Thread: Bearing Replacement.

Default Bearing Replacement.

Can anyone please give me the procedure for dismantling the SV27 motor to replace the bearings. I've googled & searched here, it but can't find anything.
    Thanks.
    Paul.

The front (shaft side) plate screws off. CCW looking at the shaft. The rear end plate is glued on. Holding the motor in the palm of your hand, output shaft down, you can tap the motor shaft in a block of wood and drive the rear plate off but you must remove the one roll pin retainer out first. There is a pin as well on the front plate too. OSE has the bearings.

John
    Change is the one Constant

I never take the wire end off the motor, I support the bearing housing from the inside with a long socket that has a larger slightly ID than the bearing OD and use a punch or similar tool to tap the bearing from outside to inside . That way the housing is supported .
    I have found that if you beat on these endbells to much they will bend thus putting the bearings out of alignment, it doesn't take much I have seen motors with bent endbell just from not running a thrust bearing at the Colet.
    hope this helps?
    T.C.

Thanks guys.
    Much appreciated.
    Paul.