Thread: 12xl or 13xl

Arrow 12xl or 13xl

hi guys,
    12xl or 13xl for the fastech? i've got no idea for a new motor! i want a motor more stronger than stock motor for run in 4s

12xl on 4s is only approx 21,000 rpm and a 13xl is only around 19,800 rpm that's not alot of rpm. If you wanna run 4s try more like a 8xl or even a 9xl. Or set the motor timing on your fastech to high and run 5s stock.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet
    "It is easier to be wise for others than for ourselves"

I'd go with Diesel's suggestion of the 9xl. Although You're stock proboat motor is a strong proven motor with a 4-pole design that creates more torque than a comparable feigao. I like the 5s suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    I'd go with Diesel's suggestion of the 9xl. Although You're stock proboat motor is a strong proven motor with a 4-pole design that creates more torque than a comparable feigao. I like the 5s suggestion!
    I think its a 6 pole and strong/prove is dead on. Run 5s on it
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel6401 View Post
    I think its a 6 pole and strong/prove is dead on. Run 5s on it
    ok but yet when i see video of similar boat of my fastech, for example the sv 27 with a motor 2300kv and 4s lipo i've got the impression it's more faster!

Quote Originally Posted by xxxrems38xxx View Post
    ok but yet when i see video of similar boat of my fastech, for example the sv 27 with a motor 2300kv and 4s lipo i've got the impression it's more faster!
    It prob is faster. 2300kv on 4s is 34,040 rpm(2300kv x 14.8v)

Your stock fastech is only 1500 or so kv on 4s thats only 22,200rpm. Your lacking rpm. Target range for rpm should be 28k-35k or soo. Your coming up short. Drop a 5s system in it and run 27,750rpm with the right prop it should scoot right along nicely. I would save my money and run 5s if I was you. I have a BJ same motor and if I don't sell it im running 5s on stock system screw paying for a motor. The motors you picked will not run very well 4s. If you want to run 4s your going to need to go with a higher kv. something in the 1800 to 2200kv range

Rpm = "kv" x voltage
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

It prob is faster. 2300kv on 4s is 34,040 rpm(2300kv x 14.8v)

Your stock fastech is only 1500 or so kv on 4s thats only 22,200rpm. Your lacking rpm. Target range for rpm should be 28k-35k or soo. Your coming up short. Drop a 5s system in it and run 27,750rpm with the right prop it should scoot right along nicely. I would save my money and run 5s if I was you. I have a BJ same motor and if I don't sell it im running 5s on stock system screw paying for a motor. The motors you picked will not run very well 4s. If you want to run 4s your going to need to go with a higher kv. something in the 1800 to 2200kv range

Rpm = "kv" x voltage
    yeeaaahh thanks very much for advice Diesel!!! I couldn 't understand this history has kv voltage and you're my favorite teacher! of course I want to stay in 4s which motor you advice me?

yeeaaahh thanks very much for advice Diesel!!! I couldn 't understand this history has kv voltage and you're my favorite teacher! of course I want to stay in 4s which motor you advice me?
    If im your favorite teacher your in deep ! lol

Depends on your price range really. If you want the more cost affordable route a fegiao 8xl or 9xl as listed before would suite you and maybe a octura x642 prop. I would lay-up and prob say a 9xl maybe better suited. I think I read somewhere that the proboat 1500kv motors are actually under-rated and are more like 1600kv or something like that. It's in the proboat section some where. Your gonna need a new speed controller with as well, your current which is 45amp I think, is not going to work. A seaking 120amp should work nicely.

http://www.kintecracing.com/Electrical.html
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...-540XL&cat=116

If you want a more expensive set up
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...series&cat=134
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...d=cas-hydra240 or a seaking 180 found on kintecs page.

May I ask why you want to stay in the 4s range? Just curious. Happy boating...

I found what I was talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darin Jordan View Post
    Nope... the BJ motor tests around 1625-1650 actual KV. The SV27 around 1525-1550KV... I haven't tested this new one for actual KV, but it's a new wind, and should be 1800KV or more. I'll try to setup my test bench again one of these days to get the actual numbers... It's definitely a new motor wind. I had them annodize it and the ESC a different color so they'd be easier to differentiate.

electric - The internal dimensions of the battery tray (Width and Height) are 2 3/8" and 2 3/8". There is right at 1" between the bottom of the tray and the bottom of the ESC platform as well. A 2S pack or a 6-cell NiMH pack will slide up under there...
    Last edited by Diesel6401; 07-16-2010 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Added information
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

If im your favorite teacher your in deep ! lol

Depends on your price range really. If you want the more cost affordable route a fegiao 8xl or 9xl as listed before would suite you and maybe a octura x642 prop. I would lay-up and prob say a 9xl maybe better suited. I think I read somewhere that the proboat 1500kv motors are actually under-rated and are more like 1600kv or something like that. It's in the proboat section some where. Your gonna need a new speed controller with as well, your current which is 45amp I think, is not going to work. A seaking 120amp should work nicely.

http://www.kintecracing.com/Electrical.html
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...-540XL&cat=116

If you want a more expensive set up
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...series&cat=134
    http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/pro...d=cas-hydra240 or a seaking 180 found on kintecs page.

May I ask why you want to stay in the 4s range? Just curious. Happy boating...

I found what I was talking about.
    ok thank you very much teacher!!! i want to stay in 4s because i 've got five lipo turnigy 5000mah 4s!!!!

oh!! I had forgotten the ammo 2300kv is it good for my boat?

ok thank you very much teacher!!! i want to stay in 4s because i 've got five lipo turnigy 5000mah 4s!!!!
    It may be cheaper to buy some 2s and 3s packs then you can run 4s,5s or 6s for cheaper then buying esc/motor. Just an option.

oh!! I had forgotten the ammo 2300kv is it good for my boat?
    It's an option. Im not a huge fan of that motor, but it will work on your boat plus it will work with your esc you already have. Need to run a smaller prop though, something in the 38mm - 40mm range that motor needs to wind out.
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

It may be cheaper to buy some 2s and 3s packs then you can run 4s,5s or 6s for cheaper then buying esc/motor. Just an option.

It's an option. Im not a huge fan of that motor, but it will work on your boat plus it will work with your esc you already have. Need to run a smaller prop though, something in the 38mm - 40mm range that motor needs to wind out.
    ok my cousin got this motor i will try it with a grimracer 40/3 blades!

first test this morning with the motor 2300kv ammo in 4s and grimracer 40 / 3 blades, that is just excellent! more speed and stability! of course at the end of the run the flex shaft is turning in thin air in the collet!! (sorry I used the translator on google! ) someone had a solution to fix my flexshaft? thanks

The flex shaft is broken, or it came loose??

I wonder if the brass insert inside the collet got put in backwards when he changed motors. I've done the before lol
    - Diesel's Youtube
    - Diesel's Fleet

Quote Originally Posted by forescott View Post
    The flex shaft is broken, or it came loose??
    it is still attached to the motor but it runs into space and the prop stops turning