Thread: Can I use the interneal BEC with 4S lipos?

Default Can I use the interneal BEC with 4S lipos?

Hi,
    Just converted my fastech to lipos (4S). Can I still use the internal BEC from the ESC or do I need to run a pack or UBEC to the receiver/servo?

Chief

Yes, the stock ESC is rated and 4S ready. you only need to run external bec if you go higher than 4S.
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Thanks sir! Just saved me from cutting a wire...

Funny how this little 45A ESC can handle 4S, but the castle creation 240A can only handle 3S!

Chief

they say it is way under rated. I don't mean to suggest anything, but I have run it on 6S with internal BEC and had no problem... in my twin cat going nearly 60mph. BUT I have also fried several of them on 6S w/internal BEC in monos... stinky. If you want to go higher voltage, you must either turn down timing, or use external BEC. And you don't need to cut - you can remove wire from plug or get a 6" extender and cut the wire in that.

Not sure which CC ESC you mean, I thought they were 6S rated...
    "Look good doin' it"
    See the fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse J View Post
    they say it is way under rated. I don't mean to suggest anything, but I have run it on 6S with internal BEC and had no problem... in my twin cat going nearly 60mph. BUT I have also fried several of them on 6S w/internal BEC in monos... stinky. If you want to go higher voltage, you must either turn down timing, or use external BEC. And you don't need to cut - you can remove wire from plug or get a 6" extender and cut the wire in that.

Not sure which CC ESC you mean, I thought they were 6S rated...
    The Hydra 240A (standard model) is only 3S rated on the BEC-- it is in the manual and there was also a thread on it.

Chief