Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shockwave prop

Default shockwave prop

was thinkin bout up grading my prop on my brushless shockwave 26 to a metal one should i stick to a 2 blade or ould a 3 be better and does anybody know which ones would fit as a stock replacement dont want to go bigger

For a metal prop i think a y535 is about as close the stock prop your going to get http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...?prod=oct-y535. I think it's 1/8 drive on that boat.

FYI that prop needs to be sharpend and balanced.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

Guys say the X435 is a good prop for it.
    :p What go faster that's what I like to do!
    Custom RC radio steering grips
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

are you using the stock ESC? Lipo's? If so don't get the X535 as it will kill the ESC, read the thread on the Shockwave 26 brushless started by Darrin, a few people tried it and burnt the esc

You should ditch the esc anyways. Stock esc is garbage if you look at that thing the wrong way esc is really limiting any potential that boay may have JMHO
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    You should ditch the esc anyways. Stock esc is garbage if you look at that thing the wrong way esc is really limiting any potential that boay may have JMHO
    I replaced mine with a 60A seaking, I still sent the stock one back to be replaced, I'm sure I will find something to use it in. I also had to replace the motor as the shaft is bent, I replaced it with a 3300KV Turnigy.

Quote Originally Posted by turbonutt View Post
    I replaced mine with a 60A seaking, I still sent the stock one back to be replaced, I'm sure I will find something to use it in. I also had to replace the motor as the shaft is bent, I replaced it with a 3300KV Turnigy.
    Smart man, put that stocker in the swap shop or on flebay use that money for another seaking

How's that turnigy working out for ya?
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

How's that turnigy working out for ya?
    couldn't tell ya. I've had it in the boat for 2 weeks now but haven't been able to try it yet because of a bent prop shaft. I don't have a clue how I managed to do it but I bought a new one, PRB2507 according to the manual, and it's too short! Product support says the right part is PRB2813, they kind of talked down to me saying that there are 2 different Blackjack 26's, nitro and electric and the 2507 is for the nitro. I replied saying thank you but are you sure that is the right part for the SHOCKWAVE 26 brushless I asked about, that was last week and they haven't got back to me yet. lol I did order the 2813 anyway, $6 and it will be in tomorrow.

yeah my stock esc went up in shortly after i got it horizon is sending me a new one but i think im gonna be puttin it up for sale since i ordered a 105amp one,also found out after the esc burnted up my shaft was also bent,so me and a buddy made a new shaft and stuffing tube it turns very smooth now,got to test run it the other day with my buddys esc and the boat runs way better than it did out of the box,was not very impressed with itout of the box ,but with a lil work it is a nice,fast boat

Hey guys, another cheap prop to try is the octura y534 plastic prop. Obviously no speed improvements but if you are looking for a cheap prop just mess around with.. it works pretty good. It took about 10 runs to break but bought a bunch from here so have plenty in reserve. Broke 2 stock props within 5 minutes.

Also, got a X435 2 blade and it works great. I have had no esc problems (knock wood), just some adjustments to the driveshaft but nothing major. I am a newbie to the hobby and am hooked. If you want check out a vid I put together of it running, here you go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO98P...eature=channel
    Last edited by tunnelvision; 07-29-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Default esc ?

What 60 amp esc did you use one for two bat set up or what?

it's a 60A Seaking V.2. It is still running the single 2 cell lipo, the only difference is that it doesn't after running for 45 seconds.

Default esc ?

Was it fairly easy to program?

it came programmed for lipo's and the other parameters seemed ok. You need the programming card/box to change anything (usually $10 shipped) and they are real easy to program with it.

it came programmed for lipo's and the other parameters seemed ok. You need the programming card/box to change anything (usually $10 shipped) and they are real easy to program with it.
    You can also program that esc from you're transmitter.

I was thinking of buying the seaking 35amp esc as i am using this in my brushless apache 24 with a 3300KV motor on 3s and it always runs cool under 100Deg.

and its only like $35.00 bucks yes you can set them by the radio also
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

I think a 35-amp speedo is way too small for that motor.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    You can also program that esc from you're transmitter.
    I appreciate the input,I think i'm going to buy one.

