Thread: Turnigy lipo in wildcat??

Default Turnigy lipo in wildcat??

Anyone run a lipo pack with in a stock mini wildcat? I bought a Turnigy 1600mah 2-cell lipo for the wildcat and gained a ton of speed. No gps but its almost as fast as my rio ep. I bet I gained about 3-4mph over the 1600mah duratrax 7.2v nimh pack I was using. Just gotta be careful not to run it too long without a cutoff.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    Anyone run a lipo pack with in a stock mini wildcat? I bought a Turnigy 1600mah 2-cell lipo for the wildcat and gained a ton of speed. No gps but its almost as fast as my rio ep. I bet I gained about 3-4mph over the 1600mah duratrax 7.2v nimh pack I was using. Just gotta be careful not to run it too long without a cutoff.
    Did the stock ESC get hot with this battery ? I was going to try this or pick up a set of Insane 370 motors and see if the stock ESC could be modified to have larger wires to handle the bigger motors.

Nope the esc handles it just fine. You just have to watch your run times. It runs great!

Nope the esc handles it just fine. You just have to watch your run times. It runs great!

What kind of SAFE run times are you getting out of the 1600mah packs?

Later
    Mike

About 8-10 minutes so far.

very cool ! Now 1600 2S lipo + insane 370 motors....hmmm

I'm so glad I read this. I'm still using the stock 1100mah pack. Its for a long while now that wanted to buy a lipo pack. The reason I did not as yet was because Aquacraft in a mail to me confirmed that you should not use a lipo pack in the boat. Wonder why? just look how good yours is working. I wonder what they feel wont last with the 7.4V pack? The motors, the esc or the receiver?

Can't one get a sort of a warning system to bring the boat in?

Hey Scott,
    This is Jason, the one that bought this from you... I would love to run a lipo with inline LVC.... Since it's already been rub on lipo, and the esc held up, what were you running??? The same setup you sent?? If so, that would be cool.... What size lipo, and how fast were you running, and what was the runtime.... My 9 year old daughter is bored of it, and will only run it in the pool... Any info would be appreciated... I was worried I would kill the esc/rx.... Thanx, Jason ....

Yup, I got a turnigy 1300mah 2s lipo from Hobbyking for about 8-bucks. Big difference over nimh batteries. You just have to be aware of how long you run the boat as not to over discharge the lipo. I ran it for about 5-minutes, then re-charge the batt and see how much mah goes back into the battery. over discharging the lipo will ruin the battery. You shouldn't use more than 80% of the capacity.

Had a mini wildcat a while back. Stock was far too slow for me when my buddy got a sv27 to join me on the water.
    So, it was time for Lipo. Had no 2s packs that'd fit. Went with my smallest pack, an 1800mah 3s!

The esc/rx unit survived just fine for the short time I ran it, for anyone wondering. The motors, however, did not. One cut out after just a few passes & then the boat would only run in circles with the 1 remaining motor working. Got it to run again, but then another 2 passes and the 1 motor stopped again. Motor was done after that.
    Curious though, because the motor that didn't quit just kept working fine running the boat in circles for quite a while.

But heck, it was pretty fun for those few passes.
    [B]/ Custom Carbon Composite 28" Mono (Video)
    Sprintcat 29 (Mid-Build) / Blackjack 29 V3