun.

Good luck guys!, or should I say, break a keel. LOL

Doug
    MODEL BOAT RACER
    IMPBA President
    District 13 Director 2011- present
    IMPBA National Records Director 2009-2019
    IMPBA 19887L CD
    NAMBA 1169

Quote Originally Posted by D.Smock View Post
    boats will get broken, or equipment will fail .
    Probably a combination of all of the above.
    One thing is for sure, it will be fun.
    Now accepting pre-orders for nuked speed controls, smoked motors, puffed packs, and frazzled nerves ! But will we have fun ? Yeah Buddy

Thanks for the encouragement !