Thread: WTB: NQD Tear Into jet boat

Default WTB: NQD Tear Into jet boat

im looking for a nqd jet boat or one similar. anyone looking to get rid of one, or know if anyone still sells them new.

Shows they still have yellow http://www.raidentech.com/scaleboats.html

I have one rtr just add radio and 3s batt around (2200mah). This is my 4th build of a tear into jet. This is my best as of yet. Boat has only 3 set up runs on it. It has never been bashed up in creek yet. I built this one to sell.

Contains
    3450 kv motor(new)
    70a wp and water-cooled esc(new)
    Wp 5a wp ext bec(new)
    Hand made AL water cooling motor mount
    Hand made Al outrunner battery protector
    WP servo by filled with dielectric grease (new)
    Upgraded SS 1/8" shaft.
    Upgraded Al impeller (AL impeller is no longer available and much stronger than stock)
    Stock spare impeller upgraded to SS 1/8" shaft
    Reducer steering nosel (for better top speed)
    Hand made Al Intake plate with intake screen
    Power self bailing water line (keep inside of boat dry)

A 30c battery is recommended since motor pulls 34amps with Al impeller. Motor and esc runs cool.

There are two small cosmetic factory blems on hull. (see last two pictures)

These are some of most fun RC boat to run. They also make very good rescue boats. They are small easy to carry and powerful with forced cooling and since it’s a jet you can run over a pull rope with out worrying about it get stuck in prop. I make a hook out of coat hanger and foam backer rod and a 6 ft piece of rope for use with rescuing other boats. Hook not included.

sold
    shipped from 63125 box is 9"x9"x21" 3 lbs
    ship cal.
    http://postcalc.usps.gov/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by suckmywake; 07-24-2010 at 06:07 PM.

Pictures of blems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by suckmywake; 07-15-2010 at 10:23 PM.

thanks guys but i think im going to go with one of the new ones nomobux found. only because i want to mod it myself.

Suckmywake since you have some experience with these what do you think about one of these motors for it.
    http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=6387

On 2s it will be fine but not on 3s. If you are going to run 3s look for below 3200kv. 3200kv is a hot set up for stock impeller on 3s. I went with 3450kv because of Al impeller. 3450kv with stock impeller pulls 45a. On jets at a point the more rpm just makes more noise but does not make boat go faster. I like to over size esc than cut one close to max. You will be pulling more amps than me with higher kv and lower 2s voltage. Water proof all electronic because these are wet boats.
    Best of luck

Quote Originally Posted by suckmywake View Post
    On 2s it will be fine but not on 3s. If you are going to run 3s look for below 3200kv. 3200kv is a hot set up for stock impeller on 3s. I went with 3450kv because of Al impeller. 3450kv with stock impeller pulls 45a. On jets at a point the more rpm just makes more noise but does not make boat go faster. I like to over size esc than cut one close to max. You will be pulling more amps than me with higher kv and lower 2s voltage. Water proof all electronic because these are wet boats.
    Best of luck
    what type of speed is your boat pictured above capable of? looks like a nice clean build.... I really have been considering one of these as I don't have a rescue boat... I already have a ton of 30c 3s 2200mah lipos from my planes too....

I never gps boat but all go about same speed. Watch you tube for speed. Its not the top speed that make these fun but the handling. They are slow compared to a prop boat but allot faster than any toy boat and just about too fast in rapids but a lot of fun. The important thing on these is to prevent priming issues loosing prime or venting impeller. They all will loose prime at high speed as hull gets out of water but mine reprimes itself very well without let off on trigger. I think mine turn out a lot cleaner and performs a lot better and are easier to maintain than most but you know. I know $160 is not cheap but alot of hand made work to get to this one to this point. You will like it if you try it.

I will also consider trades for spectrum 2.4 receivers.
    Last edited by suckmywake; 07-16-2010 at 04:51 PM.

How much credit for a sr3000 reciever towards boat