Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Roll call

Quote Originally Posted by txboatpilot View Post
    Add me as well, I ran mine for the first time last week on Friday. I must say, I like the power of the motor on 4S2P, very stable, lots of run time and nothing but the lipo's were over 85deg (lipo's were 105deg.) after a 7-8 min run. That was with the stock prop, I did not have the GPS w/ me.. Next time I will get Gps with stock and x642 or x645 props:D .. It is no race boat, but it is a blast to run in calm or choppy water!
    I'm assuming that was 105 dF. Ever watch the TC guys wrap a tire warmer around their LiPo before a race? They are trying to get them to 104 dF. Something about the chemistry peaking at that temp. I think as long as you stay under 140 or so your going to be fine.

I'm in. I got mine a month ago. Drove it last weekend for the first time. Pry gonna leave mine alone. Stock w/ 2 ORION Lipo's. I did remove the stock radio and went with my spektrum. Removed antenna tube, make sure to tape the hatch. After a hatch blow-off, the antenna tube was the only thing holding the hatch from sliding backwards. Scared me pretty good, thought boat was going over.I don't plan on changing this boat anymore. I would like to build a hydro.

I would like to get one but don't have the funds right now - maybe for birthday?

I am in, bought it around Christmas, but hit water last weekend. Has the TLR skater on it.

Had a villian ex, that thing was toy compared to this thing.

Any ideas on a good prop? Perfer one of the cf props.

Thanks

Thumbs up

It's official now. Brought the Blackjack home after work tonight. My LHS forgot to get the PCard when he put in the order. I'll have to wait until that comes in, or my new Nimh packs I ordered from MA (they are supposed to be for a couple of other trucks, but you know, they store electricity and stuff). I want to learn to drive it stock, but I have a deal worked for a Novak HV6.5. I'll need a marine ESC for it, but it should make it scoot pretty good when I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakesurfer View Post
    It's official now. Brought the Blackjack home after work tonight. My LHS forgot to get the PCard when he put in the order. I'll have to wait until that comes in, or my new Nimh packs I ordered from MA (they are supposed to be for a couple of other trucks, but you know, they store electricity and stuff). I want to learn to drive it stock, but I have a deal worked for a Novak HV6.5. I'll need a marine ESC for it, but it should make it scoot pretty good when I'm ready.
    I would highly recomend against that motor (Novak HV6.5) for an upgrade, you would be better off in getting an XL size motor, more performance and cheaper.

I'm getting ready to go for the maiden voyage. Got some new MA 4.4 nimh sport packs in the mail tonight. Soon as the last one peaks, I'm off to the water. Hope the ESC doesn't get silly on me.
    One of the FE guys over on the MA forums says he has real good luck with the Novak HV motors on his boats. Seems to think the 6.5 with somthing like an ETTI 100A and a pair of 2S 8Ks in parrallel will make an animal out of the BJ. I'm getting a good deal on the 6.5 system from one of my offroad club members. Might have to use it for a bit in one of my MAXX trucks, but after that I'll have it available. Be worth trying anyway. Besides, I'm not a big fan of popping endbells and I don't think a MonsterRC heatsink/clamp will work well for a hydro cooled setup

Wakesurfer, I have an hv maxx I had run in a stock E-maxx, the thing was retarded. First gear backflips, all the way around, where it sat. Have fun, I couldn't keep the truck together....lol

I guess since this is still at the top of threads you can take me for one OFF the list. Got rid of it a while back. The actuall one I received was fine I just didnt like the looks and issues most are having with handling for a smaller boat.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ETOWNE View Post
    Wakesurfer, I have an hv maxx I had run in a stock E-maxx, the thing was retarded. First gear backflips, all the way around, where it sat. Have fun, I couldn't keep the truck together....lol
    Takes more than just a motor to make a MT run. I'll have some work to do to get the 3905s dialed into the track when I finally get the motors, but enough about EMaxxes already, they don't float well enough for this thread.

