Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Radio

Darin, it would be great if that receiver was offered in a marine version...real time telemetry...brilliant

Douggie

Quote Originally Posted by T.S.Davis View Post
    We have a really great local hobby store that will swap the factory RX out for a marine. He's probably not supposed to but he moves so much product that it doesn't hurt him and he gets a little love from us boat turds.

Darin, the 200 is fine looking product. I ripped the coating off of one the prototypes I sponged off Dave. It was conformal coated. Didn't have the case then. Got wet. Wrecked it.
    I don't have that option here in OZ.

This just happened to me this past weekend. I misplaced an MR3000 in my shop...looked everywhere. Yesterday my wife comes walking up to me and says, "what is this?"

Turns out it fell into my dirty towel pile in my shop. My wife, who has never done this before, went out to the garage and picked up my dirty towel pile and did a load of laundry. She found the MR3000 after it went through the washer.

It still works, but I may need to replace the long antenna as the top portion of the insulation looks cracked.

The weekend prior, I blew off a cooling line inside of my my P rigger. The tub was filled with water and the MR3000 was submerged. The boat came back to shore without a hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by D. Newland View Post
    It still works, but I may need to replace the long antenna as the top portion of the insulation looks cracked.

Good Stuff, David!

If it's just the "silver" portion at the top of the antenna, I believe that, if this portion gets broken or cut off, you can just strip the gray part down to expose 31mm of the silver again and be back in action. (Might have been 32mm... Maybe Andy can confirm).

That last portion (silver part) is the actual antenna part. The rest is just length to get it up out of the hull.
    Darin E. Jordan - Renton, WA
    "Self-proclaimed skill-less leader in the hobby."

Exposed part is 30-31mm. Just remove the outer shield/insulation (gray). Remove more (35mm or so) and then trim it to length.

Andy
    Spektrum Development Team

Good tip!

I'm glad I got my WTF moments out of my system before the Nat's!

Thanks guys DX3S purchased...Sorry Steven I got a better price up in the frozen north but I put a watch for the MR200 receivers on your site and will purchase when you have stock.

Douggie

Received my new DX3S today...impressed.....good manual....and Steven thanks for shipping some MR200rx and other goodies within 12 hours of receiving an order..you are the man. Darin, a telemetry marine receiver with a 400 foot range would be awesome. I will corrosion X the telemetry supplied Rx and give that a go also or will that chemical eat the board?

Douggie

Douggie I have been thinking about getting one myself. Keep us informed of how things go.
    IMPBA 20481S D-12

Chuck, the only negative I see so far without it being powered up is a very light trigger pressure response to off neutral position.

Douggie

You don't like hair triggers? I'm the exact opposite. When I touch the trigger I want it to start, and continue changing right up until I run out of pull on the trigger.

CorrosionX is hard on the insulation of the wires. Try to keep the wires shielded when spraying it. My choice is still 3M DP270 epoxy.

Andy

Andy, as you get older a hair trigger is not a good thing! "woops dear I did not mean to shoot you"
    I like a linear and resistive response to my feeble finger movements and once I have received my MR200 Rx from OSE and installed one in my new hydro, I will give some feedback.

Douggie

Guess I have a ways to go - I'm only 46.

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12