Thread: RIO Rescue Boat

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RIO Rescue Boat

I get a lot of questions and PM's about the RIO Rescue boat I have So I thought I would list some pics for those who want to build a similar set-up. If you never seen the vid check it out in my signature. I currently use both a Apache 24 and the Rio Ep. The apache handles a lot better with the steerable outdrive. and I use the same rig for both boats. The are attached to the boat with bungi cables

Apache: I use a Traxxas xl-5 esc with stock motor, prop and servo with a 6cell nimh.

Rio: I use the same xl-5 esc with the stock motor and prop with a upgraded servo and a 7cell hump pack (7cell stick will not work). I also attached a few grams of weight to the back of the boat under the lip on the outside of the boat to help keep the prop under and to get it to bite better. In the vid you can hear the prop kinda catching air so the weight helped a lot.

*I would not use the stock esc on either boat ESPECIALLY NOT THE STOCK RIO ESC. Putting big loads on the motor is not the best but stock motors on either boat are very very cheap. The xl-5 I do not water cool only the motor is water cooled.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"