I think a 35-amp speedo is way too small for that motor.
    That's what's in my apache guy's say that the 35 amp esc is way under rated I never had it heat up once yet.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

What kind of motor is that 3300kv? If you find the continuous amp rating of that motor(say 40amps or so) then you should run a 60 amp speed control. You're 35 amp speed control is good for a motor that puts out about 25amps. I dont see a 3300kv brushless motor putting out less than 40-50 amps. But hey! If its working for you, then more power to ya!

What kind of motor is that 3300kv? If you find the continuous amp rating of that motor(say 40amps or so) then you should run a 60 amp speed control. You're 35 amp speed control is good for a motor that puts out about 25amps. I dont see a 3300kv brushless motor putting out less than 40-50 amps. But hey! If its working for you, then more power to ya!
    I read some place guy's say they can run at 60 amp loads? who know alls good now though with the 3300KV
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Default stock props trouble

This morning I run my ShockWave 26BL with Protek 2S5000mAh40C Li-Po.
    Although she was so fast yet stable, the prop broke twice: the blades disappeared at high speed straight run.

My setting is not correct?

Any advice or tips are all welcome.

Thanks in advance,

cvlex

#It was a bit too hot this morning in my country, about 86 to 90 degree F.
    #This is my first racing boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cvlex View Post
    This morning I run my ShockWave 26BL with Protek 2S5000mAh40C Li-Po.
    Although she was so fast yet stable, the prop broke twice: the blades disappeared at high speed straight run.

My setting is not correct?

Any advice or tips are all welcome.

Thanks in advance,

cvlex

#It was a bit too hot this morning in my country, about 86 to 90 degree F.
    #This is my first racing boat.
    Nope nothing wrong the stock blades are crap!! you can use these one guy says they last longer octura y534 plastic prop and for faster speed and a prop that will never break octura X435 but you will have to balance and sharpen it so you may as well buy one already balanced and sharpened.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Yup, that stock plastic prop will shed the blades with the rpm you're spinning. Time to upgrade! Stick with carbon filled or metal.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    Nope nothing wrong the stock blades are crap!! you can use these one guy says they last longer octura y534 plastic prop and for faster speed and a prop that will never break octura X435 but you will have to balance and sharpen it so you may as well buy one already balanced and sharpened.

I agree, the stock plastic prop is crap. Mine broke immediately on its maiden voyage, running in a straight line in clean water. I replaced it with an X435 and she's been happy ever since.

Thanks Sweet28 and T-Man.

I replaced the stock prop with octura x435. Although it was a bit too hard for me to trim, balance and sharpen the prop, now my ShockWave 26 runs very well. The rooster-tail is beautiful and the top speed increases, IMHO.

You may find my boat at 00:00-00:10 and 03:06-03:18 in the following vid.

Thanks again,

cvlex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9g1QKVUol4
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cvlex; 08-17-2010 at 08:38 AM.
    AQ Mini Rio (BL upgraded), Reef Racer 2(BL upgraded), PB Impulse 31, Miss Geico 29BL w. OSE upgrade flex cable and x642, ShockWave 26BL w. JETI Advance 50 Navy and x435, Tenshock Mini Eco, Starship (AKA Mini-Y)

I bought a seaking,now I can actually run the boat. Got a balanced y535 it will keep up with BJ 26 on the straits pretty cool. Easy to program from transmitter to.Thanx for the info.

what model seaking did you buy?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sjt View Post
    I bought a seaking,now I can actually run the boat. Got a balanced y535 it will keep up with BJ 26 on the straits pretty cool. Easy to program from transmitter to.Thanx for the info.
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by SweetZ28 View Post
    what model seaking did you buy?
    Thanks
    seaking 60 V2 going to order another.I liked it so much for bj 26 i have maybe the 120 dk, so far so good

O Ok I have a seaking 35amp version it's nice also .
    WWW.PPRSLOTS.COM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast