Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rio 51 conversion

Same for me. I had a shockwave 55 that I really liked, but the fisherman where I ran really hated it. So I ended up getting rid of it. Now that I have a little more f.e. experience under my belt, I'd like to do a larger scale brushless build.

Same its also kinda choppy most the time so the supervee is upside down the whole time. I think the Rio would be a great base for an Fe boat.
    Prince 25 8XL,Delta force 29 8XL, SV27,Rio 51,Mini Rio,Stock Miss Geico m445,ERBE,Baja 5B SS, Hyper ST, Castle Emaxx.

You don't have to go that big to have a boat that stays right side up in the chop. The SV is a Very unstble hull at speed. It needs to be driven well to stay right side up, even on glass. There are a lot of smaller scale hulls that will do well in a bit of chop.

You can get the older version of the rio 51 fairly cheap now that the updated version is out. I like the hull design. I know there are other boats that are smaller and probably will handle better. I just like "wow" factor of a big hull.

Im getting a Delta force 29 knock off that I hope will handle the chop a lot better.
    Prince 25 8XL,Delta force 29 8XL, SV27,Rio 51,Mini Rio,Stock Miss Geico m445,ERBE,Baja 5B SS, Hyper ST, Castle Emaxx.

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    You can get the older version of the rio 51 fairly cheap now that the updated version is out. I like the hull design. I know there are other boats that are smaller and probably will handle better. I just like "wow" factor of a big hull.
    I had mine out yesterday and WOW!
    not fast righ now but like you, I love the wow factor of this big hull
    and it handled very well, turns are awesome!
    and you can run this big sucker in some big shop
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

Quote Originally Posted by Brushless55 View Post
    I will buddy
    I really would love to find a different muffler for it to get a bit more power out of the G260PUM motor
    20-25min runtimes should be a hoot
    I'm going to break in the motor sometime this Saturday
    Try a CC racing Powermaster Pipe. They are a little pricey but the one I have runs great on my stock Zen. They are made out of aluminum and the two inch band gives the motor a wider power band which makes it a bit easier to tune. Great for a gas newbie like myself.

http://www.cc-racingengines.com/inde...hk=1&Itemid=53

Quote Originally Posted by Nautiboyz View Post
    Try a CC racing Powermaster Pipe. They are a little pricey but the one I have runs great on my stock Zen. They are made out of aluminum and the two inch band gives the motor a wider power band which makes it a bit easier to tune. Great for a gas newbie like myself.

http://www.cc-racingengines.com/inde...hk=1&Itemid=53
    do I just need to put a hole in the back of the boat to exit the exhaust?
    .NAMBA20...Caterpillar UL-1, P-Spec OM29, P-Mono DF33, P-Spec JAE, Aussie 33" Hydro-LSH, Sprintcat CC2028 on 8s, PT SS45 Q Hydro, PS295 UL-1 power, OSE Brothers Outlaw QMono 4-sale, Rio 51z CC2028 on 8s

You can cut a hole in the transom or cut out the cowling, or do a little of both. It depends on how far the motor is mounted from the transom and whether or not you mind running the pipe on the outside. On my Sniper, the transom is just too small to run the pipe under the cowling. Mounting the pipe on the outside keeps the air under the cowl cooler and allows a header with less bends which will give you more power. But those that do not race may think the pipe looks butt ugly. I got used to it. LOL
    Attached Images Attached Images

That does look kinda cool..
    I would rather have the pipe hid under the cowl

How does it sound with the stock exaust?? Fairly quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    How does it sound with the stock exaust?? Fairly quiet?
    it sounds like a very strong weed wacker
    I ran it rich on the HS and 10:1 oil mix

Back to FE what mount would work with the little screamers ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12