Well, I got the maiden voyage out of the way without any major drama. She would jump up and run fine on the 4.4k Nimh sport packs, but the run times were fairly short (about 4 minutes) when the ESC started dropping out. That was the first run for those batteries. Straight out of the box, peak em, and dump em in the hull. I started with the steering D/R turned down pretty low and gradualy increased it as I got more comfortable. It did try to chine lock then tip a little when it popped out of the turns, and wanted to go straight on throttle until I gave it more steering throw. didn't take long to get about 20 people for an audience so I'm glad i didn't have to go swim after it. ESC and Motor temps were mid 80s after both runs. The park lake looks big for a 26" boat, but even with a 2" wind chop the Blackjack made the lake look small real quick. I'm impressed. I could have a lot of fun with this, but I think I'll hold off on the hot rod treatment for a while. Gets much faster I'm going to have to drive to bigger water to use it. Still can't wait to see it on LiPo. MA 2S 8Ks should give me a little more punch and a lot longer run times. Does anyone else think the ESC is kind of jerky? Seemed to want to make big jumps in throttle increases instead of a smooth gain. I'm going to throw a Spektrum (DSM2) in it before I go again. Any chance that will smooth it out, or is it all in the ESC?

i have one!
    snort pixi sticks=symptoms-:

i have 7!!
    EYEKANDYGRAPHICS

www.rclipos.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eyekandyboats View Post
    i have 7!!
    holy sh!t

Can you link all seven to one transmitter? The wake would be a mess, but that might be enough grunt to get me up on a wakeboard.:rockon:

AHAHAHAHHA
    im gona try to try that

Thumbs up

Wow, what a difference batteries can make. Got to run the MaxAmps 2S 8Ks today. First time I snapped the trigger the boat lept out of the water and barrel roled all the way over. Got lucky that it landed right side up. I had to have gained at least 5mph on the top end. Runtime went from 4 1/2 minutes to 15. The 4400 nimh packs will not be in my hull again. As long as I took it out of the hole easy and lifted a little before the tighter turns I didn't have any problems. A few spectators thought the ZigZags my kids were running wer pretty cool. When I turned the BlackJack loose people started asking where they could get one and how much. This boat draws a crowd quick.

Default My pops does

My dad owns one... since he is never on the net I'll post for him...lol...I have a sv27

Got me one with an Octura X642 prop installed, running mine on Lipo batt. Everything else is stock.

I got one the first time I ran it the water wasn't exactly calm so I ended up doing a complete barrel roll and I stuck the landing

Sticking the barrel roll is a cool trick. I did it the first time I snapped the throttle on LiPo. I haven't tried it since though...still a little cool for swimming here

I've been running one for 4 weeks now. Little to no mods (push/pull switch, relocate ant, etc.). My venue is a little tight to make the turns without letting off a lot. Oh well!

Fairly new here, but been reading for 6-8 weeks.

As a side note, had issues with the receiver out of the box and switched to JR system. Works great now, no issues with pairs of Intellect 3800 & Venom 5000 NIMH borrowed from other 'toys'. Venoms are new, bought off a friend for a song.

Runtimes seem short still, 4-5 mins. What amps are the NIMH guys charging at? I use a MRC 977 Superbrain that can handle some specific amps if someone has some insight. I'm sure its here somewhere, but haven't come across yet.
    IMPBA: 7-Time FE World Record Holder "Don't think outside the box. Rather, refuse to admit that the box exists in the first place!"

MGM Controllers - Giant Power Lipos - ML Boatworks - Wholt's Wire Drives & Struts - Nano-Oil

I've had one for a month or so. Octura x642 sharpend and balanced and lipo's(2 Zippy 4300 7.4 packs). Stock hardware. It's my first FE and I love it.

I have one on the way!!!!

I bought a nitro hull being converted to brushless from Obrien, does that count?

Yes
    "A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough."
    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Bruce Lee. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I HAVE ONE TOO!!

* BBY Lift Master RIgger * Insane Gen 2 Cat * Aeromarine Avenger Pro Twin * Delta Force Cyber Storm * Delta Force 41" Mono * H&M Viper II * H&M Intruder * OSE Raider Hydro * Whiplash 20 * Brushless Mini Rio *

Im going to get one tommorrow!! :D:D:D they dont have an esc programmer there from proboat so can i use a different one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12