Thread: Mini Cat Jollymotor Offshore

Default Mini Cat Jollymotor Offshore

Anyone have any info on this boat. Is it a durable boat? Speed/stability/quality?

I have one..It is a durable 3S boat. IMO, will not compete with a SV if that is your goal. Nice graphics and scale like appearence.
    Boats don't win races, drivers do.

I have one that I ran in Yellow Stone Lake, yup, the one in the National Park. Water was rough, didn't bother her one bit. I like the boat and since I don't race I can't say anything about its speed vs. other boats. But you won't be dissapointed and one time the prop caught a plastic trash bag , unfortunately the only way to get the boat back was to force drive her back. By the time i opened the hatch the water that's inside was boiling! I waited for her to cool down and fully expected the motor and ESC won'twork any more, much to my delight they not only worked but ran as well as it did before. I called Jim and ordered a spare just in case... Too bad MiniCat doesn't carry them any more. Now there is a similar boat but with self-righting ability on another website: NitroRCX.com. It is the same boat plus this feature.