Thread: Trim tab question....

Default Trim tab question....

Just got a 27R and was wondering about the 2 rear trim tabs. The bottoms are NOT flush with the bottom of the hull. They are factory attached about 3/32" up from the bottom. Is this correct ??? I can easily elongate the screw holes and drop them down so they are flush. Should I do this ??? Thanks for any help on this.

Stringfly <>+++++

This pic from Aquacraft's website show them as you describe. I changed-out mine for the adjustable tabs and they now sit flush to the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

Most racers install the tabs slightly above the hull bottom. This gives less drag, especially if you don't need them adjusted down much. I always install mine with the bottom edge 1/16" above the transom bottom. Less drag = more speed.

ERROR 403 - This is not the page you are looking for

Thanks guys... will leave them as is until I run.

Stringfly <>+++++

Are you using the stock prop ?? For the first run tuck under the rudder to make the boat much more stable and easier to drive.
    Prince 25 8XL,Delta force 29 8XL, SV27,Rio 51,Mini Rio,Stock Miss Geico m445,ERBE,Baja 5B SS, Hyper ST, Castle Emaxx.

Yes...stock prop at first but have a Grim 3 and 2 blade for it. Thanks, will do that for first run.

Stringfly <>+++