Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pro Boat or Aquacraft...

Default Pro Boat or Aquacraft...

I have a SV-27. The ESC doesn't work any more.
    Should I buy a SV27 old style just like I had that died, a new style SV27r 45 amp ESC, a 60 amp UL-1 ESC or a Pro Boat 45 amp ESC.

The boat is stock, NiMh batts, I just drive for fun, no racing so stock top speed is plenty. I'm leaning toward the pro boat because it has a switch and I don't have to re sync the radio every time. Any opinions???

Quote Originally Posted by Elkenamino View Post
    I have a SV-27. The ESC doesn't work any more.
    Should I buy a SV27 old style just like I had that died, a new style SV27r 45 amp ESC, a 60 amp UL-1 ESC or a Pro Boat 45 amp ESC.

The boat is stock, NiMh batts, I just drive for fun, no racing so stock top speed is plenty. I'm leaning toward the pro boat because it has a switch and I don't have to re sync the radio every time. Any opinions???
    The sv27 and sv27r are the exact same esc, just a different water cooling jacket and a larger capacitor. May I ask how it died? It if was a manufactor issue AQ will replace if you contact them. To be honest I wouldn't buy any of those. I would grab a seaking 60amp esc with a programming card http://www.kintecracing.com/Electrical.html. The ul-1 controller isn't going to work to well because if your running 6 cell Nimh packs unless their top notch quality packs the lvc is going to keep kicking in and their isn't any programming you can do to disable the lvc. Plus with the seaking if you do make the jump to lipo's down the road you have a lipo ready esc that you can quickly program already in your boat. JMO
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

What do you think of the pro boat ESC. My local hobie store has them in stock. It can be altered with a programing card also.
    Is there any warrenty on the seaking ESC's? Are they a reliable company/product?

What do you think of the pro boat ESC. My local hobie store has them in stock. It can be altered with a programing card also.
    Is there any warrenty on the seaking ESC's? Are they a reliable company/product?
    The proboat esc is good as well. The seaking's are a little cheaper can handle more volts and amps and are great IMO. A lot of guys here including myself run seaking or turnigy marine esc's. (turnigy marines are seakings with a different label). If you have a problem with a esc, just contact the person you got it from and they will normally replace it. I just rather get more for my money which is what you get with the seaking. A lot of guys even run $200+ Neu/Castle motors with a $90Seaking esc, they are really a great bang for the buck.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Thank you for your opinions. I will look into ordering a seaking. I see it has a lower cell starting point Would my stock brushless motor work (slower of course) with a six or seven cell batt? I was wondering about 2 six cells in paralell instead of series. Just wondering...

Thank you for your opinions. I will look into ordering a seaking. I see it has a lower cell starting point Would my stock brushless motor work (slower of course) with a six or seven cell batt? I was wondering about 2 six cells in paralell instead of series. Just wondering...
    Yes it will work fine with your brushless motor, no your boat would not run right with 2 6cells in parallel that's only 7.2v, prob wouldn't even get on plane. You need at least 14v for the stock motor to run good. Rpm is voltage x kv rating. With 2 6cells in parallel on the stock 1800kv motor (which is really more like 1600kv) thats only 12,960 rpm not even close to enough. You need around 23k-28k rpm for sport boating which is what you want to do.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

thanks.

thanks.
    No problem, just read the instructions for throttle calibrate (real easy) and arming may be different. I would suggest changing the stock radio. With a tatic radio and a new seaking esc you could have a nice running sport boat for very little money in upgrades. Just sugestions.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I found a couple web sites that sell the seaking and turnigy ESC's most are 55 to 60 dollars with 5 to 6 dollars shipping. The local store has the proboat for 69.99 plus tax so the ones you suggested are higher amps and cost less. Do they have terminals on the wires?
    I have a multi-channel JR radio that I was thinking of buying another receiver for to run the boat on. I would really hate to drop my transmitter in the lake cuz all my cars and trucks would be screwed, so I havent switched it yet, but I did give it some thought.

Excellent advice Diesel6401, I have to replace my stock Aquacraft ESC three times, the last time I actually sent my SV back to Aquacraft for repair.......the problem once again the ESC. Aquacraft's ESCs are not good and that's includes the new one in the recent SVR. I purchased an Seaking 60amp from Kintecracing .......no more ESC problems. Also I was running my boat on MiNH..........don't they are crap!!!.......go Lipo and your SV will run better.

Three times???? That sucks.
    I have been considering lipos but it is a large $$ commitment with charger, ballancer, batts all in one purchase.

Diesel, with the seaking 60amp ESC, do you use a LVC or used the programming card to set the low voltage cutoff threshold?

