Thread: Flex Shafts

Post Flex Shafts

Okay not gonna scribe this in stone but i think the stock apache drive shaft is what 3/16? what size flex shaft is that can i get something that fits in the stock stuffing tube? Would i be better off just installing the blackjack 26 stuffing tube and flex shaft? i dont know to much about drive shafts and flex cables lol

Sorry that I am not able to provide any guidance. As one with an Apache, I am curious what you ended up doing.

i took a pair of pliers and twisted the old stuffing tube out then broke out the rest of the epoxy in the stuffing box and replaced it with a .150 cable with liner and stuffing tube. Works alot better. Ive had so much power in this hull ive punched it at a dead stop and it just barrel rolls. No forward action at all just roll. i had 4s and a feigao 7xl with a 120 seaking on the stock 1.4x45 prop (i think thats the stock one).
    I believe it's my god-given right, To destroy everything in my sight. Cause it never gets dull, it never gets old. The only thing it gets is more bold. Drinkin', fightin', going to the game. In our world it's a way to stay sane. If you're asking me. To have it my way, I'd say that's One fine day. ---- The Offspring

Im running .098 w/o nylon tubing. But because the prop shaft is 1/8" you'll have to mod where the old was.
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...oct-oc098L-24c