Yes, I just went lipo this past week and the cost for the charger turnigy accucel-8 , batteries Turnigy 5000mAH@2 and power supply for the charger total almost 180.00 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaSV27 View Post
    Diesel, with the seaking 60amp ESC, do you use a LVC or used the programming card to set the low voltage cutoff threshold?
    I dont have a 60 i have the 180 but they all use the same programming card. I set the esc voltage cut-off on the esc. i think i use 3.4v per cell. i always try and time my runs so i never hit the cut-off. its not good on the batts to hit the cut-off evertime
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I found a couple web sites that sell the seaking and turnigy ESC's most are 55 to 60 dollars with 5 to 6 dollars shipping. The local store has the proboat for 69.99 plus tax so the ones you suggested are higher amps and cost less. Do they have terminals on the wires?
    I have a multi-channel JR radio that I was thinking of buying another receiver for to run the boat on. I would really hate to drop my transmitter in the lake cuz all my cars and trucks would be screwed, so I havent switched it yet, but I did give it some thought.
    No connectors installed on either end. I suggest getting some 5.5mm bullets

If its a stick radio you may need to buy is Pistix with it, if it is a pistal radio it will work fine
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

This looks pretty nice for the price? http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...=hef-sword-120

Or I like the castle ICE 100 but it's a little more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Koblitz View Post
    This looks pretty nice for the price? http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...=hef-sword-120

Or I like the castle ICE 100 but it's a little more expensive.
    I have a aquastar (same esc) its ok, doesnt have the burst rating like a seaking does though and sometimes it can be a pain to calibrate.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

120 amp esc is overkill for my setup. I'm going with the 60 amp esc.

I went out and bought a new ESC finally, installed it last night. Greased the shaft tonight. Working as designed now. Will go run the boat this weekend.

Default pic's

I went out and bought a new ESC finally, installed it last night. Greased the shaft tonight. Working as designed now. Will go run the boat this weekend.
    I hope you are going to get some vid's or picture's of the run,I am happy to no that there is a person like diesel on this forum that can help us all!

New ESC works great. Boat runs just fine again!!!!

diesel what do think about a feigao 540 9XL 1,853 RPM for the sv27? i have a turnigy 60 i could use with it?

Quote Originally Posted by onegreenray View Post
    diesel what do think about a feigao 540 9XL 1,853 RPM for the sv27? i have a turnigy 60 i could use with it?
    The motor would work nicely in a SV, but that 60amp esc is not enough for it. According to the motor chart that motor can pull a max of 74amps, but under load with a prop it may exceed that. A seaking/turnigy 120 or a swordfish/aquastar 120 would be needed. You could get away with a 90 amp esc, but I would jump to the 120 if it was my boat I would jump to the 120. JMHO of course. That motor with grim 42x55 on 4s maybe even 5s should run good, make sure you take the time to set the boat up real good. Make sure the trim tabs are good and neutral, round off the lower leading edge and the bottom of the rudder to dump excess lift and tuck the rudder in (negative), those tips will help settle the transom down and allow the boat to run much much better!
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

thx diesel

Quote Originally Posted by CHUD View Post
    I hope you are going to get some vid's or picture's of the run,I am happy to no that there is a person like diesel on this forum that can help us all!
    thx diesel
    No problem guys, glad I could help. I don't know much, but I will share the little I know. Happy Boating & get some vids
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

I'll try to get one this weekend of the geico cat with a deck mounted camera.

thx again bro you and wizard have been a great help all this summer since i got my sv27 and now the geico cat. this hobby is an addiction...lol.

I'll try to get one this weekend of the geico cat with a deck mounted camera.

thx again bro you and wizard have been a great help all this summer since i got my sv27 and now the geico cat. this hobby is an addiction...lol.

Tell me about it, I got 9 boats in like 10 months in hobby.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Yea Diesel...and I got 6 in the same amount of time....and goodness..... you seemed to have mastered the ins and outs quite well! I am mainly a nitro guy....and am leaning towards a FE....probably a SV 27 since I already have the nitro version....

Quote Originally Posted by res3567 View Post
    Yea Diesel...and I got 6 in the same amount of time....and goodness..... you seemed to have mastered the ins and outs quite well! I am mainly a nitro guy....and am leaning towards a FE....probably a SV 27 since I already have the nitro version....
    Yea change that 9 to 10, got another one a few days after that post....lol
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

So aquacraft SV27 esc's suck? I am about to buy a used SV set up for a little SW26 boat i have laying around. You guys that own SV27's think i should buy a almost new SV27 ESC and Motor or should I go to HobbyKing for Seaking/Turnigy set ups?

Guy i selling the setup for $75.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast